Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

What is this man doing?

That moment when he failed to pass to Willian who was right next to him. Gets the free-kick, then proceeds to pass to Costa who's back was to him.

Or in the 84th min. When he got the ball on the edge of the box and expected to have 5 min to process his next pass only to have it taken away with ease.

Thats's on top of all the failed passes he made, and his shit performances week in, week out.

And he's still, STILL showing absolutely no signs of waking up. None.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

What is this man doing?

That moment when he failed to pass to Willian who was right next to him. Gets the free-kick, then proceeds to pass to Costa who's back was to him.

Or in the 84th min. When he got the ball on the edge of the box and expected to have 5 min to process his next pass only to have it taken away with ease.

Thats's on top of all the failed passes he made, and his shit performances week in, week out.

And he's still, STILL showing absolutely no signs of waking up. None.

Has jose criticized him for his shit performances all season?

Didn't think he was that bad overall but maybe I'm crazy and I could accept that.

He's just the antithesis of power and athleticism.

I thought he was awful bruh.

He's not even 'flat-track-bullying' right. And that's when I loose it with him.

Games like today are when he's setting PL records for most touches in a match, and setting Costa through on goal time and time again.

Not once this season.

I thought he was awful bruh.

He's not even 'flat-track-bullying' right. And that's when I loose it with him.

Games like today are when he's setting PL records for most touches in a match, and setting Costa through on goal time and time again.

Not once this season.

That was never going to happen though. Not in the way this team is playing. Under the current circumstances, I didn't think he was terrible at all. I actually thought he was decent overall. And I have to emphasise the word decent. I thought he was so much worse earlier on in the season.

But again, I'll accept my madness if I'm the only one.

That was never going to happen though. Not in the way this team is playing. Under the current circumstances, I didn't think he was terrible at all. I actually thought he was decent overall. And I have to emphasise the word decent. I thought he was so much worse earlier on in the season.

But again, I'll accept my madness if I'm the only one.

you're not. I'm with you. So either we have a point or we can be mad together :P

I think the passing was there, he tried some things, had some very good and key passes peppered in the 90 minutes, but it was either wasted (like that one to Pedro in the first that his first touch betrayed him and it was wasted) or the assist to Costa. He can still do much better than this, but I thought he was decent and as you said in the previous post, he's just the antithesis of athleticism and power, he's more about touch and intelligence and maybe I'm too naïve or just as outdated as Mourinho, but I believe modern football still has space for the likes of him if the whole system isn't compromised just to accommodate him - which I think it isn't. Thing is, for him to work on his best, everything around him has to be an oiled machine working to perfection. He doesn't change a team, he doesn't turn things around on himself. He can control the tempo, if others play their part perfectly, he can change and decide a match, if attacking players are moving well and taking well their chances, he won't compromise the midfield, if others help him to keep the midfield compact. He can't do any of those things all by himself.

you're not. I'm with you. So either we have a point or we can be mad together :P

I think the passing was there, he tried some things, had some very good and key passes peppered in the 90 minutes, but it was either wasted (like that one to Pedro in the first that his first touch betrayed him and it was wasted) or the assist to Costa. He can still do much better than this, but I thought he was decent and as you said in the previous post, he's just the antithesis of athleticism and power, he's more about touch and intelligence and maybe I'm too naïve or just as outdated as Mourinho, but I believe modern football still has space for the likes of him if the whole system isn't compromised just to accommodate him - which I think it isn't. Thing is, for him to work on his best, everything around him has to be an oiled machine working to perfection. He doesn't change a team, he doesn't turn things around on himself. He can control the tempo, if others play their part perfectly, he can change and decide a match, if attacking players are moving well and taking well their chances, he won't compromise the midfield, if others help him to keep the midfield compact. He can't do any of those things all by himself.

I think Cesc ultimately needs too much support to thrive for today's game tbh. He's just so slow, sluggish and weak. Even Xavi was comfortably ahead of him in these areas in his prime and he wasn't much of an athlete either. Cesc's ability to shield the ball and dribble away from pressure is laughably bad (Xavi was a master in this). Xabi Alonso had the same issues as Cesc but adapted his game a great deal, practically becoming a defensive midfielder. He compensated his weaknesses on the ball with his defensive work. Cesc doesn't seem to be capable of doing so. Pirlo was just so intelligent that he managed, he's a rarity. But the most important reason why remained great is his set-piece ability imo. He could always decide a game with his delivery or a direct attempt.

I look at Modric and see my ideal playmaker CM. He has the skill, vision and great tactical versatility combined with power and athleticism. He's represents the current shift and the template for the future. Verratti is the example of what is coming, same with Thiago Alcantara.

Even though I don't think Cesc will thrive again, he still has a future imo. His ability to create chances and assist saves him. But never in a two man midfield. That first half of 14/15 was a moment, a football honeymoon and it's gone forever. Ideally, Chelsea buy a CM (at least one) in the summer to play alongside two out of Cesc/Matic/RLC (Oscar or new player?).

Like a member here said before, the weight of his role needs to be reduced. One of the 11 rather than star man. He needs help in midfield. With Spain, he shares duties with Iniesta, Silva, Busquets when he plays and he blends in well. I think Thiago will permanently push him out of the starting line-up though.

the worst chelsea player on the pitch AGAIN. or wait, technically not again cos iva beats him to it. now since there was no iva, cesc happily took what has always been his.

another game full of missed passes, useless in defence etc etc, as his is his norm. eden has been benched as he does not do the "job" and yet this moron keeps on playing.

as for posters saying that we need to change our system for him, i am sorry, BUT NO. the only player for whom we should be changing the way we play is hazard, not cesc. cesc is a CM, a CM who cant defend if his life depended on it. sorry, but no CM should be needing the support of other players to do his dirty work. as barbara mentioned, he cant change games on himself, then why would i want a defensive liability right in the middle of the pitch where the games are won or lost? he is not mata, he is not ozil, he is no where near the hazard we know. those are the players who can turn the match on its head. those are the kind of players who despite being liabilities, can still be the difference in a good way to the team they are playing for. the way villa were dominating us, was shameful and embarassing. honestly, i dont even get why people say cesc controls the "tempo". no he does not. there is a reason why someone as bad defensively as him is a CM and not a CAM. he cant hold the ball, he cant shield the ball, his decision making is slow, he is ponderous on the ball and more often than not, he loses possession when pressed. the only time he can "control the tempo" is when the team is a man or 2 down (arsenal). even the slightest inclination on pressure (newcastle, palace, soton) and he is SHITE. total and utter SHITE.

I actually thought Fabregas was okay yesterday tbh but that was probably more down to the fact that Villa were so bad rhan anything else. His pressing vulnerability will always be his achilles heel.

I saw Ramires run up to take a shot in the game and Fabregas took the ball at the last second and then lost it - sums him up tbh...

I ripped the shit out of him for his first-half performance on Twitter, but the positional shift meant that in the second half, he was far better. Let's not jump to any conclusions, however; I'm fairly certain my local pub team could at least draw against Villa at the minute.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-cesc-fabregas-looks-heavy-and-unrecognisable-says-exarsenal-star-emmanuel-petit-a3095591.html

Petit said fabregas looks heavy unrecognisable petit is a hypocrite he was unrecognisable and a tube when he played for chelsea