Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Well, seems this is heading in a direction I didn't expect. I said last night he isn't the box to box midfielder of the likes of Ramires or Paul Pogba but what Cesc would offer would be a quickness of mind and not speed across the floor. He's never been quick, nor has he ever been a grass blade covering machine that is blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes, he's a clever minded footballer that offers a touch of finesse that can deliver or unlock a tight defense with a clinical pass or a deft 1-2 into space.

What we will be getting is a player that knows this league inside out and knows exactly what it takes to succeed here but also a bonus for me is the lack of time it will take him to adapt to his role at Chelsea. The price banded around is around the 30M mark, that's not a lot considering he's 27, has a dearth of talent, and is arguably in his prime years as a footballer. Some might say his tackling is an issue, well I would agree, he isn't the best, but look what he would potentially have next to him.....the best litter picker in the world in Matic. Matic will be the one who undertakes the donkey work in that role, Cesc would potentially just be the dot on the 'i' but with a far more prominent role in the attacking third of the field supporting Willian/Oscar/Hazard/Costa (If purchased)

All of this is hypothetical of course because he has not yet signed, but the news reports are sounding more and more likely that we are trying hard to secure his signature. Me personally I am not a fan of Fabregas the person and how he came across at Arsenal, but then again I was the same with Ashley Cole, hey we are football fans, we put things aside because the love for our club. The big picture here is he ticks the boxes, the right boxes, the boxes we need. I don't think we could ever replace Frank, his goals and his off the field persona for this club but I think a move for Cesc makes a massive amount of sense in that he can contribute offensively and chip in with important goals, he has a lot of pluses over head and negatives I am trying hard to find.

Lets wait and see how this pans out, but personally we could make worse transfers like Paulinho. Our kitty is stacked right now and we have freed up a lot in wages with sales of Luiz, Lampard leaving and possibly Cole too, setting the stall out this summer and getting the right players is key. This is probably the most important window for many years because of the positions we need to strengthen. We all know a striker is paramount, then LB and this position we are speaking of now, it just has to be nailed by the club and I am sure they will get it right.

CAREFREE!!

Right.

Striker, LB and Cm are must.

Well, seems this is heading in a direction I didn't expect. I said last night he isn't the box to box midfielder of the likes of Ramires or Paul Pogba but what Cesc would offer would be a quickness of mind and not speed across the floor. He's never been quick, nor has he ever been a grass blade covering machine that is blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes, he's a clever minded footballer that offers a touch of finesse that can deliver or unlock a tight defense with a clinical pass or a deft 1-2 into space.

What we will be getting is a player that knows this league inside out and knows exactly what it takes to succeed here but also a bonus for me is the lack of time it will take him to adapt to his role at Chelsea. The price banded around is around the 30M mark, that's not a lot considering he's 27, has a dearth of talent, and is arguably in his prime years as a footballer. Some might say his tackling is an issue, well I would agree, he isn't the best, but look what he would potentially have next to him.....the best litter picker in the world in Matic. Matic will be the one who undertakes the donkey work in that role, Cesc would potentially just be the dot on the 'i' but with a far more prominent role in the attacking third of the field supporting Willian/Oscar/Hazard/Costa (If purchased)

All of this is hypothetical of course because he has not yet signed, but the news reports are sounding more and more likely that we are trying hard to secure his signature. Me personally I am not a fan of Fabregas the person and how he came across at Arsenal, but then again I was the same with Ashley Cole, hey we are football fans, we put things aside because the love for our club. The big picture here is he ticks the boxes, the right boxes, the boxes we need. I don't think we could ever replace Frank, his goals and his off the field persona for this club but I think a move for Cesc makes a massive amount of sense in that he can contribute offensively and chip in with important goals, he has a lot of pluses over head and negatives I am trying hard to find.

Lets wait and see how this pans out, but personally we could make worse transfers like Paulinho. Our kitty is stacked right now and we have freed up a lot in wages with sales of Luiz, Lampard leaving and possibly Cole too, setting the stall out this summer and getting the right players is key. This is probably the most important window for many years because of the positions we need to strengthen. We all know a striker is paramount, then LB and this position we are speaking of now, it just has to be nailed by the club and I am sure they will get it right.

CAREFREE!!

Nice post. Were you a poster on CFCnet by any chance?

There's a very interesting Fabregas thread on a Barcelona forum I just found. It seems like an awful lot of them don't rate him and can't wait until he leaves.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10067-4-Cesc-Fabregas

That's the whole thread since he signed for them so you obviously don't need to read the whole thing!

There's a very interesting Fabregas thread on a Barcelona forum I just found. It seems like an awful lot of them don't rate him and can't wait until he leaves.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10067-4-Cesc-Fabregas

That's the whole thread since he signed for them so you obviously don't need to read the whole thing!

He had ONE very good season with Arsenal and I don't think he is as dedicated to football in his life as he needs to be. But that's just a feeling I have while watching him and it doesn't surprise me that Barca fans don't care for him.

Hard to know what he would do back in England. Maybe he will find a better role at Chelsea and impress us all.