The Board

On 16/02/2024 at 15:39, Mário César said:

sterling is a fraud

not a bad player but city clearly sold him in the right time 

A fraud? he's Man City's second highest Premier League goalscorer!!!!!!!

On 27/02/2024 at 12:46, milka said:

In other words screw the club in every department  , build stadium double that investition and sell for profit .

As part of the conditions of the purchase, Clearlake are not allowed to sell Chelsea for age least 10 years.

A stadium is not built in a year or two, in 18 months they have lowered the standards of the club with mediocre players and a manager for whom mid table is our reality  manipulating the fans with PR for a bright future and time on this  already failed product . We are stagnant on the 10th place in second season and people still believe in these clowns .

Edited by milka

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Complied with UEFA/PL regulations. That's all we need to know. 

well 

tbh, im thinking about our lost in carling cup final and, tbh, its better not get conference league than play it, because if we get the 7th place will be more difficult to get into financial fair play

if we win the fa cup, we get into europa league, right?

Chelsea report £90m loss in 2022-23 accounts – what does it mean for PSR?

https://theathletic.com/5322989/2024/03/07/Chelsea-accounts-loss-ffp/

GettyImages-2037931571-1024x683.jpg

Chelsea have reported a pre-tax loss of £90.1million ($114.8m) in their accounts for the 12-month period ending on June 30, 2023.

The loss, down from £121.4m in the previous financial year, raises fresh questions about Chelsea’s ability to remain compliant with the Premier League and UEFA’s financial regulations, though the club insist they will do so.

Chelsea’s overall turnover for the year actually rose to a club-record high of £512.5m, buoyed by commercial revenue increasing to £210.1m and matchday income rising to £76.5m with the club once again being allowed to operate freely after the sanctions imposed by the UK government to force Roman Abramovich to sell in 2022.

Broadcast revenue, however, fell to £225.9m from £235m in 2021-22 despite Chelsea reaching the Champions League quarter-finals last season, due primarily to a significantly lower payment from the club’s 12th-placed finish in the Premier League.

What was announced on Thursday?

BlueCo 22 Limited, the parent company set up by the ownership group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital after their takeover of Chelsea in May 2022, reported a massive pre-tax loss of £678.2m for the year ending June 30, 2023 “driven by investment in Chelsea men’s and women’s playing squads”.

The number that has more direct implications for Chelsea is £90.1m: that is the pre-tax loss on the club’s accounts for 2022-23, announced on the club’s official channels.

What does this all mean?

Chelsea have now made huge pre-tax losses in each of the last three years: £156m in 2020-21, £121m in 2021-22 and £90.1m in 2022-23.

Those figures suggest things are moving in the right direction, but the structural challenges that confronted the club’s old ownership — a relatively small, aging stadium that heavily restricts matchday income and commercial revenue that remains significantly lower than Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham — are going nowhere.

This means Chelsea are still heavily reliant on profit from player sales to offset their operating losses and create the wiggle room for transfer spending within football’s financial rules. The club generated profits on disposal of player registrations and fixed assets of £142.2m for the year ending June 30, 2023.

Sterling-Chelsea-owners-2048x1365.jpg

Do these numbers put Chelsea at risk of breaching PSR?

Chelsea reiterated their insistence that they are compliant with the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules, which allow clubs to lose up to £105m over a three-year monitoring period. At first glance, the figures above would seem to make that claim impossible.

In reality, clubs can make deductions for healthy expenditure such as on their women’s team and academy. There are also allowances for the impact of the COVID pandemic that apply to the 2020-21 accounts, and Chelsea may also argue for further adjustments for revenue lost when operating under UK government sanctions in 2021-22.

Respected football finance analyst Swiss Ramble estimates that once the necessary deductions and adjustments are made, Chelsea are compliant with PSR for 2022-23.

When asked about the club’s financial position, Mauricio Pochettino said: “I was told today the club announced (the financial results) but didn’t see, it was only one minute before (the press conference) that I was told about this.

“At the moment I have still not talked to the owners or the sporting directors (about this). I cannot give my opinion, I know nothing because we were busy with training the whole morning.

“For sure today or tomorrow I will have better information and then I can explain in the next press conference what my opinion is and how I see things.”

What are the implications for next year’s figures?

Next year looks much more challenging for Chelsea with broadcast, matchday and commercial revenue all expected to fall substantially in the absence of European football this season.

