Chelsea v PSG

Jase

Full attack...with no Matic, no Ramires, this could mean Luiz and Lamps in pivot. However, Lamps wont handle running for whole match and I expect Oscar to get in CM spot at some point if we will still need to score. The only other player capable of playing in pivot would be Mikel and there is no chance we could break their defense with Luiz and Mikel in pivot...

Iva-Cahill-Terry-Azpi

Luiz-Lamps

Schurrle-Willian-Hazard

Etoo

(mentality: attack from first minute)

Lots of people putting Schurle in their line-up. Ok, Oscar is not playing as good as he is supposed to do, but even when he is not playing well he still better than Schurle.

As I said before, Schurle has 7 goals in PL, scored those 7 goals in 4 matches. Perhaps those 4 matches were the only ones when he played a good football.

As someone said in another topic, after William scored against Stoke, some people were talking about other aspects of his game, that were always there, but after a goal it seems people change the way they look at players.

Schurle is not good enough in almost every single minute he is on the pitch, but people still have in their minds that hat-trick against Fulham (that came after an useless 1st half) and the match against Arsenal.

Every time people ask for Mourinho to put Schurle in the 2nd half to change the game, he never makes any kind of positive impact when he arrives in the game.

I really want to be wrong, but I dont think we will go through...

I believe we are going to win but I dont think it will be enough. I am predicting a 1-0 or 2-1!

:(

I think the result is not a hard one to overturn and I also think we have enough talent in the team to do so. But the way we've been playing all season - our decision making in the final third, the fact that we struggle to create clear cut scoring opportunities except on the counter and that we lack composure in front of goal....I think it's going to require individual brilliance and/or gift goals for us to advance.

We're capable of that but that's not something you can bank on.

there is no way we ll go "all out" like people are claiming.

our best chance of going through is winning 2-0. cant see us going through if we concede a goal.

hopefully we can for once, get an early goal to calm our nerves. otherwise, i can see psg sitting back and troubling us on the counters.

1-0, and the whole bloody dynamics of the game changes. for some reason, i feel optimistic about this. come on chelsea!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we see this at some point in the match.

Cech

Ivan-Cahill-JT-Azpi

Luiz-Oscar

Schurrle-Willian-Hazard

Torres

IDK if you guys have noticed, but as bad as Oscar has been, when we take him off we seem to really suffer. I dont know why, but the sub for him usually doesn't press enough or help us keep possession. IDK but something is just 'lost' when Oscar starts and is then taken off. We gave Oscar a rest so i hope JM leaves him in for 90 mins because we really lack options in the CL, without Salha or Matic.

That team mentioned above, SHOULD be able to score goals, and keep the shape defensively. Maybe Oscar starts in place of Schurrle but at some point i hope we see that team on the field if the score is say 2-1 or 1-0.

Cech,Ivanovic,Cahill,Terry,Azpi,Luiz,Lampard,Hazard,Oscar,Willian,Torres(Eto'o if he is fit)

I can't see Jose play anything different from this, he doesn't have much choice anyway. We're gonna need a huge performance from the creative players to go through.

PSG actually have a easier game if they park the bus since we have a hard time trying to break down teams that sit deep and defend. But I wouldn't be surprised if Blanc decides to go for the jugular and end up getting caught out on the counter. I don't think PSG have the mentality to sit deep and take in waves of attack.Perks of playing in the best league unlike the Ligue Un. If the results were the other way around, we'd be celebrating our semi-final birth even before the damn second leg.

I really want Oscar to play in the pivot alongside David Luiz. It's obvious that he has great abilities in pressing and/or defending. I loved how we played with two true wingers and one true CAM yesterday. Willian is good on the flanks, but he's so much better at playing centrally. Right now my biggest fear is playing Torres. I've lost my faith in him, but if Eto'o isn't fit, we are more or less forced to use him. And Ba is even more risky, even though I still believe that he has potential to be an okay one.

I'd go with this;

Cech

Ivanovic/Azpi Cahill Terry Azpi/Cole

David Luiz Oscar

Schürrle Willian Hazard

Eto'o/Torres