Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I think you're reading into what I wrote a bit too much. What they're trying to do is prove a point that Cesc can't and won't play in the pivot because some guy who watches Barca says so... Not exactly the most compelling argument Especially when he says, “there probably aren’t many out there who have seen as much of Fabregas since he decided to leave England as Arron has”

We all watched Fabregas, we all know Barca never play with a pivot, what we don't know is whether or not he can or will

We all watched Fabregas but the point is, how many of those people watch it as often as a Barcelona fan would to know exactly Fabregas's strengths and weaknesses? I do think an even more in-depth thought should have been obtained but yeah. And while Barcelona are famously known for their 4-3-3, they did tweak their formation and setup a little under Tata Martino last season. They didn't necessarily just stick with the same old 4-3-3 in every game.

I think you're reading into what I wrote a bit too much. What they're trying to do is prove a point that Cesc can't and won't play in the pivot because some guy who watches Barca says so... Not exactly the most compelling argument Especially when he says, “there probably aren’t many out there who have seen as much of Fabregas since he decided to leave England as Arron has”

We all watched Fabregas, we all know Barca never play with a pivot, what we don't know is whether or not he can or will

I think the point is that whilst no-one can deny he's a good footballer, no-one can say for certain if he can play the role we'll ask of him. Maybe we'll adjust it from last season or maybe he'll simply fit right in.

But for me it comes down to the speed with which he does things. He's not lazy like Matt Le Tissier (who was also prodigiously talented, could score goals and pick out a pass) but he's certainly not that physical and he never seems to increase the tempo of a game with snappy passes like Modric. Maybe Jose can mould him and if he gets behind this signing then who am I to question it?

But it worries me.

But for me it comes down to the speed with which he does things. He's not lazy like Matt Le Tissier (who was also prodigiously talented, could score goals and pick out a pass) but he's certainly not that physical and he never seems to increase the tempo of a game with snappy passes like Modric. Maybe Jose can mould him and if he gets behind this signing then who am I to question it?

But it worries me.

Indeed. Fabregas's idea of how football should be played and how he wants to play contradict to the qualities and ideas of Mourinho. It just seem odd. The last time we had a Spanish playmaker, things didn't exactly go all too well either...

Just to add to the point above, between Koke and Fabregas, would rather see us go for the former. They are both playmakers/creators but at least with Koke, we already know that he shouldn't have much problem fitting into the demands of Mourinho and given Simeone's style isn't too dissimilar. With Fabregas, it's almost like we have to remodel a player entirely.

We all watched Fabregas but the point is, how many of those people watch it as often as a Barcelona fan would to know exactly Fabregas's strengths and weaknesses? I do think an even more in-depth thought should have been obtained but yeah. And while Barcelona are famously known for their 4-3-3, they did tweak their formation and setup a little under Tata Martino last season. They didn't necessarily just stick with the same old 4-3-3 in every game.

to be honest with you formation means little to me, its all about tactical deployment. Cesc has never been in a Jose system so to say where and how he will be deployed and whether or not he can be used that way is a ridiculous argument. That site seems to come up with their own way of seeing football and its pretty small minded and rigid.

I don't really want Cesc but if Jose and our directors think he can play a role and help the squad I'm in, I'm actually intrigued to se how he will be used.

I think the point is that whilst no-one can deny he's a good footballer, no-one can say for certain if he can play the role we'll ask of him. Maybe we'll adjust it from last season or maybe he'll simply fit right in.

But it worries me.

Just for argument sake Lamps was never the quickest and in his last few years was serviceable in the pivot. I imagine Cesc won't be any worse than Frank was there and will likely be better should be decide to deploy him in that fashion

to be honest with you formation means little to me, its all about tactical deployment. Cesc has never been in a Jose system so to say where and how he will be deployed and whether or not he can be used that way is a ridiculous argument. That site seems to come up with their own way of seeing football and its pretty small minded and rigid.

It's the same with every player and manager, no? That is why we are all sitting down here and expressing our views on the situation, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the player in question and see if he's compatible with the style of the manager. It's all just opinions, views, debates.

It is so, because all the newspapers posted he has agreed a move. What more is there to happen, he has to grow wings or say publicly that he loves Roman Abramovic's daughter? Ofcourse it is quiet, all that is said is what is know and it is said by reliable journous in Spain. Let's trust them and hope we can bag Fabre in the coming week.

Not buying that at all. Fabregas is prem proven, and a very good player who is readily available and would be much easier to sign. Koke is going to go to Barcelona. If it is Roman who wants Fabregas, I think we will end up with him

wasnt this one of the reasons Jose left in the first place ?

especially by the end of the season if God forbid it doesnt work out we're just going to have a repeat and probably at this rate hire Simeone ....