Petr Cech

eldo

Typical response.

The telling factor is that only Chelsea fans think Cech is better than Neuer. Hart is debateable I guess but he has shown his class already and at a young age. Cech has declined a bit but is still very good. Courtois can perhaps become better than all of them.

No one is questioning that he is very good.

I did not wrote people are questioning he is very good, people are questioning he is the best choice for CFC.

You pointed out 3 other goalkeepers you would prefer...

Buffon is already too old to change clubs, has no connection with CFC nor England and his prime is behind him. Hart has more ups and downs than any of those 4 and plays for a newly rival. Neuer is pretty hated in England and is totally overrated. Cech did some amazing and unforgettable things for us, loves the club and, lastly, is a hell of a keeper!

With Cech, JT, Lampard and Drogba (already gone) I feel the same way, there might be better players in their positions, but I wouldnt let them go for nothing.

The telling factor is that only Chelsea fans think Cech is better than Neuer. Hart is debateable I guess but he has shown his class already and at a young age. Cech has declined a bit but is still very good. Courtois can perhaps become better than all of them.

Can you actually prove it or are these just your opinions?

http://www1.skysport...n-the-business-

A short analysis of Cech this season along with some statistics included in there.

Statistics are always nice to see. Even though they help, you can't just take the numbers alone. Even if you take into account the data provided almost excludes influence from the defensive system, you have saves and saves. You can't just have a look and say X better than Y because 10 saves vs. 8 saves, for instance. It doesn't show how hard was each save, nor the circunstances of the goals conceded. That being said, really impressed with Cech numbers. Awesome season so far.

Cech was the main hero in Munich even before Drogba. Drogba on the sky sports programme admitted as much.

Cech's heroics meant Drogba header was an equalizer and not a mere consolation, Cech's heroics to save Robben's penalty save Didier's bacon in extra time, Cech keeping out the 2 shootout penalty's gave Drogba the platform to make that ultimate exit.

Drogba ran straight to Cech after he tucked away that penalty for a reason, Cech saved him from being the villain then gave him the platform to make the ultimate exit.

That's just one of the many example's where Cech has saved us. There is no words to describe just how incredible he has been for us, when i think of the problems United, Arsenal and Spurs have with their goallie's, make's me realize just how lucky we are to have him.

Its a shame what happened with his injury. Since his injury at Reading he has been a world class keeper but i really believe without his injury he would have been the Messi of between the sticks.