The Board

23 hours ago, Barbara said:

And big companies have their executives aligned with their philosophy... So the change from him to her may coincide with the change of philosophy. Saying the problem is who negotiates the deals doesn't make a lot of sense... A club sets a price tag to a player we are interested, it's not entirely up to Marina to reach the value.
Only here I ever seen someone criticising who discuss contracts as opposed to who decides the targets and the plans B, C, D...

You are heading into the right direction, Barbara. Yet, it is not a « change of philosophy » per se — that is unless if you consider a « loss » as being a « change. » We seem, indeed, to have lost any kind of philosophy, good or bad. I will try to post about it in length when I have the time, but here I will give you a few trails.

1) « The supply make the demand. » For some reasons, it has been our credo since a few years. We are not going after players we would like — and the scarce times we do, we fail —, but we are solely going after players that are available. This is why in the last five years we have signed up score of average players — Rudiger, Cuadrado, Baba Raham, Falcao, Pato, Kennedy, Miazga, Nathan, Zouma, Rémy, Micjael Hector, Djiloboji, etc... And this is also why, as I have already explained, that all of the few good players that we have were actually "easy" buys. We first look at who is available and then we buy accordingly

2) Why is it that so ? Let's use this metaphor. Roman Abramovich is a wealthy merchant that has bought a fanciful sailing-boat with a good crew so it can sails the seas and bring back the goods. He has done everything write : a good boat, good sails, good sailors, etc... But he forget one and only one thing — that is, to hire a captain. There is no one in control of this club's tiller ; no one who has a plan, good or bad, or at least an idea of what he is doing. Emenalo is solely the head scout — tell him to go and scout a precise profile of players, he will probably do that (more or less successfully) : Marina is in charge of the negotiations — tell her that her only imparative is to sign this player no matter what, she will probably do it. You cannot expect horses to tow and to lead the cart all on their own, they need a driver.

... Go figure why we cannot buy great players ! It is because we are not attractive anymore !! And the reason behind that is that we have no project and no one to hold a project. Why do you believe that Alex Sandro (but also Pogba, etc......) is not that keen on signing for us ? Because we have nothing to tell him and there is no one to go and explain him that we are following him since a long time, that we have always admired his abilities, that we always wanted him to have a great partnership with Hazard and that he will be part of a fabulous project and play with M'Bappé, Veratti, etc... Quite the contrary, all we have to say to him is that we will not go above a certain — and relatively low — sum of money ; that he will have to push his club to be sold ; and that he wil experience an incredible journey amidst Moses, Cahill, Matic, etc... Of course he hesitates to leave Juventus for Chelsea.

We have no one that has a clue of what is going on and thus we have no project and vice-versa. This situation is greatly repulsive for great players, so we have to look after those available which we leads us inevitably to get average players. By the way, we too, we have no clue of what is going on in the board. It speaks for itselfs and to be frank, board members are probably asking the same question than us : « who is doing what ? »

P.S. This is also the reason for which we are reluctant to spend huge amount of money on a single player. We have no vision for the future and thus, very logically, we are not ready to spend big on a player whom we do not know were he would fit in in two or three years.

That league title 2016/17 seems like a eternity ago -cup defeat-Hazard injury-Costa saga-this transfer window- where is the uppers...:sweating: Another season when the champions need to kick on!

12 hours ago, Georgy said:

Because she is in very good terms with Abramovic.

Yes that's how every business and government runs in Russia. No matter if you are shit but if you have friends you are safe.

12 hours ago, Georgy said:

Because she is in very good terms with Abramovic.

I'm seriously starting to doubt his 'work' relationship with Marina.😂 

Her job is more safe than his. lol

On 7/7/2017 at 8:40 AM, mccg said:

Abramovich may simply put his hand in his pocket to fund the project – but the £500m+ cost is a big expense even for a man of his means.It is thought more likely he will seek outside funding, and rich benefactors.Clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.Selling Ake(homegrown) and bringing in 30+mill Rudiger looks like a belt around the neck especially down the line.

I agree and not saying the bubble is bursting TV wise but Sky are dropping their prices for sports packages. Now TV is about seven quid for a one off payment to watch a match compared to 48 quid a month for Sky Sports. It's a total rip off unless you're into Fishing and Rugby League. 

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I agree and not saying the bubble is bursting TV wise but Sky are dropping their prices for sports packages. Now TV is about seven quid for a one off payment to watch a match compared to 48 quid a month for Sky Sports. It's a total rip off unless you're into Fishing and Rugby League. 

Ohh yeah agree amigo , the future is coming when not only will we be able to subscribe just to footie at a reduced price(sly doing it now!) but  we will be  able to just watch CFC at a nice price for da season ticket home and away:beer:...how much would you pay? i will chuck in a looky looky bracelet if u buy.lol

On 7/6/2017 at 6:54 AM, akgw13 said:

We were told a Nike sponsorship would start on July 1st.

we were never told Lukaku to Chelsea was done, nor is it officially done to United.

the board continues to work on targets we know nothing about.

i thought you promised to give me until July 19th! I wanted 13 days not 13 hours my friend.

I'm still going to wait till July 19th but seems other people are already ahead of me. :D