Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Wasn't the rationale United fans used for signing Mata? In fact wasn't his lack of physicality and defensive workrate the reason we sold him? I know it's probably a different situation because those types of things must not be as important in the pivot as they are at number 10.

If we must sign a former Arsenal midfielder from Barcelona, wouldn't Alex Song be cheaper, homegrown and probably a better fit for our midfield? 11 assists in 2011-2012 too.

Song isn't in Fabregas's class. I think he'll have much more space than people think he will and will be able to pull the strings just like we'd need him to. He'll have other players around him to pick up some of the slack, but I think he'd be able to adapt well to Jose's system.

We saw in games where Oscar dropped deeper that he had forever to dribble with the ball and stroke it around. Having a more accomplished passer in there will help loads.

If we must sign a former Arsenal midfielder from Barcelona, wouldn't Alex Song be cheaper, homegrown and probably a better fit for our midfield? 11 assists in 2011-2012 too.

Fabregas is also HG.

As you may know, I also rate Song quite highly and wouldn't mind having him but clearly Fabregas is the better player of the two. Can't really say much on who'd be the better fit because we don't know exactly how Mourinho is planning on using Fabregas if he gets him but I think both of them could do a job for us. If / when we're only getting one I'd prefer Cesc but Alex Song is not at all a bad shout either.

On paper looks great with Cesc-Matic-Oscar but that trio lacks speed and power big time...

Cesc is not as fast and mobile he was 3 years ago in arsenal, while Oscar was never man who could run up and down for 90mins without geting exhausted after few games...

I believe Vidal would be best fit atm, Pogba is young and expensive, Modric is not available and Kroos/Koke are very similar to Cesc (some small advantages and disadvantages in comparison)

Wouldnt hate Cesc here, its big name and world class CM but he isnt realy Mou type when comes to stay back and defend and run etc..

On paper looks great with Cesc-Matic-Oscar but that trio lacks speed and power big time...

Cesc is not as fast and mobile he was 3 years ago in arsenal, while Oscar was never man who could run up and down for 90mins without geting exhausted after few games...

I believe Vidal would be best fit atm, Pogba is young and expensive, Modric is not available and Kroos/Koke are very similar to Cesc (some small advantages and disadvantages in comparison)

Wouldnt hate Cesc here, its big name and world class CM but he isnt realy Mou type when comes to stay back and defend and run etc..

Well Iniesta/Xavi/Busquest isn't exactly the fastest around, neither is Bastian/Thiago/Gotze or Modric/Alonso/Khedira. They still thrive, just because we don't have a Yaya or Fernandinho who can runs 30 yards in 1 go doesn't mean our mid are slow. We already got enough pace with Hazard, Costa and Wilian. Also Ramires and Schurrle too whenever needed, you are saying as if we need to play like against City earlier this season every week. That is the sort of match where you need pace as much as possible, not against the likes of Sunderland, Palace...etc

maybe van ginkel could add running powerr

Song isn't in Fabregas's class. I think he'll have much more space than people think he will and will be able to pull the strings just like we'd need him to. He'll have other players around him to pick up some of the slack, but I think he'd be able to adapt well to Jose's system.

We saw in games where Oscar dropped deeper that he had forever to dribble with the ball and stroke it around. Having a more accomplished passer in there will help loads.

I think a lot of work would be needed between Oscar and Fabregas in terms of pressing the ball and helping out Matic. Have them alternate when we lose the ball but use them both when in possession.

I just think there's a vulnerability with him. I hope it works if we get him and maybe Jose sees this as an unexpected challenge/opportunity. I trust him.

Song is dog shit though. We can all agree cesc is world class on his day

One thing Fabregas would give Mourinho is options. We don't have a player like him in midfield, so this signing would make us a lot more versatile and unpredictable, and will give Jose even more ammunition and tactical flexibility to change things up.

One thing fabregas will add is through passes behind the defence. We lost it when mata left.

Nobody in our team right now does that, so defences expect sideways passes from all our AM's and CM's. Accurate, over the top direct passes from fabregas to costa would add a new dimension to our game against opposition.

I think a lot of work would be needed between Oscar and Fabregas in terms of pressing the ball and helping out Matic. Have them alternate when we lose the ball but use them both when in possession.

I just think there's a vulnerability with him. I hope it works if we get him and maybe Jose sees this as an unexpected challenge/opportunity. I trust him.

what people are neglecting to see is that we are not as good in defence as we are being made out to. its our style of play that has provided immense protection to the defence. even with costa in, we will not be a team that will be banging in 3 goals per game. our gameplan would stilll be a 1-0/2-0 proper jose win. and for that, fabregas simply does not fit the profile.

as u said, their is a sense of vulnerability around him!!!

what people are neglecting to see is that we are not as good in defence as we are being made out to. its our style of play that has provided immense protection to the defence. even with costa in, we will not be a team that will be banging in 3 goals per game. our gameplan would stilll be a 1-0/2-0 proper jose win. and for that, fabregas simply does not fit the profile.

I kind of disagree with this. I fully expect Oscar to step up big time next season in his statistical output and Hazard will go to the next level with a natural, top class LB on his side of the pitch. I think we're going to be scoring loads next season and not grinding out narrow 1-0 or 2-0 results.

A new CM is imperative though.

See, you don't know that. One could say that you're neglecting the fact that Jose might be willing to change. You don't know and can't say for sure whether Jose is going to remain conservative or whether he'll change the style of play again to the one he initially promised when he first came back.

Sure, Fabregas doesn't fit the profile for the teams we put out in the 13/14 season but who's to say that Jose wants to keep it that way? Who's to say Jose doesn't want to go out and get goals just like he did in his 2nd season at Madrid?

I agree that our defence is reliant on the system to a certain extent, but I think we'll probably be a lot more adventurous next season. I fancy Hazard to light it up big style and Costa will hopefully help immensely.

In the games against the big teams though, I don't know if Fabregas starts.

Song at Arsenal was very inconsistent, he was a defensive midfielder but had problems with his positioning. In his last season he was more of a box to box midfielder, look at how many assist he had, but honestly Cesc is miles ahead of him.

I agree that our defence is reliant on the system to a certain extent, but I think we'll probably be a lot more adventurous next season. I fancy Hazard to light it up big style and Costa will hopefully help immensely.

In the games against the big teams though, I don't know if Fabregas starts.

I think he does but as the furthest advanced player in a 3 instead of in a 2.

Pack the midfield in big games with Cesc, Matic, and Ramires. Against smaller or weaker sides who sit deep and defend we can play Cesc with Matic or still play a midfield 3 with Oscar, Cesc, and Matic.

I'm just setting myself up for a huge letdown here if we don't sign him. :(

See, you don't know that. One could say that you're neglecting the fact that Jose might be willing to change. You don't know and can't say for sure whether Jose is going to remain conservative or whether he'll change the style of play again to the one he initially promised when he first came back.

Sure, Fabregas doesn't fit the profile for the teams we put out in the 13/14 season but who's to say that Jose wants to keep it that way? Who's to say Jose doesn't want to go out and get goals just like he did in his 2nd season at Madrid?

jose is STILL building a team. building our IDENTITY... we dont have one like barca, RM or saf's united. jose WILL NOT change the way he so clearly wants us to play cos we are buying fabregas.

jose dint simply just go and get goals. that is a very wrong way of putting how awesome RM were that season. they let in a total of 32 goals while scoring 121. its not like they let in 50 goals. jose's teams are based on solid defences and a solid base, RM had that, for that season.

plus this is PL. jose is not naive as wenger or rodgers to try and outscore teams. it simply is not his way.