Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Our defence did suck in the first half as I dont have an idea why Semih(ginger looking guy) wasnt on our 11 straight away. He is an impressive defender, the best of ours. You wasted such chances like Willian's poor attempt which Muslera head-saved away. Although we improved our game in the 2nd half, its not likely for us to win if our defence keeps making these kind of mistakes in Bridge. Still, I was satisfied with the way game turned out. It feels ballsy to make a team like Chelsea scared. After all it was an enjoyable one for our side. I suggest you having fun too instead of getting this upset; chill a litlle. :P

BTW what do you think about our players' performances especially Muslera, Telles, Melo(yes he s a dick),sneijder and selçuk?

Not OVERLY please with the Result considering the amount of space we had the first 35 minutes , when was the last time we were able to counter that easily?

Only Schurrle and Torres of the forward players got pass marks from me tonight! Torres opened up his body well for the goal , and was unlucky not to get a second , Schurrle is full of running.

Willian's decision making is horrific and his final ball , Apart from putting in a lot of running and tracking back and i can't see what he is adding to the team

Hazard had his worst game for a while!

WE cannot be THE team that only plays well when Hazard does , We can't rely on him , he's not going to always be available or playing outstanding!

and I won't even start on Cech for the Goal!

ps...it's not beyond me to point out that Torres should have squared it for André but not to sure how much of a view he had !

Big words for someone who caught a shit display from Juventus in that day and barely qualified.

Should of been in europa this average team but hey everyone gets lucky from time to time.

Won't happen twice thought. Do us a favour stop posting here and come back when the 2nd leg is finished (Even thought i doubt you will have the guts to come here again if Galata losses)

What if?

I'm sorry, but is there a rule saying that we are not allowed to express our dissapointment on this forum? I didn't like the way we played in the last few games, but that doesn't mean that I don't support the players or the manager anymore. I feel like some people want everyone to be happy and calm, no matter what. We've been playing like absolute shit ever since we beat City on their ground. That's a fact. And not everyone can be happy about it. That doesn't mean that people don't support Chelsea anymore, though. So can those of you who think that no one can express anything that's not similar to what you believe, please, stop doing this shit?

I liked your post, but I think the overreaction from 'the positive wing' isn't on people simply showing discontent with how we played. There are always people with the same old thing that we should play 'beautiful football', 'proper football' or the good old one 'we have millions worth players, they should play as such'.

I honestly think that's what bothers most (it bothers me too). So I suppose most people complaining about the moaners are complaining about the overreaction.

Or maybe you're right and they aren't. Well, I'm not here to be Miss Positive (and I'm positive), but I do agree with many - and I've said it myself - we've been quite poor in some matches this season (some say the last four, but because of my job, this is the first live match I've watched among those 4. I watched a replay of Everton and we weren't as nearly as bad as some made it sound).

Maybe I'm a victim of what I said the other day when I watched the replay. At the heat of the moment your frustration grows and your perception is affected by it. When you watch later knowing the result (in that case a last minute goal, a draw would still entice some frustration because the top of the league was at stake) you can see things in a much more rational way. I think we were poor piss, but that's it. We could play one of those big matches in the home leg (I hope we do because they actually have a decent attack) and everything is fine.

What bothers me - and I don't care what names I'm going to be called by 'proper fans' for saying it - is that imo our main objective this season was getting the team ready for next season, giving Hazard and Oscar another season in English football under their belt and work on their development. Have Schurrle and Willian go through their adaptation. I feel most of our evolution isn't about those players getting better (although ofc Hazard improved a lot), I think most of the evolution we've showed so far (results wise) is simply because of Mourinho's presence and tactics (which are highly effective imo). When Mikel came I bitched, but 2 minutes later, after I calmed down, I knew he did the right thing. He knows he can't trust the team yet, and if stating such thing makes me a bad fan, I'm sorry, but that's my opinion. We don't have a reliable team. Which isn't the end of the world, I'm one of the firm believers this season was all about transition. It's the transition itself that worries me a little bit.

I think we've solved 70% of our pivot problems with Matic and we're headed to solve partially or totally our strikers' issue. While we could use another LB and a better partner for Matic, we can survive and be very competitive with the options we have. I think Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schürrle, Matic (but not Salah) will have much better seasons next year, not only because the young boys will be more mature, but because they'll be more (or completely) adapted to the English style. It's not the quality of them that worries me (a bit) as much as it is their mentality.

