Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Willian was great in the 1st half BUT in the 2nd he was frustrating, giving the ball away in some sensitive situations.

But Azpi though, I mean the POTY award will probably go to Hazard but Cesar has been working his butt off since the first minute he played under Jose. Brilliant, brilliant attitude and approach, can't ask for more.

No, the aim of the fans is to get behind their team, support them, and push them into winning. You don't support a team when they entertain you and then stop when they don't. When you support a team, you become part of it and its success becomes your success and similarly its pain, yours.

That's only half of the truth. The fan must always support the team, ok, but he can also request some things. Like decent football, for example. That's why people on stadiums boo, sometimes, when they don't agree with the way their teams are playing. Yes, you must get behind your team no matter what, but you can also expect to get something back from it now and then. And that's fair, in my opinion.

First thing first. Poor second half, good first half. Same old story where we dominate heavily for a spell but simply can't put the match tp bed and literally show the opposition a way back.

Secondly, kudos to jose for reading the game BRILLIANTLY both timea. He tactically raped mancini the way we were set-up in the first half with torres n sxhurrle continously behind the gala defence. In thw second half he saw that we were getting over-run by gala in mid and put in mikel to brilliant effect.

Cech- has to take his share of blame for the goal. It was barwly 3/4 yards off the goal line and aimply can't understand why he dint come for the ball. Poor dexision but a couple of good saves. 6/10

Azpi-Motm. Without a doubt. The only player who seemes to have turned up foe the 2nd half. Brilliant interceptions and the run foe the goal was just awesome. 10/10

JT- why dint he stay with his man??? Why? Simply can't understand that. He dwfinitwly expectes cech to come out after cech's initial movemwnt but to stand in no man's land lime that was very uncharacteriatic. A couple of Times, let thw gala attackwrs play behind him too. 6/10

GC- good game. Cant find a thing that he did qrong.solid performance. 8/10

Iva- average performance. Dint influemce the game much. Hia clearness led to the cornwr but don't think he should be blamed in any way. 7/10

Lamps- poor perdormance. So many poor first touches. Was just hopeless to watch. Simply not suited for such paced gane. 5/10

Rambo- closed the gala midfield down. Made up brilliantly for lamps lack of energy. Broke away a couole of times only to be let down by his decision making. 7/10

Willian -flop of the match for me. Hopeless to be honeat. Hazard was uni fluential but he dint give away the ball a 100 times. Poor decision making. Add to that thay he played a lot like hulk, just trying to take players on unneceasarrily and kept giving away the ball. Poor. 3/10

Hazafd- anitger one who simply dint turn up. I mean ehat the fuck was he doing in tbat countsr and why the fuck did he slow down. I will nevwr underatanf why he either dint take the man on or pass the ball to schurrle. 4/10

Schurrle- some really good runs. What I can't believe is that how many timea people just ignored him. Like hazard or torres right before his sub. Seemed like the man cuty momwnt when sxhurrle sxored but torres went for the goal. Linkes up well too. 7/10

Torrea- started the match brightly but simply tappered away. The no. Of Times he tried to take defenders on rather than make a simple pass was just frustrating. But no dpubt that he was betrer than etoo. 7/10

Subs-

Mikel- jose decided to close the shop. Should probably have taken willian off instead of sxhurrle. As for mikel, he controlled the game well. Kwpt possession and rab the clock down. Good aolid pwrformance. 7/10

Etoo- invisible. Why yhe hell was HAZARD playing as a ST? Why was he on the wings and literally as deep as iva.

Oscar -n/a

All in all, a game of 2 halves. A poor performance but a good resukt. Got an away goal so not at all bad.

Erm..... 6-1 actually! When your trying to make a point, don't fuck it up.

Hahaha yeah whatever mate are you jealous or something? Your team only managed to just draw!

You have no chance of winning the Champions League, we still have the La Liga and CL in real good contention.

Come back when yo have 9 Champions Leagues.

What Forum needs is to calm the fuck down. It's very obvious with that result that we are through to the next round, go bet on it. We had Luiz injured, and Matic unable to play. I am happy we didn't get Mikel on the starting XI in the first place! So Lampard + Rami was our only choice. Ok most of the time they blew it, but we knew that already and it didn't matter in the 1st half because Gala was pathetic and we ruled them big time. It should have been killed by then but then again Hazard is out of form and we do not have a striker. That's not breaking news also. Gala made their homework on the break and came significantly stronger. Credit to them, they chased it well. Yes we where pathetic trying to lock 0-1, but this young team with some weak spots and player misses simply does not have the requirements some times and Jose knows our limitations, we are not fucking invisible ffs (although we must have this mentality on the pitch, only Azpi had it) and he made the right decisions imo.

The ref was a cunt so there's that also.

Melo go join karate and leave football you bitch!

Azpi had it all. MOTM. He is an example for the others lately. Bright kid.

I am disappointed also by our football today, but that's the way it goes this season. With our ups and downs. Not breaking news. Sorry.

We got back a decent result tonight that's going to send Chelsea further. Anything else?

How can you be so sure about it? And what if we would've scored more than just one goal in the first half, considering all the chances that we've had? It's like people forget who we are, sometimes. We are Chelsea FC, not Tottenham or, I don't know, Everton. Some of you are way too happy with way too less, no offence.

That's only half of the truth. The fan must always support the team, ok, but he can also request some things. Like decent football, for example. That's why people on stadiums boo, sometimes, when they don't agree with the way their teams are playing. Yes, you must get behind your team no matter what, but you can also expect to get something back from it now and then. And that's fair, in my opinion.

"Decent football" implies that there is only one way of playing football, and then you compare to it and decide what is decent and what is not. Obviously that is completely wrong, because the rules allow for infinite styles and approaches to football.

As for what you can ask from your team, as far as I'm concerned, the only thing you, as a supporter, can ask is for the players to come out, give 110% effort and do everything in their power for the team to win, which is the aim of football. Booing your team when they get a good result defeats the purpose of sport.