Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

I never rated him at Chelsea , so I can see why we loaned him to Southampton , but selling g him after a great half season whilst having fullback issues? Ridiculous. He will teach ivan a lesson on Saturday

He was sold because it was a good deal and the fact Azpilicueta and Filipe Luis are better players. If anybody is really disappointed we sold Bertrand to play Azpilicueta LB, when hes arguably the best defender in the league (Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville think he is the best)... then I am shell shocked in all honesty.

I wonder if you are still shell shocked ,, Ryan was rated in last years PL team of the year and now we have sold Luis ,,

Unfortunate not to make it here tbh.

Think he was kind of in AVB/RD plans, but was kinda mischanced with a proper opportunity. Could have saved a few million with saving him as a squad player (played as LW in Champions League Final, and as a midfielder in Charity Shield and scored) and maybe becoming eventual first team LB (Dave as RB), but fortunes were against us,

The club would be foolish not to pick him up. In fact, he should be purchased in the winter. The current situation with the fullbacks is unacceptable. Going into a season with Ivanovic and Azpilicueta as your only real options is madness.

I'm sure Ryan would want to come back. The fans have always loved him and I remember him speaking positively about his time at Chelsea, despite the constant loans. And that's completely understandable as he was a Chelsea player (officially) for nearly ten years, joining the club as a 16-year-old boy. His salary would also be increased substantially, while his chances of starting for England would only rise.

He might not be world-class but he's a good fullback. Someone you can trust to do a job and more importantly, a genuine fullback with plenty of pace and stamina, comfortable on both sides of the pitch. And he's left-footed!

Chelsea would be made fun of for having to buy a player they already owned and ridiculed for their inability to develop their own players, and deservedly so, but that's not important. A good fullback in the first XI is important, not to mention another Englishman in the team. Ryan knows the club and he's familiar with the demands of top level football. Let's enjoy the services of Bertrand while Baba continues his treacherous journey of becoming ready in the magical land called Cobham.

He should be the #1 priority in the winter transfer window. The only target even imo as the squad is covered in other areas. Strengthening other positions can be dealt with the summer. January window inflation, English tax, those things don't matter. £15 mil, £20 mil. £25 mil even. At 26, you're looking at least a five years of service. It will be worth it. Deduce the £10 mil he was sold for and the total fee doesn't look that bad.

I don't care if Ivanovic plays like prime Cafu from now on. Let him play like Cafu somewhere else, it won't last long at his age.

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Terry/Cahill - Bertrand

Get him!!!

This is what I absolutely hate about chelsea. We dont have no faith, loyalty and trust in small name players or youth and when they do well somewhere else, we come back after them like a hoe for a cock.

Bert is doing great at soton, hopefuly it stays that way. Im sure Mou is capable of buying him and then keep playing Iva and Azpi. I would go nuts if that happend.

The club would be foolish not to pick him up. In fact, he should be purchased in the winter. The current situation with the fullbacks is unacceptable. Going into a season with Ivanovic and Azpilicueta as your only real options is madness.

I'm sure Ryan would want to come back. The fans have always loved him and I remember him speaking positively about his time at Chelsea, despite the constant loans. And that's completely understandable as he was a Chelsea player (officially) for nearly ten years, joining the club as a 16-year-old boy. His salary would also be increased substantially, while his chances of starting for England would only rise.

He might not be world-class but he's a good fullback. Someone you can trust to do a job and more importantly, a genuine fullback with plenty of pace and stamina, comfortable on both sides of the pitch. And he's left-footed!

Chelsea would be made fun of for having to buy a player they already owned and ridiculed for their inability to develop their own players, and deservedly so, but that's not important. A good fullback in the first XI is important, not to mention another Englishman in the team. Ryan knows the club and he's familiar with the demands of top level football. Let's enjoy the services of Bertrand while Baba continues his treacherous journey of becoming ready in the magical land called Cobham.

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Terry/Cahill - Bertrand

Get him!!!

He's playing for a good team, that try to play positive, attacking football and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves (with the recent england call-up)

Unless he is guaranteed to be our starting LB, why would he bother coming back?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/10013022/ryan-bertrand-back-at-chelsea-with-southampton-and-a-point-to-prove

This is what I mean when I say he is the perfect full back offensively and defensively. It was the same when he was at us, he rarely let us down.

"He ranked among the top 10 full-backs in the country for chances created last season. In terms of clear-cut chances carved out, Bertrand was in the top three".

"However, unlike the others on that list he didn't make a single defensive error leading to a shot or a goal. Bertrand ranked in the top 10 for defensive interceptions too."

clearly not good enough for us!!!

He's playing for a good team, that try to play positive, attacking football and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves (with the recent england call-up)

Unless he is guaranteed to be our starting LB, why would he bother coming back?

The idea is for him to come here and play of course. Matic came back and he had a far weaker connection with Chelsea, if any at all. Playing for Southampton is nice and all but playing for titles on the big stage doesn't compare.

There are no guarantees in top football, any level really, but plenty of reasons to come back, like the ones I mentioned in my post. Chelsea should get him.

Really want him back now. Says a lot that he got his CL debut in the final vs Bayern and well, imagine Bertrand - Zouma - Cahill - Azpilicueta with maybe buying Stones as well in the winter. Don't see why Bertrand would come back though, he's starting with the Saints and doing so well, but hopefully we can somehow get him back. Bertrand and Baba as LBs and Azpi, Ivanovic as our RBs would be fantastic.

Really want him back now. Says a lot that he got his CL debut in the final vs Bayern and well, imagine Bertrand - Zouma - Cahill - Azpilicueta with maybe buying Stones as well in the winter. Don't see why Bertrand would come back though, he's starting with the Saints and doing so well, but hopefully we can somehow get him back. Bertrand and Baba as LBs and Azpi, Ivanovic as our RBs would be fantastic.

cant see any he got rid of coming back while he is in charge. Actually those out on loan are the lucky ones .

He'd be fucking stupid to come back here unless there's a clause that says he must be first choice unless exceptional circumstances occur.

Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, RLC, Aina? as an England fan, does give me hope for the future of the team, though.