Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

A very strange game. First half everyone looked sharp. Azpi committed to forward runs on the break. Schurrle constantly creating space for others off the ball by always moving forward on the sides. As a team we applied pressure on them as soon as they approached half pitch forcing them to miss-pass all the time and catch them out of position for a counter. Should have easily killed the game within the first half an hour.

Second half we were a completely different team. Deep defensive line. Lost the control of the midfield. Couldn't keep possession or create an positive passing forward. We just gave them too much space. A strange goal to concede too. Relatively high, medium paced cross in the center of the 6 yard area. Defenders should have dealt with it easily not to mention that Cech should have easily taken it or punched it way but he stayed at his goal line.

We could have won and made it easier for us at the Bridge. Still a tie with an away goal is not a bad result at all. I am just surprised from the way we forced our game on them the first half just to give them all the initiative in the second half. Still a positive result we can easily accept and build on for the 2nd leg.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Tbh mou made a mistake removing schurrle. He was better than willian and hazard today. They were both useless.

check the stats for OTHER CL games

which other CL games?!

do you mean arsenal and city? arsenal was playing against the best team in the world with 10 men basically the whole 2nd half. city was playing against barcelona. you dont compare galatasaray to barca/bayern, do you?!

mous approach to this game at times is so so annoying. why getting andre out? why brining freaking mikel on and again playing Ramires RW? we werent playing madrid or bayern or barca, it was freaking galatasaray (with all due respect). we lost this game on our own. could have gone out and scored the 2nd one, instead we let them control the game, did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, not even counter-attacking them and than we wonder if they score one goal. way too complacent and arrogant in the 2nd half.

It's not a point if it is mathematically correct...

I'm not blaming anyone, i was just trying to react to zolayes who blamed me and Cosmin bcse it's not "correct"

I don't care if it's correct, but this all "guy with 8k rep and admin can't be over-argued by some newbies" is really annoying

a simple maths lesson for you ,, something can be improved improved by 110% or even 200% or 1000%

BUT YOU cant give 110% effort

which other CL games?!

do you mean arsenal and city? arsenal was playing against the best team in the world with 10 men basically the whole 2nd half. city was playing against barcelona. you dont compare galatasaray to barca/bayern, do you?!

MAN UTD???

a simple maths lesson for you ,, something can be improved improved by 110% or even 200% or 1000%

BUT YOU cant give 110% effort

This will be my last response as i see you don't know what i'm talking about.

I don't give a fuck about if it's correct, IT DOESN'T MATTER, we all know what it means, fact is we didn't brought it as first, that's the only fucking thing, u blamed wrong persons got it?

btw. sorry for beign harsh, but i'm losing nerves here, do I really had to repeat that 4 times?

No, the aim of the fans is to get behind their team, support them, and push them into winning. You don't support a team when they entertain you and then stop when they don't. When you support a team, you become part of it and its success becomes your success and similarly its pain, yours.

I agree with you 100% but that was not what i was talking about. We were talking about the aim of football.

This will be my last response as i see you don't know what i'm talking about.

I don't give a fuck about if it's correct, IT DOESN'T MATTER, we all know what it means, fact is we didn't brought it as first, that's the only fucking thing, u blamed wrong persons got it?

btw. sorry for beign harsh, but i'm losing nerves here, do I really had to repeat that 4 tim

I know you are posting shit maths

It's not a point if it is mathematically correct...

I'm not blaming anyone, i was just trying to react to zolayes who blamed me and Cosmin bcse it's not "correct"

I don't care if it's correct, but this all "guy with 8k rep and admin can't be over-argued by some newbies" is really annoying

You know he was just having fun, right? Not everything is so serious.

And you are right, it is really annoying not being able to argue with the older members, thankfully it is not true and completely imagined. We have been debating for about an hour now and you, and the others have expressed your opinion as have I and zolayes. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean I'm trying to stop you from saying it. We're just having a discussion.

Before the match i was thinking we have only %20 chance to qualify last 8. But after i watched tonight's match i believe we have %70 chance to do it. I figured out chelsea is an avarage team and we are not going to have a hard time eliminating them at stamford bridge

Looooooooooooool. Buddy wake up, wash your face and check the result again. You tied with us 1-1, in Turkey, at your stadium, with your fans in what your fans refer to as "Hell". I don't know where you got the 20% or 70% from, but the fact that you failed badly to get a positive result with home and fan advantage doesn't get any spectators hope higher. That would be delusional.

It is funny to see Galata fans happy about such a poor result at home and Chelsea fans disappointed to get a positive result away.

I agree with you 100% but that was not what i was talking about. We were talking about the aim of football.

SADLY it is now mainly about winning ...or at least not LOSING .. 6 English teams in Europe this week

ONE avoided defeat playing in HELL and our " supporters " arent satisfied

You know he was just having fun, right? Not everything is so serious.

And you are right, it is really annoying not being able to argue with the older members, thankfully it is not true and completely imagined. We have been debating for about an hour now and you, and the others have expressed your opinion as have I and zolayes. Just because I don't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean I'm trying to stop you from saying it. We're just having a discussion.

You are partly right, but I understand what De_ChrapQaa is talking about. There are members here that are trying to wind people up and sending PM just because they don´t share the same opinion. Is that a discussion for you?

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Tbh mou made a mistake removing schurrle. He was better than willian and hazard today. They were both useless.

I agree. But in all fairness Willian had an above average first half. Hazard on the other hand was a puzzle to me. I would give him some excuse for being marked most of the time, but with his skills he should have evaded his marksman and created danger. But overall not a bad performance as whole from the team. Though clearly doesn't meet the expectations of a lot of fans in this forum :)

MAN UTD???

well, if you want us to be compared with a dog shit team like united are at the moment, than so be it.

result is decent as I said, even though we could have easily won this 2-0. second half was just really really poor and disgusting. it seemed like we wasnt even trying to play football and just kicked every ball in to nirvana

You should look at our home PL record under mourinho, and then count your chances again..

Edit: @zolayes: Not sure if I understood what u said(not naturally speaking) but as I said i was reacting only because you confronted us with thing we didn't bring on table as first

yeah took a look at it, and what i saw is that you got spanked by basel at your own playing field and then you bought salah just because he scored a goal against chelsea. did i miss anything else?

yeah took a look at it, and what i saw is that you got spanked by basel at your own playing field and then you bought salah just because he scored a goal against chelsea. did i miss anything else?

Why is this pretentious cunt still here?

I was trying to say, we are stronger at home ground if don't believe it you will be upset...

btw, you were playing at home, at "hell", well we scored away goal and made a good result, so i can't see how exactly are your chances after this match increased, do you think we will park the bus at home? don't try to make me laugh...