Petr Cech

eldo

Much easier said than done to be so magnanimous sometime.

When you spend week after week, season after season trudging up n down the length of England and around Europe. In these days of being continually told to keep our emotions under control we have less and less places that we can release our angst so what harm is there to show our disappointment if we think someone has let us down that plays for the team which we love? Nobodys asking people to agree with it. We all have a right to voice opinions whether anti or pro as long as its not violent.

3 seasons ago we were laughing at them that they win fuck all and the clowns of England...

3 seasons later they won 2 FA Cups and Community shield. Like it or not they are progressing. They finished 3rd last season, not their usual 4th.

This GK issue will fix one of the puzzles Arsenal needs to become even stronger. Arsenal has no real leader at the back, with Cech they have. Cech will make critical saves that will save Arsenal points.

No matter how we shake it, this is a very good move for Arsenal, bad move for us. Because if Courtois gets injured or needs a rest, we don't have a solid replacement as Cech.

And our squad needs improving as well, 2nd half of the season was very uncomfortable to watch. Costa and Remy out on most parts, Hazard quiet in some important games, Fabregas wasn't at his best...

We are bringing in Falcao while maybe slightly better than Drogba, still isn't enough to improve. And Remy may leave if this Falcao transfer goes through so we may be even more weakened.

The future isn't that bright for Chelsea as it stands, while for Arsenal it getting much brighter. Even without another DM and striker they will be still a threat.

I don't know why Cech wants to help Arsenal. He has won everything he could in England. That is a mystery that probably won't be solved.

we didn't sell anyone to Arsenal and if you think they're progressing by winning FA Cups, well, then that's your view of it. I don't think they are. We sold to United, Everton, others, but not Arsenal.

Does it matter? We practically still sold quality players to them and helped them to gain points to achieve their objective.

matters because it means we can afford it and it shows how below us most of them are... Arsenal need much more than Cech to come close to challenge an EPL title.

I said the same about Mata and United... didn't feel like I hit off the mark then and I don't think I will now.

How are Arsenal getting stronger by signing our back-up keeper, exactly? They're pretty mediocre if you remove Sanchez from their team, not to mention that this year we finished the league with twelve points more. Obviously they've improved these past few years, but I remain unconvinced. They're like the most inconsistent top four team ever, far from champion material.

If you think you'll see Wenger beat Mourinho to the title in your lifetime you're stupid.

What baffles me is the price rumoured. Cech, still one of best GKs in world, selling to our biggest city rival and for just 10m?

Cech is 33, which is like 28 for any outfield player. Still has at least 3 top years left, 10m rumoured is not enough.

If we are selling to them, we should squeeze these fuckers as much we can.

We shouldn't ever sell any player to them again in the future. Cech the last one. F*** them.

Petr wants to stay in London, it's his request. I think we should respect that, it'd be a dick move to sell him to Turkey just because we it would be better for us. Joining Arsenal must be hard for him too but he is a husband and a father and he wants his family to stay in London.

Petr wants to stay in London, it's his request. I think we should respect that, it'd be a dick move to sell him to Turkey just because we it would be better for us. Joining Arsenal must be hard for him too but he is a husband and a father and he wants his family to stay in London.

Yeah, just hoping this is the last one. Hope we could prevent something like this happening again to our players in the future, for the fans sake. We should add more clause like couldn't leave to another same city rival club, or something like that in any contract signing or extension.

Yeah, just hoping this is the last one. Hope we could prevent something like this happening again to our players in the future, for the fans sake. We should add more clause like couldn't leave to another same city rival club, or something like that in any contract signing or extension.

Why would you sign an anti-compete? You just wouldn't. It would also be pretty shaky legally...

I have been reading this thread and it seems that people are split on Peter leaving us. Some are pleased for him, and others are annoyed that he is leaving. Well lets be brutally honest and list a few facts, and then I'll give my feelings on this transfer.

Fact......Petr was a super servant to Chelsea for many years now.

Fact......He has won everything he could at Chelsea.

Fact......He didn't make any waves when he was dropped for Courtois.

Fact......He is a true gentleman and superb professional.

But

Fact.....He lost his place because we now have a better keeper.

Fact.....He wont get game time with us next season either.

Fact.....He's a good keeper, but he wont win Arsenal a Premiership title.(Because the rest of that team is crap)

Fact.....He's getting on, his family is settled and he doesn't want to uproot them. And Arsenal being the second best team in London were the only team to bid.

Fact....This was a family decision and not really a football one. He will be well paid, play top grade football and see out his remaining football career incomfort.

Fact....He will never get another big transfer payday

Fact....Although not good enough for a starting place at Chelsea, he will significantly improve Arsenal........but not enough to overtake us.

So.......My verdict is that although I am a bit sad to see him go, I will wish him all the best in the twilight years of his career. But for Chelsea it is onwards and upwards, and if you're not good enough to play regulary and want first team football, well them perhaps it's right to sign for a lesser side than us, to secure that for yourself.

Good luck Petr, we will miss you, But the time is right for the parting of the waves.

#facts

What baffles me is the price rumoured. Cech, still one of best GKs in world, selling to our biggest city rival and for just 10m?

Cech is 33, which is like 28 for any outfield player. Still has at least 3 top years left, 10m rumoured is not enough.

If we are selling to them, we should squeeze these fuckers as much we can.

Agree.The board took a decision to let cech go according to his choice.

But atleast we should get a good fee or someone like oxalade-chamberlain..

we should play a hard ball game and milk these gonners