John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Hummels has poor level of concentration, makes tons of mistakes, doesn't show much leadership qualities etc but for some reason, he's billed as a top class defender.

They have a lot of similarities, honestly.

Don't understand how someone who absolutely detested Luiz would even want Hummels or is even calling him world class.

No,Hummels wasn´t the best CB in Germany.Subotic was the best and Hummels always looked good because of Subotic who was in his prime.Sadly,Subotic had a serious injury and after that,he wasn´t the same.

After the injury of Subotic,the decline of Hummels started because there was no player near the level of Subotic,so Hummels started to look very bad.

I wouldn´t buy Hummels for more that 15 million euros because he is a big risk when it comes to defending.Yes,he has a good technique,he can score goals,but he is not a world class defender.He reminds me so much of Luiz,maybe he does not do that many mistakes,but the mistakes are there and in the PL,he will increase his mistakes because of the many good teams we have here.

Seeing as you guys seem determined to bring this discussion onto Hummels and seem to be making odd statements I think i'll reply:

Hummels was (and probably still is) the best CB in Germany. My brother is a die hard BVB fan so we often watch Bundesliga games together so i've seen as much of Hummels as I have most Chelsea players.

To in any way compare him to Luiz in terms of errors is outrageous. He has the odd mistake in him (maybe 2/3 a season) but every single player in the world has that. Even Messi misses sitters every now and then. Look for instance at JT! He makes mistakes but the true mark of a top class CB is how you bounce back from those mistakes and how consistent you are at not making them in the first place. Luiz made at least 2 mistakes a game. Hummels is nothing like that and actually makes surprisingly few mistakes for a CB asked to play in such an attacking team where he has to be more confident on the ball than most other defenders in the world.

He's one of the best CBs in the world and if you guys can't see that then I seriously suggest you watch him more, because you'll come to understand just how good he is. Especially 2/3 seasons ago. He was an absolute rock in Dortmund's back 5 and my brother has openly stated that Hummels is BVB's most important player. Even if Reus now leaves same as Lew and Gotze, they're all replaceable. Hummels likely wouldn't be unless Varane decided to take a step down.

As for the guy suggesting Subotic is better than Hummels and/or responsible for him looking good - I assume for your sake that you're either trolling or that you've got that arse about face. Hummels made Subotic look far better than he is or ever was. That injury you mentioned put him out for the 2nd half of the season and Sokratis came in to replace him and was that much better than he got a place in the Bundesliga TOTY that season on the back of only half a season of play and Subotic has never won his place back (rightly so). Subotic isn't even the 2nd best CB at Dortmund. Sokratis has been far better than Subotic ever was.

Hummels is a quality player and 1 poor season (when the whole of the team bar Auba failed) doesn't change that. Same with Kompany, he was awful last year but that doesn't mean that he's not still a brilliant CB.

250064233.jpg

He's also weirdly good-looking, definite "weird man-crush" material. Which is a bonus as the majority of our squad is fugly. :lol:

I think so too , but i don't think thats his best picture

Seeing as you guys seem determined to bring this discussion onto Hummels and seem to be making odd statements I think i'll reply:

Hummels was (and probably still is) the best CB in Germany. My brother is a die hard BVB fan so we often watch Bundesliga games together so i've seen as much of Hummels as I have most Chelsea players.

To in any way compare him to Luiz in terms of errors is outrageous. He has the odd mistake in him (maybe 2/3 a season) but every single player in the world has that. Even Messi misses sitters every now and then. Look for instance at JT! He makes mistakes but the true mark of a top class CB is how you bounce back from those mistakes and how consistent you are at not making them in the first place. Luiz made at least 2 mistakes a game. Hummels is nothing like that and actually makes surprisingly few mistakes for a CB asked to play in such an attacking team where he has to be more confident on the ball than most other defenders in the world.

He's one of the best CBs in the world and if you guys can't see that then I seriously suggest you watch him more, because you'll come to understand just how good he is. Especially 2/3 seasons ago. He was an absolute rock in Dortmund's back 5 and my brother has openly stated that Hummels is BVB's most important player. Even if Reus now leaves same as Lew and Gotze, they're all replaceable. Hummels likely wouldn't be unless Varane decided to take a step down.

As for the guy suggesting Subotic is better than Hummels and/or responsible for him looking good - I assume for your sake that you're either trolling or that you've got that arse about face. Hummels made Subotic look far better than he is or ever was. That injury you mentioned put him out for the 2nd half of the season and Sokratis came in to replace him and was that much better than he got a place in the Bundesliga TOTY that season on the back of only half a season of play and Subotic has never won his place back (rightly so). Subotic isn't even the 2nd best CB at Dortmund. Sokratis has been far better than Subotic ever was.

Hummels is a quality player and 1 poor season (when the whole of the team bar Auba failed) doesn't change that. Same with Kompany, he was awful last year but that doesn't mean that he's not still a brilliant CB.

THANK YOU!!!!

Hummels is laughably overrated. Like Luiz he's incredibly gifted with the ball at his feet, he has his fair share of "monster" games where he destroys everything in his path but he's simply too error prone. Because he doesn't have extravagant hair/personality, play(ed) for a club that's where every error is scrutinized & is in a relatively quiet League his frequent mistakes are swept under the rug. Dortmund were so bad defensively last season that they flirted with relegation yet his reputation has largely gone unscathed. His performance against Wolfsburg in the German Cup final for example is one of the worst you'll ever see from such a highly rated defender.

He isn't a bad player but Stones will be far better in the long run for me.

Alex loves the D confirmed.

You know you love it!!

Busted.

Hummels is laughably overrated. Like Luiz he's incredibly gifted with the ball at his feet, he has his fair share of "monster" games where he destroys everything in his path but he's simply too error prone. Because he doesn't have extravagant hair/personality, play(ed) for a club that's where every error is scrutinized & is in a relatively quiet League his frequent mistakes are swept under the rug. Dortmund were so bad defensively last season that they flirted with relegation yet his reputation has largely gone unscathed. His performance against Wolfsburg in the German Cup final for example is one of the worst you'll ever see from such a highly rated defender.

He isn't a bad player but Stones will be far better in the long run for me.

Totally agree, with all due respect to Dortmund there is a reason he isn't playing at a giant club; it's because he's overrated as a defender and actually is overshadowed at national level by Mertesacker, IMO. For some reason Hummels would be at least a £50 million signing but I would go as far as saying he isn't as good as Cahill in terms of pure 7/10 consistency.

He's also weirdly good-looking, definite "weird man-crush" material. Which is a bonus as the majority of our squad is fugly. :lol:

That is what passes as good-looking in England? Jesus Christ. Standards are getting low.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You