Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I rarely agree with Chouloou but tonight he got it spot on .. THE RESULT was all important not to be pretty but to get the job done

I don't think there's anyone here saying that it is a bad result.It's a good result, but what I and a few others are saying is that it could've been WAY better. What's wrong with that?

Well then we're playing football you don't like, which, while imo is a view that lacks flexibility and pragmatism, you are entitled to. However, you can't go labeling the football you like as "decent football" and everything else as pathetic, because as we just agreed on, there is no one way to play football. That's like saying there are decent cultures, or beliefs and anything different is pathetic. It's self-righteous crap.

I agree that some players didn't give 110% today, but overall, the worked hard and defended well and managed to grind out a decent result from a difficult place, so I'm content.

I never claimed that my or another one's opinion is a generally valid one. If I really have to point it out every single time then I will. A fan can always complain about his team not playin what, IN HIS OPINION, is decent football. There we go.

The Terry situation was fucked up, he clearly stole our goal.

To be fair the officials also ruled Schurrle to be offside when he was through on goal and actually onside, and they also ruled Torres to have fouled the Galatasaray defender when he was also through on goal and did very little to warrant a foul against him really.

I don't think there's anyone here saying that it is a bad result.It's a good result, but what I and a few others are saying is that it could've been WAY better. What's wrong with that?

of COURSE it could have been better like RM 6 1 away BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN A FUCKING LOT WORSE

arse city manure....perhaps Im just glad we have the advantage

110% effort .. please explain in mathematical terms

Theoretically its BS, practically it's state when you can see players is giving his maximum effort in the game...

Also please try to understand, I only reacted to Choulo mentioning that all that supporters should demand from players is 110% effort

I didn't started this, can we stop there? its kinda pointless, if you have trouble understanding that, try PM me tomorrow i might have time to discuss with you all day what is 110% effort...

110% effort .. please explain in mathematical terms

Mate, please, read again CHOULO19's and my posts. He brought up the argument that the fans can only ask from the players to give 110% effort. I replied by telling him that our players didn't do that tonight.

I'm not dissapointed with result, result is great...

On the other hand, can we say all our players gave 110%? I'm asking nothing more than that, so how am I not proper supporter and gloryhunter? Beign satisfied with "not good" performance is wrong imo, not because result matters, but because we all want the same(atleast i hope), we want chelsea improving don't we?

Not a 110% maybe, but enough. I think the team defended hard.

I don't mind the performance because in the knock-out stages in the UCL, each game has nothing to do with the next. The performance is over and now we go back to England for a different game where the performance will be completely different. It's not like the team can't dominate games, we've done this many times this season. We're just not at a stage where we can put in great performances every game. Everybody should know that by now.

Mate, please, read again CHOULO19's and my posts. He brought up the argument that the fans can only ask from the players to give 110% effort. I replied by telling him that our players didn't do that tonight.

choulou is a good guy ..works hard but knows less about Maths than moyes does about winning games

the 2nd half was really, really dissapointing. disgusting football. only chance was the one from torres, which resulted after a HORRIBLE mistake by the turkish defender. so we could not create ONE SINGLE chance in the 2nd half on our own. and thats against a shit defense as Galatasaray has. thats mind-blowing. bringing mikel for andre was just another typical mou substitutions. sometimes at this games he has too much respect for opponents and tries rather to get more stability and hold onto the lead rather than going for the second one (failed miserably). etoo for torres was also a no-brainer, as etoo was awful today and torres looked half decent today.

We are OVERLY dependent on Hazard. as soon as he is not firing like against Newcastle etc, we look like a midtable club with the ball who cant string 3 or 4 passes together. today Gala wasnt even good or special, we was just god damn awful in the 2nd half and way too complacent and passive, also due to Mous tactical approach. Mancini probably not even knowing by himself how he could grind out a draw and nearly getting a 2nd one in

we have been playing bad since the City game. our teams seems to be out of steam, out of power and sometimes out of creativity and ability. we dont have a clue how to do things or get out of situations at times, like for today. after the 1-1 we completely lost the game and could not find a way to get into it. just due to the fact that Gala is shit, we was lucky to escape a 2nd goal from them.

at times we are attacking with only 3,4 players up there. thats not enough. playing with 3-4 against 7-8, you will only get something out by individualism. and I dont like this approach. we should play more team-based and not just hope taht Eden or Willian will get past 2,3 players on their own and than create something.

If we dont get better as soon as possible, we wont stand any chance in the quarter finals, besides piräus/united. every team will be head and shoulders above us.

Hopefully Mou can fix this and god damn give Eden a rest. he has not been great for 3 games now.

Not a 110% maybe, but enough. I think the team defended hard.

I don't mind the performance because in the knock-out stages in the UCL, each game has nothing to do with the next. The performance is over and now we go back to England for a different game where the performance will be completely different. It's not like the team can't dominate games, we've done this many times this season. We're just not at a stage where we can put in great performances every game. Everybody should know that by now.

It's not a point if it is mathematically correct...

I'm not blaming anyone, i was just trying to react to zolayes who blamed me and Cosmin bcse it's not "correct"

I don't care if it's correct, but this all "guy with 8k rep and admin can't be over-argued by some newbies" is really annoying

the 2nd half was really, really dissapointing. disgusting football. only chance was the one from torres, which resulted after a HORRIBLE mistake by the turkish defender. so we could not create ONE SINGLE chance in the 2nd half on our own. and thats against a shit defense as Galatasaray has. thats mind-blowing. bringing mikel for andre was just another typical mou substitutions. sometimes at this games he has too much respect for opponents and tries rather to get more stability and hold onto the lead rather than going for the second one (failed miserably). etoo for torres was also a no-brainer, as etoo was awful today and torres looked half decent today.

We are OVERLY dependent on Hazard. as soon as he is not firing like against Newcastle etc, we look like a midtable club with the ball who cant string 3 or 4 passes together. today Gala wasnt even good or special, we was just god damn awful in the 2nd half and way too complacent and passive, also due to Mous tactical approach. Mancini probably not even knowing by himself how he could grind out a draw and nearly getting a 2nd one in.

check the stats for OTHER CL games

Before the match i was thinking we have only %20 chance to qualify last 8. But after i watched tonight's match i believe we have %70 chance to do it. I figured out chelsea is an avarage team and we are not going to have a hard time eliminating them at stamford bridge

I never claimed that my or another one's opinion is a generally valid one. If I really have to point it out every single time then I will. A fan can always complain about his team not playin what, IN HIS OPINION, is decent football. There we go.

Yes, you did, when you called it decent football and everything else is pathetic. I find decent football whatever approach brings my team a good result.

Of course you can have whatever opinion about what the team should be playing like, but if you don't support and cheer the team on after a good result, then you're not really doing your job as a supporter.

It's not a point if it is mathematically correct...

I'm not blaming anyone, i was just trying to react to zolayes who blamed me and Cosmin bcse it's not "correct"

I don't care if it's correct, but this all "guy with 8k rep and admin can't be over-argued by some newbies" is really annoying

stop being so fucking precious but dont quote stupid maths

Before the match i was thinking we have only %20 chance to qualify last 8. But after i watched tonight's match i believe we have %70 chance to do it. I figured out chelsea is an avarage team and we are not going to have a hard time eliminating them at stamford bridge

You should look at our home PL record under mourinho, and then count your chances again..

Edit: @zolayes: Not sure if I understood what u said(not naturally speaking) but as I said i was reacting only because you confronted us with thing we didn't bring on table as first