Sorry, but I can't look to a player like Mikel and see the thirsty from a winner in his eyes. I can see that in Oscar's eyes (and his dedication in the pitch also testifies to that), but I'm not sure about Willian or Schürrle, for example. That's the difference and Didier actually talked about it in the interview about Chelsea and Mourinho that he gave yesterday. He said Mourinho taught them how to be winners, how to hate losing. I hope Mou does the same here, and I hope we don't have any players that instead of lacking a bit of the ideology, just lack the real thing and then Mourinho can't help them.

It's just it's a bit unexpected for me that comes March and we still show the same issues we did in September... the 180 turns we keep taking is a bit uncomfortable, and something I honestly expected not to see by now. Maybe the team is tired, but I think they simply lack the winner's spirit (except our old legends, who've proved in the past to have a lot of hunger for victories. Mourinho taught or developed further that about them).

But count me out of the bandwagon that thinks this is the end of the world, that we're passive, don't attack, that Mourinho is conservative and all that jazz. I think we should do better when possessing the ball than we do, but that's the least of my concerns now. It's the overall bipolar performances that bother me a bit.

I dont give a flying fuck what the "world" thinks of Chelsea!

We are inconsistent, I will give you that. But to say we didnt have good games throughout this season is beyond pathetic, we had plently of good games (hence we are top of the table and the only English team with a good chance of advancing in Europe)...

It´s funny how everyone keeps saying how absolutely horrific we were and that we are in crysis or whatever, yet we are the only club with comfortable results in the two competitions we are still playing!

WHAT???

The Premier League is, by far, the best domestic competition in the entire planet. No game is just a random game. Being crowned champions of England is something to be extremely proud of. Any real Chelsea fan knows that!

Many (including me) are way more excited about Chelsea winning the EPL than winning the UCL this season (especially since we already won it two years ago). Not a single rational soul would post such a stupid sentence like the one you did.

Again, I couldnt care less how many people are watching the game. I only worry about The Blues having a chance of beating them at home so we can advance to the next round (which we do). Be that playing amazing football or not!

what he's said.

If there's something I don't really care is what the world thinks of the level or the kind of football we present. I don't give a flying fuck, as you put so well. I do have any idea of what I want to see (not style wise, but performance wise), so I also agree about the bit that we're inconsistent and that's the main issue. But then again his season is here to work on that, not to win titles - IF WE WIN TITLES (the caps aren't for you), that's great, if we're in a position to win them, amazing, but the main purpose of this season I think was settling the players down with Mourinho's tactics and develop them further. That's where I'm a bit lost in the real assessment of what's happened so far.

Big words for someone who caught a shit display from Juventus in that day and barely qualified.

Should of been in europa this average team but hey everyone gets lucky from time to time.

Won't happen twice thought. Do us a favour stop posting here and come back when the 2nd leg is finished (Even thought i doubt you will have the guts to come here again if Galata losses)

But you forget something, Juve is far better than chelsea, and yes we were lucky at second leg. But hey you were also lucky at tonight's match. Im not talking big words. I would say the same as you yesterday, but seeing chelsea tonight...well all i can say that it is a fact and i don't think youre gonna be so lucky at second leg unless you brick a wall in front of a goalpost,

Quarter final? Maybe next year honey but not this year, not against us,

I for one was expecting us to win the tie after the first leg. Especially after seeing their attacking starting XI. We had more room today than we will at the Bridge. They probably will come with a proper game plan for the 2nd leg. And they probably wont be as shit, cuz man.... they were awful.

It's been a while since I've seen a Champions League turnover the ball so often and so cheaply. They were a pretty poor outfit today, but we f'd up big time for not going for the jugular when it was 1-0.

But hey, look at it this way, all we gotta do, is do what we expect from ourselves at Stamford Bridge - WIN.

But you forget something, Juve is far better than chelsea, and yes we were lucky at second leg. But hey you were also lucky at tonight's match. Im not talking big words. I would say the same as you yesterday, but seeing chelsea tonight...well all i can say that it is a fact and i don't think youre gonna be so lucky at second leg unless you brick a wall in front of a goalpost,

Quarter final? Maybe next year honey but not this year, not against us,

You know what I heard the Barca fans come into this board & say 'we play the best football on the planet. Chelsea don't have a chance'. What happened? Then I heard the Bayern fans say 'Who the fuck is FC Chelsea? Unsere Stadium. Unsere Stadt. unsere Cup?' WTF happened then? Brother you are just another Brink in the wall. You side is already dead, but you haven't realized it yet. I hope to hear from you on March 18th.

