Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

For me Barca performance under Guardiola for the most part was not boring. The way they were keeping the ball, creating space by quick passing and movements, this football is what I always imagined when you talk about great team.

Well any Barca fan well not find it boring. They would call it pure dominance which is a fact and I respect it so much. But someone who is not a Barca fan would argue that there is no excitement and that they would rather see a much more open game from both sides where there are a lot of opportunities created like in the EPL. Others would prefer a match where it is more individualistic and players have great dribbling skills and would take on 2 or 3 defenders like in Latin America. Others again might like a slow pace game but very tactical and patient building plays are required. At the end of the day we can agree that everyone sees the game from a different prospective like every team/style of play tries to win according do a system they are comfortable with. Barca has always been my favorite team in Spain ever since Romario, Stoichkove where there. Still are my favorite team in Spain. I kind of liked their system when Rijkaard more.

The way I saw it.

Chelsea side managed a draw. Mission accomplished.

Perhaps, lack of cutting edge we might say here by Chelsea again ? It was not the first time that Chelsea have paid for failing to kill off teams. The team had five chances & scored one goal.

Despite of it, Chelsea got a very acceptable result in a stadium where it´s difficult to play. I am happy with it.

Looking for Drogba to have the best reception of his life in London.

Jose actually said in his interview that Torres and Schurrle were the best attackers but he had to take both off because Torres was exhausted and Schurrle had a yellow card.

I seem to remember Mourinho saying Schurrle was exhausted too because he hasn't played a lot of games in recent times and that yellow card was just an additional factor in taking him off.

CM = Kroos, Gundogan, Fabregas (I can dream. No chance though) or just stick with MvG (still don't know how good he is)

LB = Shaw, Rodriguez from Wolfsburg, Alberto Moreno (preferably the English guy, because of the coefficient)

CF = Diego Costa, Cavani.

Pick anyone from all 3 and this team is as good as any in Europe.02

What bothers me the most is the alleged "evolution" in style of play has not been evident this season. Perhaps if we can get a dream pivot of Kroos-Matic, that will completely alter the way we play football.02

If we buy players now, I think it should be people who are good finishers as well. We had about 6 chances to score in the first half and scored 1. Ramires and willian missing the best of the lot.

We need goal scoring player all over the pitch. That's why mourinho is so insecure about us. I was angry he took off schurrle for mikel yesterday and killed our attack but if you look from another angle, he was afraid we could miss more chances and lose the match in the end after everything. (Infact torres failed to square a ball for a schurrle tap in just before he was subbed)

We are terrible finishers and are poor in making decisions in the box.

We need another high scoring player behind the striker and to replace lamps in the pivot imo. Griezmann/reus are better finishers than everyone in our team bar eto.

Kroos/gundogan will not sky chances like ramires/mikel does.

Then we need strikers that can create for teammates as well as create a goal for himself by sheer skill.

We need a LB so that azpi will move to the right

If we get all these players, mourinho will be comfortable letting us attack because we will score more of our chances even if the opponent scores like he did at madrid. But as you can see yesterday mourinho realised we were missing a lot, then he killed off the tempo of match by telling mikel to sit deep. So that we draw instead of losing. If we continued attacking, we miss our opportunities and gala have drogba and sneider(chance scorers) to score theirs.

You damn right we can express our dissapointment... I was less than happy with tonights performance.

What I hate the most is when people say.. 'we got the away goal and a draw is a good result so stop moaning'

Why the fuck would anyone be happy drawing against that Galatasary performance that had enough space behind the back four to hold Glastonbury in.

People adopt this pack mentality on TalkChelsea, like sheep.

I personally want Chelsea to be the best team in the world who go out and destroy teams 3/4/5-0. Not this piss poor performances that end up with us settling for a draw... and that's with 11 men on the fucking feild.

And because I say this I'm nit a proper fan? No no no... I'm not having it!

I strongly agree. I also detest people on here who derogate fans on that are not completely over the moon with our very substandard seceond half performance. We also have every right to that.

Well any Barca fan well not find it boring. They would call it pure dominance which is a fact and I respect it so much. But someone who is not a Barca fan would argue that there is no excitement and that they would rather see a much more open game from both sides where there are a lot of opportunities created like in the EPL. Others would prefer a match where it is more individualistic and players have great dribbling skills and would take on 2 or 3 defenders like in Latin America. Others again might like a slow pace game but very tactical and patient building plays are required. At the end of the day we can agree that everyone sees the game from a different prospective like every team/style of play tries to win according do a system they are comfortable with. Barca has always been my favorite team in Spain ever since Romario, Stoichkove where there. Still are my favorite team in Spain. I kind of liked their system when Rijkaard more.

