Petr Cech

eldo

Obviously I am not so smart as you, perhaps you are the perfection among the perfect ... One chosen among the chosen.

But I'm a Chelsea fan and as I have feelings, I would not like that one blue legend will play for a a direct rival which fans insult us every week. It is a question of honor, and everyone chooses to where his honor arrives.

Choose yourself to where your honor arrives as chelsea fan...

By the way, I'm going to get into the cinema to see a movie. See you tomorrow.

Well enjoy the film that first sentence sounds like a tag line. It's not a question of honour at all it's just a man making a career move that you don't agree with. Very little honour in football never has been it's extremely cut throat as is all high powered business.

Obviously I am not so smart as you, perhaps you are the perfection among the perfect ... One chosen among the chosen.

But I'm a Chelsea fan and as I have feelings, I would not like that one blue legend will play for a a direct rival which fans insult us every week. It is a question of honor, and everyone chooses to where his honor arrives.

Choose yourself to where your honor arrives as chelsea fan...

By the way, I'm going to get into the cinema to see a movie. See you tomorrow.

No worries. All this crap makes you appreciate the true legends - Jt for us. S. Gerrard for pool. Etc Etc

Cech will always be appreciated by the fans, though - that much should be asserted, after all he's done for the club. If he doesn't go to Arsenal...I think he moves into that legends bracket.

Yeah, you're right and maybe I wasn't clear in what I really feel.

I think they aren't anywhere close to challenging the league - I should have worded it better. Of course winning 2 straight FA Cups is better than no title in 9 years, but I don't see the necessary improvement to even challenge, let alone winning EPL title - Cech or not Cech. So I think they just have a domestic cup under their belt, but as a team, they're far from being a top team fighting for EPL (never alone UCL). The cups are nice to win and I like FA (not much League Cup), but they also give you the misleading idea you may be doing well as you're winning titles, when they aren't really a thermometer to the bigger competitions. That's how I felt. I feel like they're as stagnant about winning the league as they were a few years ago. Even in the season everyone thought at some point they'd end up as the runner ups given their streak of wins and manageable fixture list, and even that they weren't capable of doing.

I hate Cech is going there, but he wants to go there, so there's nothing to do. I'd be a complete lack of class and disrespect towards the guy who has always been a great player for us in every possible way to block him from moving where he wants to go.

Cech definitely improves them, but it doesn't improve them enough to become title contenders imo. We include Arsenal as contenders because they're one of the big teams in the country, but they aren't realistically speaking.

But you did have a point, one I overlooked because it's so easy to just dismiss Arsenal.

Thank you Barbara for stating the obvious so eloquently. I really hate that he's choosing to go there. I expected better of him. But they are still so far from a champion caliber team in so many ways.

The fans that hate Lampard must now hate Cech in the sense that this deal is a bigger threat to our title then lampards move last season, purely because Cech will play every game and have more imput to Arsenals season were as Lampard hardly played and when he did he didnt really do anything. People will say he has a shit back line in front of him but whats to say Arsenal are going to stop here.

I get that he needs to think of his family but he must know that going to a massive rival that hates each other he is going to lose alot of fans and his Legend status, for me like lamaprd he is now just a former great chelsea player. I will always remember what they did for us.

the only Legend we have left in our team is Terry.

The fans that hate Lampard must now hate Cech in the sense that this deal is a bigger threat to our title then lampards move last season, purely because Cech will play every game and have more imput to Arsenals season were as Lampard hardly played and when he did he didnt really do anything. People will say he has a shit back line in front of him but whats to say Arsenal are going to stop here.

I get that he needs to think of his family but he must know that going to a massive rival that hates each other he is going to lose alot of fans and his Legend status, for me like lamaprd he is now just a former great chelsea player. I will always remember what they did for us.

the only Legend we have left in our team is Terry.

But the 'hate' for Lampard is not because he joined City. It's because he explicitly said he would never play for another English side and then put on a huge act and lied to everyone to join City.

Frank was at the end of his career had already decided he wants to move abroad but decided to sneak a few months at City which would do absolutely nothing to his career but hugely damage his legendary status at Chelsea, just for a bit more money.

While Petr is still world class and potentially has about 5 more years at the top. He didn't lie, he didn't deceive the fans. His family is settled here and don't want to move and he deserves to break that EPL record.

It is completely different.

While Petr is still world class and potentially has about 5 more years at the top. He didn't lie, he didn't deceive the fans. His family is settled here and don't want to move and he deserves to break that EPL record.

so why didn't we sell him to Tottenham? obviously a team somewhere in the world will have bid for Lloris & they'd bite our hands off to have Cech; they wouldn't be contenders to us and he'd still be in London. why didn't he push to stay in London at a good ol' team on the up like Crystal Palace?

It is absolutely inexcusable to move to Arsenal from Chelsea. who the fuck does that? No legends do.

so why didn't we sell him to Tottenham? obviously a team somewhere in the world will have bid for Lloris & they'd bite our hands off to have Cech; they wouldn't be contenders to us and he'd still be in London. why didn't he push to stay in London at a good ol' team on the up like Crystal Palace?

It is absolutely inexcusable to move to Arsenal from Chelsea. who the fuck does that? No legends do.

The question is irrelevant because it assumes that Petr is 'owned' as if he were some inanimate object. We don't get to sell him to whoever we want because his desires and decisions are a huge, possibly the biggest, factor in where he ends up.

As to why he would want to move to Arsenal over Tottenham, firstly obviously there has been no interest from Tottenham that we know of, but in a hypothetical situation where there is an interest from spurs, I imagine he'd still choose Arsenal because he's still world class and would want to play in the CL.

All that said, I don't see how moving to Tottenham would be better from our perspective than moving to Arsenal.

2013-14 Ozil to Arsenal, Real Madrid win the UCL

2014-15 Sanchez to Arsenal, Barca win the UCL

2015-16 Cech to Arsenal...Chelsea? :D

2002 & 2003: Consecutive FA Cups

Sign Lehmann (33)

2003/04: Undefeated

2014 & 2015: Consecutive FA Cups

Sign Cech (33)

2015/16 ...

Bye.

It's not completely different, at the end of the day Lampard and Cech chose to play for rival teams. And that stings.

Of course it stings, but we're talking about 'hate' or rather respect. The manner in which that is accomplished and the circumstances make a huge difference. I lost no respect towards Petr after this move even if I am not happy about it, but I lost a ton of respect for Frank because of the manner in which he moved to City.