Boehly and Clearlake believe their overhaul of the first-team squad has lowered the overall wage bill by tens of millions of pounds, but next year’s accounts will also include more than £400m in transfer fees committed to acquire 11 players including Moises Caicedo, Romeo Lavia, Cole Palmer and Axel Disasi.

Significant money has also been raised through player departures, most notably the sale of Mason Mount to Manchester United for an initial £50m. But despite the denials of club officials, many outside Chelsea believe the club need to raise more money before June 30 in order to stay on the right side of PSR.

Clownlake company man Chief Executive Jurasek has made quite the impression since joining last May, and is not afraid to call it as he sees it. 

Indeed, in a recent staff meeting with new starters he was asked if he supported Chelsea. To paraphrase, and to open mouths, he responded that he was ‘not  a football fan’ before adding that he refers to the game at Premier League meeting as ‘a product and our fans as customers – which some people get mad at’.

🍆

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Clownlake company man Chief Executive Jurasek has made quite the impression since joining last May, and is not afraid to call it as he sees it. 

Indeed, in a recent staff meeting with new starters he was asked if he supported Chelsea. To paraphrase, and to open mouths, he responded that he was ‘not  a football fan’ before adding that he refers to the game at Premier League meeting as ‘a product and our fans as customers – which some people get mad at’.

🍆

I read this and it truly solidified that Chelsea is truly fucked. We are only a vehicle to buy young players and sell them for profit. It is the woeful MLS, but at least I have hope that Atlanta United are capable of winning that league. Chelsea is being run into the ground by people that don’t give a fuck about the club.

44 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I read this and it truly solidified that Chelsea is truly fucked. We are only a vehicle to buy young players and sell them for profit. It is the woeful MLS, but at least I have hope that Atlanta United are capable of winning that league. Chelsea is being run into the ground by people that don’t give a fuck about the club.

Its a sad state of affairs, I suppose we can take a small crumb of comfort in that all the PL clubs, in fact most of football is run as a business for profit. Its just its hitting us hardest post Abramovich. (Joni Mitchell 'you dont know what you had till it gone'' springs to mind.) Guess we can count ourselves lucky that we had an owner who was 100% football and Chelsea fan, the money was secondary and thats how we accrued a shed load of trophies and titles.

We can hope that the current custodians realise that they need football people on board for their 'business' to flourish. Even Gates and Zuckerberg realise they need an army of well paid computer nerds to make money.

Chelsea could be set for a summer of dealings with Saudi Arabia after it emerged the club's chairman Todd Boehly met with Michael Emenalo during a recent visit to the capital of the Middle Eastern country.

Emenalo is the Saudi Pro League’s director of football, having previously held a position in the Chelsea boardroom. 

The meeting, which was understood to have been held in Riyadh in the last fortnight, will only add to speculation that the club are looking to offload players to Saudi.

Riyadh Air have also been linked with becoming the club’s new shirt sponsor for next season.

Chelsea will look to offload several stars this summer, including Romelu Lukaku, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Armando Broja, Trevoh Chalobah, Marc Cucurella and Raheem Sterling. 

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea could be set for a summer of dealings with Saudi Arabia after it emerged the club's chairman Todd Boehly met with Michael Emenalo during a recent visit to the capital of the Middle Eastern country.

Emenalo is the Saudi Pro League’s director of football, having previously held a position in the Chelsea boardroom. 

The meeting, which was understood to have been held in Riyadh in the last fortnight, will only add to speculation that the club are looking to offload players to Saudi.

Riyadh Air have also been linked with becoming the club’s new shirt sponsor for next season.

Chelsea will look to offload several stars this summer, including Romelu Lukaku, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Armando Broja, Trevoh Chalobah, Marc Cucurella and Raheem Sterling. 

get rid of

Robert Sánchez 
Marcus Bettinelli 
Axel Disasi 
Benoît Badiashile 
Wesley Fofana 
Trevoh Chalobah  
Malang Sarr   
Marc Cucurella  
Raheem Sterling  
Romelu Lukaku  
Armando Broja  
Kepa Arrizabalaga 
Hakim Ziyech  

Thiago is likely gone as well

we so need a CF, multiple CBs and better wingers, plus, if Dortmund buy Maatsen, a LB

our CBs are a nightmare on balance