Petr Cech

eldo

I'm seeing people are upset over the reported fee of £10.9m, but come on guys were you expecting £20m?

Yeah you can argue that 33 is relatively young for a GK, but no-one's paying over the odds for a player that age. The fee is irrelevant anyway, it's instantly downgraded when the player wants to leave. The club doesn't hold the bargaining power.

I don't think we're getting anything out of this deal, from Arsenal's side. It's a fallacy to think Wenger is about to do something as stupid as give away Oxlade, as I've read, considering how vital these players are becoming.

After the whole Lampard affair, I can't be bothered to care about Cech going to Arsenal to be honest. I probably won't be 'cheering' him every time as some fans will, I support the club.

LDN is spot on, anyone who thinks we could have milked Arsenal are kidding themselves in fact if anything we have got the better if the deal.

Cech is 33, he hasn't got that many years left, before someone hits me with VDS he was a one off, the keepers stay great until their late 30s is a massive urban myth, Seaman was letting goals in from corners late on his career, the great Dane was floating around in mid table. Schwarzer and Freidel were not a 3rd as good as their prime at us or Spurs.

Given Cechs injury record and he was one of a triplet (which apparently weakens bone structure or something along those lines) the chances of him being in his prime for that much longer isn't very likely let alone doing a VDS, in fact I heard that the fears that Cech had to retire early was the reason we got Tibo in the first place, in fact the Belgium himself said it.

So all thing's considered we were never going to get huge money for Cech.

Don't fool yourselves, Cech is still a great goalkeeper with huge experience who will probably last for many years to come. He may even stay at Arsenal longer than Courtois does with us.

Courtois will go? We're doooomed.

Don't fool yourselves, Cech is still a great goalkeeper with huge experience who will probably last for many years to come. He may even stay at Arsenal longer than Courtois does with us.

I guess were find out then won't we.

There is an unpleasant tradition of giving away some of our great players.

Greaves - Hudson - Cook and even Ossie went to Southampton towards the end of his carreer after a dispute.

Now Petr.

Could we not have given him to Spurs at least ?

They need a goalkeeper, they are a team that goes places in Europe and are less of an imminent antagonist in the league.

Petr Cech has six full years infront of him.

Courtois can be considered better but only because he is taller.

People need to get some reality, and not confuse the loyalty fans have with the badge kissing charade that goes on with players and their corporate employers.

Their are a few exceptions -JT who briefly flirted with Citeh, and Dan Petrescu springs to mind - "In the summer, Tottenham made an offer, but it was me who turned down the transfer," he told onefootball.com. "I said it would be unfair to leave a club who had helped me greatly after the problems at Bradford. And I would have felt like a traitor playing for a London team that was not Chelsea."

In the main its the fans that have the loyalty -its that and TV money what keeps these corporate giants going after all -but dont expect integrity from players.

To me this issue is frankly sad and disappointing. I can not understand that players like Frank Lampard and Peter Cech whom have lived so many good emotions in The Bridge and have been supported, esteem and admiration of us all, I can not understand how they are able to play for Manchester City or Arsenal when they have 36 and 33 years and are in the last years of their careers, a career where they have nothing to prove to anyone and they have won everything with us. For me this is really sad and disappointing.

I will never insult Frank Lampard or Peter Cech, obviously, but in days like these is when I feel more admiration and appreciation for John Terry ©. A captain, a leader, a Leyend. ONE OF US

I understand what Peter Cech says about his desire to continue playing in London for his family. This is a really understandable reason.

But he could perfectly go play with Fulham or Tottenham, teams which are not our direct rivals to win Premier League, and he would continue to live in London. This decision would be more reasonable.

Peter Cech also makes this move to try to be the main goalkeeper for his country at Euro 2016 and the next World Cup. But with Fulham or Tottemhan he would still be in the starting eleven of Czech Republic without any doubt.

His move to Arsenal is totally incomprehensible.

I think we should counteract this move and convince Oxlade-Chambelain to force Arsenal to sell us Oxlale-Chamberlain irretrievably. I think it's a question of honor.

Regards to ALL.

Fulham are you on drugs mate ?.Why would he want to join Spurs? No champions league football and that could only happen if Lloris was to leave. Not quite sure how we are able to force Ox to join us. This is a different scenario to Gallas and Cole. A question of honour regarding who Cech or Chelsea because i think the club have acted very honourably. By letting Cech basically pick where he wants to go because of the impeccable way he's conducted himself while he's been at the club. Yes it sticks in the craw that he's joining Arsenal but he's going to be busier then anytime in his career, our back four and Arsenal's are worlds apart in quality.

If MU don't sign any major signing and FFP prevent City to limit their buy, actually I could see Arsenal competing for......... 2nd place next season

FFP as far as I understand it has just been ruled as illegal and therefore unenforcable as far as I understand it.