Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

It has been mentioned before, but our main problem last season was creating good chances against weaker teams. Sure, there was West Ham where we created many good opportunities and can only blame bad luck, but then there was Norwich, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke etc where you could tell that only a flash of individual brilliance would change anything.

I do not know how many times I saw the games we played turn into handball where we were passing it around outside the box without any real threat. Costa will make a big difference but the delivery is just as important as the finishing, and while I think Matic is amazing he is not the type of player to consistently look for gaps or to quickly start counters. Ramires and Mikel are not even worth mentioning in that regard. It does not strike me as MVG's main strength either.

Tiago is a good passer, but his game is more all-around and I would personally feel better having a player who is specialized in finding that last pass. Fabregas is such a player.
Mourinho likes changing things around in big games and can start with Tiago, Ramires or MVG in place of Fabregas if he finds him a liability. When it comes to the other 12-13 teams in the league where Chelsea find themselves being the controlling party I would say that Fabregas could make a huge difference.

Still, Koke would offer much better balance which is why I prefer him, but Fabregas would be a great transfer.

Not buying that at all. Fabregas is prem proven, and a very good player who is readily available and would be much easier to sign. Koke is going to go to Barcelona. If it is Roman who wants Fabregas, I think we will end up with him

does this thing still exist????

i thought it died after the whole buying Torres over Aguero thing in 2011 because he was prem proven

It has been mentioned before, but our main problem last season was creating good chances against weaker teams. Sure, there was West Ham where we created many good opportunities and can only blame bad luck, but then there was Norwich, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke etc where you could tell that only a flash of individual brilliance would change anything.

I do not know how many times I saw the games we played turn into handball where we were passing it around outside the box without any real threat. Costa will make a big difference but the delivery is just as important as the finishing, and while I think Matic is amazing he is not the type of player to consistently look for gaps or to quickly start counters. Ramires and Mikel are not even worth mentioning in that regard. It does not strike me as MVG's main strength either.

Tiago is a good passer, but his game is more all-around and I would personally feel better having a player who is specialized in finding that last pass. Fabregas is such a player.

Mourinho likes changing things around in big games and can start with Tiago, Ramires or MVG in place of Fabregas if he finds him a liability. When it comes to the other 12-13 teams in the league where Chelsea find themselves being the controlling party I would say that Fabregas could make a huge difference.

Still, Koke would offer much better balance which is why I prefer him, but Fabregas would be a great transfer.

Exactly. We need to be as versatile as possible, especially in midfield.

We have a very skillfull manager, he must be provided with all sorts of options.

Koke over Fabregas is a no brainer but he might want to stay in Spain.

I'd certainly have Pogba or Vidal over Cesc but I'd have Fabregas over Kroos and it's a toss up in my eyes between him and Koke.

I'd be delighted with any of them to be fair. Fabregas just seems like the smartest business out of all of them bar Kroos. Not often a world class player comes on to the market at £30m. Pogba, Vidal, and Koke would cost nearly double that in all likelihood.

Imagine getting two world class players in Costa and Fabregas for a combined ~60m after selling Luiz for 50m. Terrific business. Then get Luis for 18m and we have the best XI in the country and top 3 in the world.

Only thing I can deduct from the press reports is we may have indeed spoken to Darren Dein, Fabregas' agent, and agreed some sort of package. Agreeing the fee with Barca, if we do at all, will more than likely happen after Costa is official or Luis

015a46b7a92fac088fab09234a9ad4ad.png

Yep..sounds like a right twat.

Yeh and Rob Beasley actually said a good while ago he has agreed everything for £32m. That Gaz was just coming across as more opinion based tweets than fact. Beasley reported Ashley Cole leaving, before Cole himself tweeted it. He gets a bit of a hard time, but IMO Beasley is pretty good with CFC news

Not often a world class player comes on to the market at £30m.

Wasn't the rationale United fans used for signing Mata? In fact wasn't his lack of physicality and defensive workrate the reason we sold him? I know it's probably a different situation because those types of things must not be as important in the pivot as they are at number 10.

If we must sign a former Arsenal midfielder from Barcelona, wouldn't Alex Song be cheaper, homegrown and probably a better fit for our midfield? 11 assists in 2011-2012 too.

I think Pogba is slightly overrated around here. He's yet to prove himself as a leader in midfield, he plays with Vidal and Pirlo and needs to do much less than we'll need him, i just think people want him so much because of his profile (a tall technical CM, like Yaya Toure), kind a similar to the love for Axel Witsel in this forum.

If we cant get some other CMs i would like Pogba, but i cant see why he's topping everyone's wishlist.

About Vidal, he would fit really good next to Matic, but Cesc has qualities he doesnt. Vidal isnt a playmaker, he's technical but he isnt a passer. He wouldnt sit back and find the right passes like Cesc. He will make late runs into the box and score goals, he'll make runs with the ball from midfield, but so does Cesc. I feel Cesc can contribute more than him in attack while he'll contirbute more in defense.

Believe Alex Song would be better for us than Cesc is absolutely unbelievable. "11 assists in 2011-2012", wow! Arsenal fans thought he was awful even in that season. And he looks so limited in Barcelona, almost like he never played football.