John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are so many why did you only list 2. laporte is the only one on Stones level out of your two man list. explain how martinez is superior to Stones.

Lol wait a fucking minute bruv, you asked "which young defender would people rather we buy"! I just listed two as an example not gonna sit all day here and list you young defenders and waste my fucking time got better things to do than that! And certainly don't think Inigo is better than Stones, Just think that he is an interesting young defender, who can be an option but other than that, not gonna explain to you shit!

Out of curiosity, which young defender would people rather we buy, bearing in mind that Varane is probably not a realistic target.

Aymeric Lapote, Inigo Martinez, Samuel Umtiti, Jose Maria Gimenez, Alessio Romagnoli, Marquinhos. I don't think that John Stones is better than anyone of them.

It's good to buy Stones but for what price when you have these options.

I know all the FM wonderkids as well, but hey, out of all the mentioned above, Inigo Martinez, Romagnoli and Marquihnos aren't THAT amazing. It's biased, but Stones has the potential to be better than them. I have no outlook on Jimenez and Umtiti, but Laporte seems like the only one on the list to actually have a higher ceiling, but it depends on development.

Just to add, that out of all those mentioned, only Umtiti and Laporte may be available, not to mention that Laporte has said he wants to stay at Bilbao, before he finds a club that will make him first choice, directly. So, out of all mentioned, Stones seems like the most reasonable choice. Yes, he has a demanding fee, yes he is HG and English and that overhypes him, but he is still quality. Let's not react negative, because of the typical British-media-hype.

Why? We do not need him, we have 3 + 1 CBs, in an emergency then we can recall one from our loanee stash, likely Kalas.

We should buy an LB like Cresswell who can deal with the bench time and we're set.

Terry is 34 , cahill is poor. Mourinho wouldn't trust kalas. He clearly wants stones , so it's important we get him.

Aymeric Lapote, Inigo Martinez, Samuel Umtiti, Jose Maria Gimenez, Alessio Romagnoli, Marquinhos. I don't think that John Stones is better than anyone of them.

What makes these defenders you listed (with the exception of laporte) superior to stones? I follow these defenders as well and no aspect of their game really stands out from stones. is any of them superior at tackling? reading of the game? aerial prowess? Interception? Passing/playing it out from the back? higher ceiling?. the answer is no. Laporte is the only defender on that list who's on Stones level or better.

I'm all for getting Stones. Hes a good mixture of what we need and with his passing and speed it will suit our style of play. Specially if we stick Zouma with him

But yes theres a list of good young CBs out there. Laporte, Marquinhos, Sakho,Mateo Musacchio, Balanta, Dória, Semih Kaya, Inigo Martinez.

What makes these defenders you listed (with the exception of laporte) superior to stones? I follow these defenders as well and no aspect of their game really stands out from stones. is any of them superior at tackling? reading of the game? aerial prowess, Passing/playing it out from the back? higher ceiling?. the answer is no. Laporte is the only defender on that list who's on Stones level or better.

I dont follow all of those players but I watched plenty of Umtiti, Stones and Marquinhos.

I think Umtiti is just as good as Stones except for his ball playing ability where the latter has the edge. Marquinhos however is head and shoulders above them. Very comfortable with the ball and rock solid defensively. It's criminal that a player like luiz starts ahead of him. But you can add him to the unrealistic targets list as they will never let him go.

What makes these defenders you listed (with the exception of laporte) superior to stones? I follow these defenders as well and no aspect of their game really stands out from stones. is any of them superior at tackling? reading of the game? aerial prowess? Interception? Passing/playing it out from the back? higher ceiling?. the answer is no. Laporte is the only defender on that list who's on Stones level or better.

Romagnoli is available for 30m€ (21m£) and how he's not on the level of Stones ? I haven't watched him much but people in Italy say that he's really good, hot prospect. For what price would Stones go ?

I'm good with Stones joining but for what price. And people saying that he will eventually be worth it, I listed 6 defenders born in 1994 and 1995, add Zouma to that and we have 7. Everyone is destined to be "world class" and worth to overpay because at the end he will be worth it, well how many world class/brilliant defenders are currently in Europe ? Not more than 15 and they're from Varane to JT age-span, so during those 13 years (JT and Varane are 13 years apart) we have only let's say 15 Chelsea level defenders and now ask how many "world class prospects" was in that time, over 50 ? The thing is, the young top class prospects I listed maybe have a potential but most of them won't fullfil it and settle for less eventually, that's the nature of things. On which side will be Stones and how we can be sure about it ?

They have told Chelsea he is not for sale at any price. Yeah, whatever.

Anything over £35m and they'd more than likely sell, depends how much the club want him. Man Utd also interested according to the media so that adds an extra 5m-10m.

Still, not my cash. Well it is our money if you go to games or pay a TV subscription...

Iñigo Martinez? Seriously? This is another Illarramendi, overrated as fuck by the spain's press, but nothing more than a average player.

Of these players, one of my favorites is Gimenez, is a beast. And taking in count that he is a Atletico de Madrid player, is very likely that we will see him here on a couple years haha.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You