John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about our youth, have any of our youngsters made a name for themselves in the last decade? Kakuta-flop, Josh-overrated and being found out, Mancience(spelling) don't even know where he is now, Clyne(good enough for Liverpool but not us), Sinclair-journeyman, and others but off the top of my head these are the few of those 'hot' players that everyone thought will be the backbone of our side.

Kalas, Christensen and maybe even RLC will head this way unless they prove themselves this season at Chelsea or elsewhere. I mean even Courtois had to be named best La Liga GK for 3 years in a role to even comeback here, what make you think our young players are good enough to be starting for the top 5 club in the world? Let's see if Bamford does a Kane or Sanogo for Palace this season, if it is the latter his chance here is over before it ever really begins and another one of the hopeful youngster gone.

It is really annoying this obsession with playing academy players, all it does is give yourself an ego boost and show off to other teams. I mean do you really care if our main striker is Bamford or some African striker? As long as they bang in 20 goals I couldn't careless.

these were all talented players who did not know where they were going to be next season.

young players need grooming. they need mentoring, something which we simply could not provide cos we were busy playing manager-musical chairs.

look at kalas. puts in a brilliant performance, loaned out for the season. what is his motivation supposed to be playing for a mid-bottom table german club after being in chelsea first team squad, doing no wrong and getting relegated so immensely.

the fact that soooo many talented players with massive potential have turned out to be "flops", means its something wrong with OUR system. there will always be cases like josh where the player and his attitude has been hopeless but most of the share lies with us.

now take ake for instance. we sell luis, and now are buying a 21 year old LB. i have not seen baba play but from what people say, he does not seem to be the ideal luis replacement. then why splurge out 15mil when you have ake. where does this leave ake? is he supposed to go on loan to middlesborogh, 2 years after he played a minor part in chelsea's europa campaign. he went to reading and absolutely bossed it. he knows and we all know he is much better than championship level, so what is his motivation going to be when he already knows that he has no chance in hell of making it at chelsea as we have azpi and baba.

like i said, the major share of blame has to go on us and how we have managed our youth players. infact, to be honest, i dont think we give a shit about our youth players. kakuta might have been a flop but he was bought for 150k and sold for 3mil pounds. for our board, it will be a good deal. look at that guy "pantic". even before officially saying that he had signed for us, we had loaned him to vitesse. hilarious.

I agree with the general point and intention of his post but Christensen (who alongside rlc are our two most overrated youngsters) was a bad example to use. He could have used players like ake, musonda,bamford et al to make his point.

That account annoys me for some reason. he finds every excuse in the book when our youth have a bad game.

Talks so much BS, that account does. Our youth academy consists of clones of Gordon Banks, Franco Baresi, Zinedine Zidane and Eric Cantona apparently.

Should of just kept David Luiz if we were going to spend a fortune on Stones....

I can understand Varane or one of the other la liga cbs, but not Stones.

Should of just kept David Luiz if we were going to spend a fortune on Stones....

I can understand Varane or one of the other la liga cbs, but not Stones.

hes not there yet but john stones is going to be one of the best cb in the pl in the near future english players are so overpriced tho

Great.

Zouma is just as good, and far more aggressive, which we need to pair with Cahill or Terry. Jose will turn him into world class.

But as theres no cat in hells chance we getting Varane Id like to see him and Zouma together. Cahill should be out IMHO so IF Stones comes Id like yo see a PROPER rotation. Im not sure if it would be best to have a Zouma + JT pair and a Cahill + Stones pair or a Cahill/Zouma and Zouma/Stones. Then next season just have Stones/Zouma as starters.

Theyre both fast, great on the ball, very chilled Stones has a high pass rate,

He might not be the most physical but I think his brains and Zoumas brawn would compliment each other just as Cahill and JTs has.

But its definitely time to look at 3 of our back 4

I would be seriously fucking pissed if United swoop in and get him.

And it doesn't sound so farfetched either. United sneak in discretely as the article says and offer Evans as part exchange. Everton would rather sell to them after we pissed them off so much.

If United showed serious interest you know they'll offer insane wages that we won't go near and he'll have the draw of playing beside the the other young English defenders they have.

If we want him just pay the fucking money and secure him!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You