Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

A liability out of his depth. Nervous every time he gets the ball under pressure, teammates are clearly avoiding passing to him, positioning is suspect. Should be sold next summer and replaced with a ready-made CB to partner Rüdiger, let AC and Tomori fight it out for rotational spots if one of them doesn't come good BIG TIME this season. But as things stand, Zouma needs to go and instant impact signing needs to be made.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Gone a bit unnoticed with Tomori's masterclass but I thought Kurt was very good today. He came into a very awkward situation and did well.

He was very good defensively and even made a good couple of runs, but his passing was still very poor.

got lucky a couple of times when he gave the ball away in very dangerous areas.

considering 2 of our 3 senior cms are completely about passing and keeping the ball, zouma will always be an awkward fit imo.

Just now, Tomo said:

Gone a bit unnoticed with Tomori's masterclass but I thought Kurt was very good today. He came into a very awkward situation and did well.

I agree, but he really is  a bad passer. I remember a situation where he wanted to play a long ball to Azpi, but completely messed up and Pool started a counter attack and passed it to the left to Salah who came inside, but Zouma managed to clear the situation. So still not perfect, but he was not bad today

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I really hope Rudiger or Christensen are fit for Saturday. 

Christensen is just as bad as Zouma Christensen gets bullied in the PL the German league suits him better a new CB should be our number one priority in the summer 

• 4 weeks later...

He has done quite well in past few games. With Tomori lacking in term of physical forces and aerial ability , the other CB need to bring that. Plus he is pretty decent against 1 v 1 which is important because our midfield is not exactly the best at shielding our backline. 

• 2 weeks later...

He has made the most progress of anyone since preseason. He has real potential. a young player's climb to being really good or great player is always up and downs, so I know he will have some bad games going forward, but the good play is really getting better.

Another proof of why fans need to have patience. Look a few weeks ago, when people were ridiculing him and writing him off. He has come on leaps and bounds since then and defensively has been brilliant. Aerially dominant and also rare for any player to beat him in a foot race. Opinions from fans change like the English weather.

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Another proof of why fans need to have patience. Look a few weeks ago, when people were ridiculing him and writing him off. He has come on leaps and bounds since then and defensively has been brilliant. Aerially dominant and also rare for any player to beat him in a foot race. Opinions from fans change like the English weather.

Well put.

Sadly he does not seem to changing opinions for some reason. Even now a lot of fans want him gone (shockingly!!!!). Makes you wonder what he needs to do.

36 minutes ago, Stats said:

Make no mistake he is here for the season, but come summer I hope he is the first one sold, very limited and no way near the quality we need.