I prefer team play with individual qualities that is in control of the ball.

And in Latin America, there is a huge difference in style between Argentina and Brazil for example. Brazil have much better athletes and dribblers and can punish teams even if not playing that well (like the 2002 world cup) while Argentina and other south american teams will need to have the possession as they are in average slower.

I have a preference for Argentinian (well not under Maradonna) and spanish style of football. It's the ball who is moving fast not necessarily the players.

For example in the premier league, the pace of the game for me is so overrated. I have seen many very slow matches in the premier league.

Just a note to the faithful that went to that cauldron.

Heard from a mate they were attacked in a bar beforehand. On the way there, there was demonstration ending in Taksim square, where cops with machine guns were herding people about. Inside the ground turks climbed over the fence and attacked some fans, whilst others on the side of the fence spent most of the match making throat slitting, and stabbing motions.

Carefree...

Frankly, Mourinho doesn't get any stick when he should. He ran off De Bruyne, failed to get any striker worth a damn and let Mata go. It's no real shock that this team has trouble scoring because it's a team that has no play maker and no one leading the charge from the back.

This team needs someone to distribute the ball at all levels.

Hazard needs a break and some help.

Frankly, Mourinho doesn't get any stick when he should. He ran off De Bruyne, failed to get any striker worth a damn and let Mata go. It's no real shock that this team has trouble scoring because it's a team that has no play maker and no one leading the charge from the back.

This team needs someone to distribute the ball at all levels.

Hazard needs a break and some help.

If Mata or KDB were still on this team, would they score goals ?

Well the sunshine shines from just behind the clouds putting pay to what could of been a dark gloomy day some predicted. First twenty minutes we were excellent, but Gala very poor, our counter attacking was sublime but the decision making of pass was very poor on a number of occasions. Game should of been dead within 20 minutes and Gala out of sight, but once again we stepped off it and that is more annoying than the actual result for me. We really need to up the game better in a number of areas during game. Our ball retention is very poor, we struggle to relieve pressure at the most important times, and the choices of some players to actually dribbling in dangerous areas is worrying. Even at 1-1 we failed to even keep the ball and just take that nasty sting from the game, we chose to incompetent and let the basics pass us by at any given moment. Ref was the usual picky arseholes you get in Europe, reacting to every whistle, moan and groan from the crowd possible and how the fuck he never booked Melo was beyond me.

That's the negative done away with, but the most important thing here is we didn't lose and we came away with an away goal. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say they will not be a threat in London, for me we allowed them to dominate that second half, that won't happen again. Thought Azpilicueta was once again tremendous, now he did the basics right, he got rid when needed and linked up well between defence and attack. MOTM for me, for us. Thought Torres did well, but he still doesn't look comfortable at all when through on goal, he looks some what unsure what he is going to do.

You have to credit Mancini also in this, it takes bottle to haul a player off after 20 odd minutes and change the game plan, he did that and it kicked them up the arse and sort of rattled us because they fronted us up and pushed us more on the back foot. Drogba was OK, he threatened as much as I thought he might of and barring the goal where JT lost his man I thought both JT and Brana dealt perfectly with him, the threat for me was Yilmaz, his runs were dangerous and in the channels that our CB's struggled with.

Away goal, average performance, Drogba didn't score and hell was more like Hull.

Hope the fans got home safe...........CAREFREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pardon me for being paranoid or negative or whatever, it feels as though the stage has been set for Drogba to score at the Bridge and knock us out of the Champions League...

The stage is set for Drogba to see the standing ovation, play his game & vanish, out of the CL.

As Mancini said "we showed more respect to Chelsea more then they deserved".

In first 30 min you guys seemed good because of just wrong tactical start from us. When Hajrovic out and Yekta in at 30' eveything changed and you couldnt even make 3 passes in a row. You parked the bus in second half and watched us playing football. Where was Hazard ? Lol he even couldnt do anything on the same side with sh.t Eboue ...

You guys right about Melo he really deserved a yellow and should be banned for next game. Thanks ref i really prayed after every fouls Melo commited for not showing him a yellow :):)

But except of Melo you guys complaining about ref ? are you fucking kidding me ?

He cancelled Burak's amazing proper goal because of Terry bitch but he shouldnt have cancelled it.

Rules are simple -if an extra ball enters the field of play during the match, the referee must stop the match only if it interferes with play. If an extra ball enters the field of play during the match without interfering play, the referee must have it removed at the earliest possible opportunity- this is exactly what is written at fifa's rules...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeXJX3vBjKk

If this happens game must be stopped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMiFP1qXzPg

If this happens game must be played