Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-cesc-fabregas-looks-heavy-and-unrecognisable-says-exarsenal-star-emmanuel-petit-a3095591.html

Petit said fabregas looks heavy unrecognisable petit is a hypocrite he was unrecognisable and a tube when he played for chelsea

I wonder what he means by heavy. He definitely isn't out of shape. That's not the problem. But maybe he means slow, especially in his footwork. That I would agree with. He aged quickly. He looks like an old man on the pitch.

I wonder what he means by heavy. He definitely isn't out of shape. That's not the problem. But maybe he means slow, especially in his footwork. That I would agree with. He aged quickly. He looks like an old man on the pitch.

maybe hes burnt out did fabregas not started his career at a young age??

maybe hes burnt out did fabregas not started his career at a young age??

Yeah, that does happen. But then again, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lahm and many others started off young as well. I guess it depends on the player.

Yeah, that does happen. But then again, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lahm and many others started off young as well. I guess it depends on the player.

Cesc Fàbregas was 16 years, 177 days when he started his 1st team debut for arsenal

Cesc Fàbregas was 16 years, 177 days when he started his 1st team debut for arsenal

True but he wasn't a starter until he was 18/19 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And others played very, very early as well. I doubt everyone that started off early dropped off significantly (physically) at the age of 28. Some players played 15 to 20 years of first team football.

EDIT: I had to check. Wiki is admittedly a weak source but still. According to them, he's played 514 games at club level and 139 games for Spain at senior and youth level. I have to say, that's a lot.

EDIT: I had to check. Wiki is admittedly a weak source but still. According to them, he's played 514 games at club level and 139 games for Spain at senior and youth level. I have to say, that's a lot.

that's a lot of football for a 28 year old

Maybe I'll get burned for this but again, Cesc wasn't bad imo. In fact, he was even better. The best attacking player in possession in the first half. Willian really came alive in the second half. He moved into good positions and most of what he did was positive and came off. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

But I understood the sub. He lacks speed and mobility and that was needed after trailing and playing with 10 men.

Maybe I'll get burned for this but again, Cesc wasn't bad imo. In fact, he was even better. The best attacking player in possession in the first half. Willian really came alive in the second half. He moved into good positions and most of what he did was positive and came off. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

But I understood the sub. He lacks speed and mobility and that was needed after trailing and playing with 10 men.

Think the fact that he got a yellow card before HT may have something to do with that. Last thing we needed was going down to 9 men (not that it mattered anyway in the end).

No, I thought he was good too - but obviously taken off to shore up the midfield.

Think the fact that he got a yellow card before HT may have something to do with that. Last thing we needed was going down to 9 men (not that it mattered anyway in the end).

yes i agree, if Ramires was on a yellow and Cesc wasnt then no doubt Ramires would have come off for Mikel

If he actualy gave a fuck, that would be nice.

IMO he is the perfect description of plastic player, and I dont want that in our team. Right now Hazard, Matic and bunch of others dont give shit either, but Cesc oozes the class of player who is here for trophies and wont push his body to save the club. Fuck that.

We had players who actualy gave fuck like Lamps, Drogba, Essien, Ballack, fighting for the team. Team we have right now, is disgrace. Sadly but it. From defense to attack, to management, maybe 10% cares.