Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

So, Barcelona going to sell Cesc after they sold Thiago.

Even though Xavi is going to retire soon?

When Cesc came to Barcelona and was linked to them the summer prior, everyone in Catalonia knew THIAGO was a better player for Barcelona.

I highly doubt their going to trust either Santos, rafinha, samper or roberto to play in significant games next season.

Ya, and the idea is to buy Koke... what's the problem?

So, Barcelona going to sell Cesc after they sold Thiago.

Even though Xavi is going to retire soon?

When Cesc came to Barcelona and was linked to them the summer prior, everyone in Catalonia knew THIAGO was a better player for Barcelona.

I highly doubt their going to trust either Santos, rafinha, samper or roberto to play in significant games next season.

I think they want to get rid of him because they know he doesn't fit within the philosophy of Barcelona. He is a great player but like Mata and Luiz doesn't fit within the team's ideology. Plus they can get a big boost to their transfer kitty and wage bracket by off loading him.

Ya, and the idea is to buy Koke... what's the problem?

Problem is, they don't have Koke now and he isn't guaranteed to go to Barcelona.

With Costa being sold, TC going back to Chelsea and Luiz potentially coming, no way are they going to sell half the team in 1 season.

Lol what if indeed. Just like you would have thought Matic dominating everywhere will ease some of the burden on Ramires and make him play better.

But nothing is ever so simple, Oscar clearly has some problems when so many defenders are standing at the edge of their area. Eto'o and Schurrle are no Messi, but they have good movement and combined well with Hazard, but not Oscar.

Maybe Matic isn't as good as you think he is? Maybe Ramires isn't as bad as you think too?

And to the rest of what you're rambling on about its a team game, Oscar has his issues but so too do many players. Its a team game and if you really don't understand that I don't know what to tell you. 100% having better players around you will make you a better player I thought that was elementary stuff for people that watch the game?

Problem is, they don't have Koke now and he isn't guaranteed to go to Barcelona.

With Costa being sold, TC going back to Chelsea and Luiz potentially coming, no way are they going to sell half the team in 1 season.

Perhaps they know something you don't?

I think they want to get rid of him because they know he doesn't fit within the philosophy of Barcelona. He is a great player but like Mata and Luiz doesn't fit within the team's ideology. Plus they can get a big boost to their transfer kitty and wage bracket by off loading him.

Its True.

However, Barcelona's midfield wasn't great this year, which includes Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta. Sell Cesc, xavi retires, than your left with iniesta and busquets and la masia b players. Even if Koke comes, their still going to need another CM on their team.

People said the same thing last summer with Cesc and he didn't move to United, even though United is an ideal setup for Cesc and his talent.

And Jose put the blame for those performances at the feet of the strikers, and rightly so. Costa looks very much like a Jose signing. Matic looks very much like a Jose signing.

Fabregas looks like a Roman signing.

Fabregas....Rakitic....those aren't Jose players. He likes players with power about them, someone like Pogba or even Koke who has shown that he can be disciplined defensively as well as picking a pass. Jose is the guy who sold Mata and went with Oscar because Oscar edged Mata in terms of defensive discipline.

If this story was about United signing Fabregas then people would be saying he wouldn't fit Van Gaal's style....but he's going to fit Jose's? I have serious doubts.

Roman signing? Far from it.

If it happens it was a mourinho signing, period!

Roman would have kept DL and Mata, but he has given the power to mourinho to build to his liking.

So seriously there's no need to bash Roman this time.

And not a mourinho player? I guess Ozil never was then......

you know how much I don't rate Ramires technically when I'm willing to accept Fiberglass as his replacement...

There are three players I just hate in the football world: Dani Alves, Sergio Busquets and Cesc Fabregas... but I'm willing to swallow my pride and self-respect and support this SOB if it means Ramires hits the bench.

I like Ramires as a guy, but as a footballer, I'm fed up with his limitations and how he messes up our attacks and his own tackles 3 seconds after regaining possession.

Bring Cunt Fiberglass if that's what it takes to get rid of Ramires in the starting XI

Jesus.

hahaha

I'm dead serious.

I'll take whoever replaces Ramires as long as they're technically superior and as much as I hate Cesc in general and think most of you overrate him technically, he's miles ahead of Ramires...

Oh, I know you are. I believe you.

The strikers are pathetic but they aren't the only problem. Costa won't magically make Ramires a better player, won't make Oscar create more chances, won't make Ivanovic deliver better crosses etc etc.

Chelsea could have won the league with a proper striker, but said striker will still have many games where they have close to no supply.

Against West Ham we created 39 chances. The problem was the lack of a clinical striker to actually finish them.

And how on Earth is it easier to blame the strikers rather than the midfield??

People here really seeing the difficulty of how much better fit Cesc is to a direct side then Mata? Mata did not fit Mou system that goes beyond his defensive ability. I can see Cesc turning into a monster under Mou, his long balls and vision are one of the best in the world and it would be incredible to have that kinda player to turn counter. This team has a lot of work rate and Cesc understands team defensive concept very well, i am not worried about that side.

Cesc does not fit Barca system, that is no shame because a lot of great players have had difficult time adjusting to theirs.

I really do hope you're right but I've never been truly convinced by him. Maybe Jose thinks he can utilise him the way he used Alonso alongside Khedira, but I honestly think Alonso is a far more complete player especially defensively. He's got a lot more bite and zip to his game. Granted Fabregas was being used by Wenger as a de facto number 10 in his last couple of seasons, so I hope he shows he can do that.

But this will be a system unlike Arsenal, Barcelona or Spain's so there's no guarantees he'll thrive. Fingers crossed.

Of course Barca fans dont like him that much..he isnt playing at his best for them (even though he had some great months for them). All in all, he isnt fitting in their system. He is much more fitting in the EPL though. I think getting him back to Barca was more of a marketing-thing, getting the lost son back then a well thought tactical move for a player they need. It was deemed to fail, because he is no Iniesta nor Xavi, he is something in-between those 2. Futhermore, he is someone who likes to dribble WITH the ball, while Barca prefers to play a lot of passes and move the ball without a lot of touches- something Neymar also had his problems with. I think he could fit in well here and we would finally get a goal-threat from midfield. Additionally to that, he knows the league+ town and I think he could adapt fast. I would prefer Koke or Pogba, but both seem to be not able to get, so Cesc is much better than sorts ilke Paulinho

haha have loved the Game of Thrones GIFS and a few others as well, had some stupid laughs sitting alone hoping no one around thinks im a psycho.....

Anyways, while everyone having different views on this forum is a positive, it is quite amusing when everytime we are linked with a player, the negatives for some take such a different level, its just nuts.

People should just think of the bottomlines when it comes to speculation.... will this person improve us as a team?

If yes, then think of the personal feelings. But you have to level out your subjective feelings with objectivity.

Objectivity always wins. Ashley Cole has been amazing for us the last few years. He was Arsenal too.

Not relevant : Almost every other Bayern signing is a Dortmund player.