Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He'd be fucking stupid to come back here unless there's a clause that says he must be first choice unless exceptional circumstances occur.

Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, RLC, Aina? as an England fan, does give me hope for the future of the team, though.

Why would he? Footballers don't feel sorry for themselves in the way fans feel sorry for them, they know they are signing up for a ruthless business world when they are young.

If Betrand gets the chance to come back he will most likely jump at it especially if Mou left.

Why would he? Footballers don't feel sorry for themselves in the way fans feel sorry for them, they know they are signing up for a ruthless business world when they are young.

If Betrand gets the chance to come back he will most likely jump at it especially if Mou left.

IF jose left probably a few might return

People who want him to come back are wishing ill on the player. For his sake I hope he never contemplates coming to Chelsea again, especially while Moaninho is here. He almost became a wasted talent, thank fuck for Southampton :wub:

The left-back we should be chasing is Kolarov. A big Serbian playing full-back, what a love story it would be.

People who want him to come back are wishing ill on the player. For his sake I hope he never contemplates coming to Chelsea again, especially while Moaninho is here. He almost became a wasted talent, thank fuck for Southampton :wub:

The left-back we should be chasing is Kolarov. A big Serbian playing full-back, what a love story it would be.

Micky Droy would be perfect for Jose

• 4 weeks later...

If he can't make it here I don't see why any of you think somebody like RLC would.

We are not in the business of promoting youth players to the first team. Thats the way it is. There will always be somebody from overseas that is "Better", then we will waste money paying premium for other English players from clubs who actually invest and take chances on their players.

If he can't make it here I don't see why any of you think somebody like RLC would.

We are not in the business of promoting youth players to the first team. Thats the way it is. There will always be somebody from overseas that is "Better", then we will waste money paying premium for other English players from clubs who actually invest and take chances on their players.

The trick is having a manager who believes in youth players. Unfortunately at the moment, we have a manager who doesn't. That's likely to change if/when he gets the sack.

Sergi Roberto from Barca explained it perfectly...he said that in past he knew he will get small chances and when he gets them he will play safe and try not to make mistake. Now that he plays more and has trust from coach and confidence, he tries more, more tricks etc. And he is performing realy well this season for barca.

Anyway my point is that this is biggest problem at chelsea. Whoever is not in first 11 will have extremely limited time, but that is in most top teams. But unlike elsewhere, at Chelsea you dont get chance when others perform shit. And you dont get TRUST from coach and thats what gives confidence. Mou is so full of bullshit regarding RLC, Baba, or KDB, Salah, Cuadrado in past that its nothing surprising they all failed.

Arsenal played fucking Bellerin when Debuchy got injured. And look, now one of more promising RBs. Mou would rather play Falcao at LB before giving Baba real run of games. And its not just about giving someone play time when others are injured, Its also about what happens when they get fit. At chelsea, Iva as soon gets full recovery, he will get into team imediately by Mou. Regardless how his replacement played, regardless how Iva plays. And that favouritism is fucked up.

Baba should play week in week out at LB with Azpi at RB and we would see how he does. Even if he played shit, it still wouldnt be worse than now with Zouma at RB. So why not take a chance with Baba? And once Iva comes back, he should prove himself that he is better than Baba. Shouldnt be regular starter. Same for rest of the team.

Bertrand is doing well, we didnt show enough faith and trust in him, thats why he is not here anymore. Not because he doesnt have quality. But yeah instead we bought Luis and Baba for 20m each and neither is doing well under Mou. Good decisions, must be said.

I agree with you here mate, excellent post. That's one of the things I find most baffling about Jose especially this season. I think his viewpoint on Baba especially has almost infected a few on here, as soon as Baba started his first game, after ages of waiting to be 'ready' according to Jose, he makes a few mistakes in what's got to be a very nervy game for the young lad (seeing as one poster rightly before mentioned- footballers are human beings who are affected by lots of things) and people say on here 'Jose was right-hes not ready'. I was appalled at that, its become a mindset at this club and with football in general, this instant gratification.

• 1 month later...