Petr Cech

eldo

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8373289/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Petr Cech is to undergo a scan on Monday to discover the extent of the injury he suffered in Chelsea's victory over Everton.

The goalkeeper was forced off at half-time in his side's eventual 2-1 win at Goodison Park on Sunday after suffering from pain in his groin.

Chelsea have since confirmed Cech is to have further assessment on Monday after sustaining a "strained adductor muscle at the top of his leg".

And the Czech is hoping for a positive result from the scans, as he told his official website: "I think it was in 40th minute when I was punching the ball away and when I jumped I felt pain in my right groin.

"I finished the half knowing I would not be able to continue after the break. We will see how serious it is. We will know more after the medical check that I undergo tomorrow."

Can't believe this man will be making his 400th Chelsea appearance tomorrow. Just another nine after that and he'll be the man with the equal-tenth most appearances in a Chelsea shirt. Phenomenal.

Easily the greatest transfer in Premier League history. £7 million, may I remind you. Look at how much United have spent on de Gea, how much Lloris cost Tottenham... and neither of them are even half the goalkeeper Petr is. A true Chelsea legend, whose career is likely to be brought to a premature end by Courtois.

Ever since Courtios was signed i was wondering if the sad rum-our that Cech might have to retire early is true.

If not then signing Courtios would have made absolutely no sense.

I actually think that Lindegaard is better than de gea. And to be fair they are both better than Turnbull

Turnbulls wasting his time at Chelsea, he deserves to be no. 1 and a midtable club like Fulham. Only way he'll ever further his career. I mean think about it Cech'll last just long enough for Courtais to hit his peak, Turnbull will always just be a reserve at Chelsea.

Turnbulls wasting his time at Chelsea, he deserves to be no. 1 and a midtable club like Fulham. Only way he'll ever further his career. I mean think about it Cech'll last just long enough for Courtais to hit his peak, Turnbull will always just be a reserve at Chelsea.

Oh yea, no doubt Turnbull will never be no 1 here