Petr Cech

eldo

• 2 weeks later...

Cech sounding like a captain here:-

Petr Cech has delivered a stark ultimatum to any Chelsea player opposed to Roman Abramovich's hiring and firing policy, saying: "If you don't like it, you can leave."

The Blues goalkeeper also challenged his team-mates to help the eighth manager he has worked under win over the fans following the savage abuse directed at Rafael Benitez in the Spaniard's first game in charge.

Cech said: "You adapt or you're out. It's as simple as that.

"You're here to play, you're here to do what the club and manager wants you to do. If you don't like it, you can leave.

"I'm here to play, I want to play so I do everything I can straight away so that the manager has no option but to put me in goal.

"That's the way I work and is the way it works for everybody because, if you stay sad and don't do the right things, you can end up on the bench and you're not playing and it will be even more disappointing.

"As a player, you need to do the right thing all the time."

No offence to PC, who has generally been nothing short of brilliant this season, but yesterday you could tell he was going to screw up.

He kept coming out of his box in needless situations, and was trying to dummy Carlton Cole on a few...The one time he really needed to come out and collect the ball, he failed and that led to the equalizer.

No offence to PC, who has generally been nothing short of brilliant this season, but yesterday you could tell he was going to screw up.

He kept coming out of his box in needless situations, and was trying to dummy Carlton Cole on a few...The one time he really needed to come out and collect the ball, he failed and that led to the equalizer.

Agree but TBF to him, the whole team just became lost and went panic whenever a ball comes into our box and that was already evident in the 1st half. The minute West Ham got their act together in the 2nd half, we just couldn't handle the aerial bombardment really. Midfield went missing(where was Mikel and/or Ramires for Diame's goal?!) and neither Cahill nor Ivanovic was hardly commanding enough in the box. Got owned by Carlton Cole(by Carlton Cole FFS!) and made him looked way better than he is! :doh:

What's people's thoughts on what we do with Cech now that we have a 20 year old prospect in Courtois?

Well imo I believe Cech will continue in net this season, the next one and the one after (hopefully Thibaut will be on loan at a PL club(s) for 2 seasons after his loan spell finishes at Atletico) giving us a 22/23 year old replacement who is more than capable and has some experience in the PL. Then Cech will hopefully stay and be back up to him providing him with help! :D

What's people's thoughts on what we do with Cech now that we have a 20 year old prospect in Courtois?

Courtois might well go out on loan next season again, this time probably in the Premier League and LDN Blue made this good point over in Courtois thread.

Not having a dig at the kid, but he must realise that in order for him to get his chance to breakthrough and adapt to life at Chelsea he must go through a period of bench warming. Cech didn't walk into this squad when he was first came, he got his break with an injury to Cudicini which Cech gladly took the opportunities given to him.

I like Courtois' passion to play, it's warming to see the kid wants to play for the love of the game and not the money. But patience plays its part. He also can get invaluable advice from Cech, because that man's experience is so key to the development of the young Belgian, it shouldn't be taken for granted. I'm sure if Fergie could've retained the services of Van Der Sar, De Gea would be a much better goal keeper right now.

Cech is our #1 goalie until he's not good enough. Keepers can last a long time (Friedel is 40 and still a very good goalie) so it might not be for a while.

So what do we do with Courtois?

Well imo I believe Cech will continue in net this season, the next one and the one after (hopefully Thibaut will be on loan at a PL club(s) for 2 seasons after his loan spell finishes at Atletico) giving us a 22/23 year old replacement who is more than capable and has some experience in the PL. Then Cech will hopefully stay and be back up to him providing him with help! :D

I sorta agree. I disagree with keeping Cech around though - too expensive and takes up a foreign spot.

We shouldn't rush anything with Courtois. He's a big talent, but we have a world class keeper and he will need some time to develop and we should give that time to him by loaning him at least 2 more seasons to clubs with a tight game schedule just like we have. Cech should remain in goal until his performances drop and that can take a few more years.

So what do we do with Courtois?

I sorta agree. I disagree with keeping Cech around though - too expensive and takes up a foreign spot.

What about that cock Ross Turnbull who takes up a home grown spot despite being one of the world goal keepers ever? Or Henrique "golden oldie" Hilario? Takes up a foreign spot?

Also I'd much rather Cech as backup than Turnbull or Hilario... I'm unsure if he'd stay to be no.2 but I'm sure he would. He seems really loyal, I'm sure hes had chances to leave Chelsea before.

Too expensive? Because of his wages?

I believe he isn't one of the highest earners at the club and regardless of whether he is too expensive and takes up a foreign spot, as long as he is still good enough, Cech stays!

If you want to talk about someone being expensive and waste a foreign spot, look no further than Torres!!

I actually agree with most of those points, but the way I see it Cech could conceivably be a top keeper for 7 years. What do we do with Courtois in that case? Ask him to sign at least one more contract whilst we're either sticking on the bench or sending him out on loan every year?

Eventually we're going to have to make a choice and if the choice is to sell Cech, then the sooner we sell him the more value he has.

We shouldn't rush anything with Courtois. He's a big talent, but we have a world class keeper and he will need some time to develop and we should give that time to him by loaning him at least 2 more seasons to clubs with a tight game schedule just like we have. Cech should remain in goal until his performances drop and that can take a few more years.

Courtois said himself he would be happy to go out on loan but I just wonder how long he will start to get fed up of going on loan which I think he might well do. It might come to a case similar to the one at City where Hart returned from a brilliant loan at Birmingham back to his parent club City and competed with Given for the no.1 jersey and everyone thought Given would edge him out but Hart won the battle and has shown himself to be one of the bets keepers around. Maybe Courtois and Cech will do the same thing because Cech can realistically go another decade playing in goal for us

Agree but TBF to him, the whole team just became lost and went panic whenever a ball comes into our box and that was already evident in the 1st half. The minute West Ham got their act together in the 2nd half, we just couldn't handle the aerial bombardment really. Midfield went missing(where was Mikel and/or Ramires for Diame's goal?!) and neither Cahill nor Ivanovic was hardly commanding enough in the box. Got owned by Carlton Cole(by Carlton Cole FFS!) and made him looked way better than he is! :doh:

The pair have gone missing several times in recent games...Like for Vidal's goal in Juve's 3-0 win....I don't know if its because of fatigue, but its something that has been plaguing the team this season.

And yeah, it was awkward seeing Cole all over Ivanovic for that goal...