The Board

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

He can shift to a different formation if he wants to really but he's just obsessed with his 4-2-3-1. And let's not forget we're talking about a manager who didn't drop players when they played poorly last season.

IMO because there are 4 players in that team that can give some kind of control with the ball.

Ibrahimovic - he is a striker so not much help

Carrick - old

Mhky - played poorly 

Mata 

So  he need to play mata

• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Bring on the changes.

55 minutes ago, Leif said:

It would be gamechanging. He's been in chains and craving a team with the amount of pull & finance we do.

What does he offer? I don't really know much about this guy. Does he has the eye for talent or something?

Yes, please. Replace the donkeys  

Wiki bio

Director of football at Lazio[edit]

In 2004, Sabatini left Perugia to become director of football of Lazio. He worked for four years at Lazio, and was instrumental in signing players such as Aleksandar Kolarov, Valon Behrami, Fernando Muslera, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Modibo Diakité, Ștefan Radu, Libor Kozákand Luis Pedro Cavanda.

Director of football at Palermo[edit]

In 2008, after his contract with Lazio expired, Sabatini went on to fill the same position at Palermo, penning a two-year contract with therosanero club. He agreed a one-year extension to his contract on May 2010.[1]

His most notable signings included Afriyie Acquah (who was signed as a totally unknown player at the age of 17), Abel Hernández, Josip Iličić (who was discovered during a UEFA Europa League qualifying game against Slovenian side Maribor), Michel Morganella, Javier Pastore, Matteo Darmian and Ezequiel Muñoz.

On 2 November 2010, Palermo confirmed Sabatini had resigned from his role as director of football of Palermo due to "strictly personal reasons."[2]

Director of football at Roma[edit]

In the summer of 2011, Sabatini was hired by James Pallotta to replace Daniele Prade as Roma's sporting director. Over the course of three years, he rebuilt Roma and orchestrated the near-complete removal of all of the side's below-average players that carried high wages, previously brought in from the Franco Sensi era. He has also succeeding in signing Érik Lamela and Marquinhos, as well as their sales to Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain respectively for a significant profit in 2013. He then utilized the funds to purchase players Kevin Strootman, Gervinho, Morgan De Sanctis, Radja Nainggolan and Mehdi Benatia. One year later, all five signings played solid seasons for the club, though Benatia was later sold to Bayern Munich for €26 million, double the amount he was initially purchased for from Udinese.

With the funds, Sabatini managed to purchase three additional centerbacks in the summer of 2014, and was able to snatch Juventus's main target in the transfer window, Juan Iturbe, from Verona. For his efforts the season prior, Sabatini was awarded the best director of football award for the 2013–14 Serie A season. He was hitherto normally known for signing short term deals, but for the first time he agreed upon a three-year extension with Roma in 2014.

I think it would be a spectacular hire, his track record of smart buys is good. We pretty much have been linked with every player from Roma so clearly Conte and Him are on the same page. Would be a huge thing for Roman to give Conte who he asked for in the summer, especially before the january window. Fingers crossed.

I'm probably missing some players but, the gems or prospects we've bought with Emenalo in charge, haven't exactly been incredible finds. He helped bring over some borderline incredible players maybe, but all the other teams knew about them, and it was mainly Piet who lead that charge of ours. Lukaku & De Bruyne were 2 of the 5 hottest prospects in Belgium. Musonda follows them to become the 3rd. Every single top scout should and would have known about at least the first 2.

Hazard was beyond being gushed about in world football, considered by far the best player in France, before we bought him.

I liked Romeu, but I believe AVB found him. Mata was known all over Spain before we got him. Oscar hasn't exactly done for us what Pastore (found by Sabatini of course) did in Serie A, not even close. Then we've got Marko Marin, whoever's smart idea that was.

I liked Salah, that was a genuinely good find, I'm not sure who pulled the trigger on him. I now wonder whose idea it was to get Cuadrado lol. 

So, whom exactly has Emenalo found for us, who's then turned out great? 

Sabatini essentially assured Lazio would be a top dog again, he rebuilt their team beautifully. He then found Palermo's best players from the past 15 years, players whom none of us had heard of at all before joining Palermo, I'm sure of it. Then he moved to Roma and he did the best he could. But keep in mind, they have owners far worse than anyone in our own league. Absolute tits. They certainly wanted big names from Sabatini, they want to still increase their brand awareness and solidify themselves as one of the USA's most followed teams in Europe. The fact it wasn't so much about the talent anymore, i'm sure, has helped push Saba out the door.

• 3 weeks later...