Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Barcelona wants €36m for Fabregas. They only want to recoup the money they spent on him.

Chelsea and Fabregas have already reached an agreement.

Darren Dein (Fabregas' agent) proposed his player to all the big clubs in England, but Chelsea was the team most interested in signing him.

Arsene Wenger has no plans to sign Fabregas.

Cesc only wants to sign for a London based team. He told Barcelona he will not leave the club if he won't find a team in London to sign for.

He was expecting Arsenal to be interested in him. He was surprised and at the same time disappointed that Wenger did not want him, so he chose Chelsea instead.

QPR? Go play for 'Arry!

Blaming the strikers is the easy way of Mou passing the blame and not taking any responsibility for his system not working.

You cannot have 9 defensive minded players out there (minus Hazard and the striker) and expect to create many chances, and score many goals.

Costa will help, but a lot of times, he'll still be feeding off scraps and stupid long balls from Ramires that fly into the stands.

It isn't going to kill anyone if we had a more creative team for certain games, and Mourinho can play his defensive football with Ramires and co when necessary.

5 managers can't be all wrong. Carlo, AVB, RDM, FSW, Jose all had trouble with strikers scoring goals.

And Jose put the blame for those performances at the feet of the strikers, and rightly so. Costa looks very much like a Jose signing. Matic looks very much like a Jose signing.

Fabregas looks like a Roman signing.

Fabregas....Rakitic....those aren't Jose players. He likes players with power about them, someone like Pogba or even Koke who has shown that he can be disciplined defensively as well as picking a pass. Jose is the guy who sold Mata and went with Oscar because Oscar edged Mata in terms of defensive discipline.

If this story was about United signing Fabregas then people would be saying he wouldn't fit Van Gaal's style....but he's going to fit Jose's? I have serious doubts.

exactly my sentiments just doesn't seem like a Jose type player.

Exactly the point that Andy Jacobs just made --which I agree with. Only thing that Fabregas has over Oscar is more success in the PL and a better shot on goal. Ironic that Chelsea would buy Fabregas while not yet having given Oscar enough minutes in centre midfield instead of in an advanced position. -Ironic- as it seems to me that Fabregas was not given enough chances to play in a deeper role at Barca.

No no. Cesc is a far better playmaker. Oscar is pretty average when a team that parks the bus and sits deep with two banks of 4 and defend for their lives. I remember Cesc once assisted 4 goals and scored a half volley from outside the box against Blackburn in a game for Arsenal. He has the kind of creativity that we need up the pitch and the kind that Oscar doesn't have

lolz what are you on about? it's not the easy way, it's just the truth... our strikers are pathetic at the moment. In truth it's a miracle we even got so close to the title and the CL final! which other manager could have achieved what jose did with ba, torres and old man eto'o? with the worst strikerforce out of any top team in europe we almost had the best season in the team's history.... this nonsensical mourinho bashing is annoying (not to mention off-topic)

The strikers are pathetic but they aren't the only problem. Costa won't magically make Ramires a better player, won't make Oscar create more chances, won't make Ivanovic deliver better crosses etc etc.

Chelsea could have won the league with a proper striker, but said striker will still have many games where they have close to no supply.

I think it's from 2011. There are articles from Telegraph and Guardian from 2011 with the same title.

Thought so as a twitter search had no one mentioning it, besides the tweeter

My mistake i didnt notice he had written "oops...." before the tweet implying that Fabregas is a litle bullshitter

The strikers are pathetic but they aren't the only problem. Costa won't magically make Ramires a better player, won't make Oscar create more chances, won't make Ivanovic deliver better crosses etc etc.

Chelsea could have won the league with a proper striker, but said striker will still have many games where they have close to no supply.

you have absolutely no way of knowing that, good players make those around them better. We've been so starved for strikers the last few years I don't even think our players know what its like to have one up top.

No no. Cesc is a far better playmaker. Oscar is pretty average when a team that parks the bus and sits deep with two banks of 4 and defend for their lives. I remember Cesc once assisted 4 goals and scored a half volley from outside the box against Blackburn in a game for Arsenal. He has the kind of creativity that we need up the pitch and the kind that Oscar doesn't have

Oscar MIGHT not have everything that Cesc has, but Oscar also arrived into an unbalanced Chelsea squad less than two years ago and Chelsea are still unbalanced and passing too slow as a team. Agree that we need more drive, skill and creation from center midfield though. I think CFC need more than Cesc; someone else who is physically imposing but better in transition and building an attack than what we have.

you have absolutely no way of knowing that, good players make those around them better. We've been so starved for strikers the last few years I don't even think our players know what its like to have one up top.

By your logic shouldn't playing with a top DM like Matic make Ramires better?

If you put Messi in front of Oscar, he will still have the same problems he does against defensive teams.

By your logic shouldn't playing with a top DM like Matic make Ramires better?

If you put Messi in front of Oscar, he will still have the same problems he does against defensive teams.

you have no idea what you're talking about... this is borderline retarded. Its a team game, what if Messi's movement allows for Oscar to make the sort of pass that he normally tries but doesn't have a striker who understands it? It takes two, not one...

People will only realise this when Costa or whoever's numbers decrease.

So, Barcelona going to sell Cesc after they sold Thiago.

Even though Xavi is going to retire soon?

When Cesc came to Barcelona and was linked to them the summer prior, everyone in Catalonia knew THIAGO was a better player for Barcelona.

I highly doubt their going to trust either Santos, rafinha, samper or roberto to play in significant games next season.

People here really seeing the difficulty of how much better fit Cesc is to a direct side then Mata? Mata did not fit Mou system that goes beyond his defensive ability. I can see Cesc turning into a monster under Mou, his long balls and vision are one of the best in the world and it would be incredible to have that kinda player to turn counter. This team has a lot of work rate and Cesc understands team defensive concept very well, i am not worried about that side.

Cesc does not fit Barca system, that is no shame because a lot of great players have had difficult time adjusting to theirs.

it's an honor to have you on this forum Mr. Eastwood

I've seen your old western movies alot of times, and i love them

you have no idea what you're talking about... this is borderline retarded. Its a team game, what if Messi's movement allows for Oscar to make the sort of pass that he normally tries but doesn't have a striker who understands it? It takes two, not one...

Lol what if indeed. Just like you would have thought Matic dominating everywhere will ease some of the burden on Ramires and make him play better.

But nothing is ever so simple, Oscar clearly has some problems when so many defenders are standing at the edge of their area. Eto'o and Schurrle are no Messi, but they have good movement and combined well with Hazard, but not Oscar.