I totally respect your point mate, but this is always relative. Barca's performance is soooooooooo boring yet very effective, and the fans don't care as long as they win. Real Madrid had more of a "dynamic", "enthusiastic" performances in the best years but they weren't effective and guess what the fan's were not happy. When a club is categorized as " World Class" the expectations are high. Much higher than the means by which they achieve it. Another point would be the type of players you have and the system implemented by the manager. Mourinho is a guy who is very successful and innovative in his approaches. Yeah sometimes he gets it wrong but apparently from his record in many clubs he got it right A LOT. Again what entertains people is different, but from my humble experience, when you get that win no body really talks about the way you played. Everyone celebrates and every one is happy. Wouldn't matter if you parked the bus and had 1 shot at the target and 30% possession or if you were all offensive with 20 shots on target and 70% ball possession. People only Really start deeply analyzing the game ( sometimes to a really exaggerated extent) when you lose or fail to achieve your targets. You think Italians really cared about their boring defensive style when they won the world cup? You as a Turk, did you really care when you advanced above group stages in the world cup? I really doubt. However you are entitled to whatever makes you happy. Again it is just my opinion on the matter :)

youre absolutely right and smart :) we share the same thoughts, in fact im a bit dissapointed with this result, and i guess i needed to find something to blame for that, and it had to be clearly chelsea and the way their playing style, :) but you got a good result for you to make it easier to qualify at 2nd leg, but still if its all about you i think we have a good chance to qualify last 8 also, i mean your team gave me hope for 2nd leg :)

wow, I'm a few pages back, catching up with the thread and I have to concede to people complaining... it IS worse than the Gala fans trolling. The fights and the environment seems very negative, not only about the match, but very unfriendly too. Are we seriously getting into that kind of mood - as a forum - over a draw away? Yeah, disappointing, pathetic second half and display, but one would think we've lost the title or were Manchester United...

youre absolutely right and smart :) we share the same thoughts, in fact im a bit dissapointed with this result, and i guess i needed to find something to blame for that, and it had to be clearly chelsea and the way their playing style, :) but you got a good result for you to make it easier to qualify at 2nd leg, but still if its all about you i think we have a good chance to qualify last 8 also, i mean your team gave me hope for 2nd leg :)

Well if you are a Galata fan than I expect nothing from you other than what you said and keep your spirits and hopes up. We will get to know the final result in a couple of weeks time But I faith in anyone who puts on that Chelsea shirt and a lot of confidence in Jose Mourinho you is jsut building a team for the future and haven't reached the level that he is looking for YET. :)

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Tbh mou made a mistake removing schurrle. He was better than willian and hazard today. They were both useless.

Jose actually said in his interview that Torres and Schurrle were the best attackers but he had to take both off because Torres was exhausted and Schurrle had a yellow card.

a simple maths lesson for you ,, something can be improved improved by 110% or even 200% or 1000%

BUT YOU cant give 110% effort

But can something be improved by 1001%? And, what if I give 100% effort but then give a tiny bit more effort, maybe the tiny bit won't make it 110% but I'm sure it would make it at least 105% effort. So I'm sorry you're wrong, 150% wrong.

You know what I heard the Barca fans come into this board & say 'we play the best football on the planet. Chelsea don't have a chance'. What happened? Then I heard the Bayern fans say 'Who the fuck is FC Chelsea? Unsere Stadium. Unsere Stadt. unsere Cup?' WTF happened then? Brother you are just another Brink in the wall. You side is already died, but you haven't realized it yet. I hope to hear from you on March 18th.

Chelsea can eliminate us, it is possible but you miss something mate we stand for chelsea and you stand for barcelona in your argument, can you realize that? you say "we are better team than you and you stand no chance against us, you already dead, we will gonna crash you. etc." but in the end barca could end up in their mother league again, we learned it from history of chelsea :)

But can something be improved by 1001%? And, what if I give 100% effort but then give a tiny bit more effort, maybe the tiny bit won't make it 110% but I'm sure it would make it at least 105% effort. So I'm sorry you're wrong, 150% wrong.

learn elementary Math ,, I cant be bothered to teach you

Chelsea can eliminate us, it is possible but you miss something mate we stand for chelsea and you stand for barcelona in your argument, can you realize that? you say "we are better team than you and you stand no chance against us, you already dead, we will gonna crash you. etc." but in the end barca could end up in their mother league again, we learned it from history of chelsea :)

Believe whatever you want bro. I guess it's good to have dreams to get you through your day. Happy trails cause I doubt I will see you on March 18th.