Nemanja Matic

.Cee

58 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

There must be a bug, can't see any text...<_<

Hmm maybe it sent without text dunno...

Anyway I said that everton to us is not exactly rival unlike chelsea and united and therefore situation isnt the same IMO. We shouldnt sell Matic to them purely on fact that they are rivals and Matic together with Mou could make them stronger. Something different would be if Matic wanted to join stoke or west ham. We should not sell him to rivals regardless of his wish. This is football. I wouldnt sell him tho because I think he will come good. Or if he wants to leave, then sell him anywhere but to rivals.

I do agree about exchange. If they want Matic, they should give us someone valuable to them. Luke Shaw...

Definitely should not sell to United.

Regardless of the money, it stings to see Cech at Arsenal, Mata at United, Lampard at City, de Bruyne at City (even if we didn't sell him to them). David Luiz at PSG however is Okay. So was de Bruyne at Wolfsburg. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Definitely should not sell to United.

Lmao, it'll happen. I'm used to such decisions now, we're determined to do everything to strengthen our rivals but not ourselves :lol: 

50 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Lmao, it'll happen. I'm used to such decisions now, we're determined to do everything to strengthen our rivals but not ourselves :lol: 

Frustrating,

All other top clubs completely avoid selling to rivals. Modric to Chelsea , Rooney to Chelsea, 

Very few seem to rate him yet I'm seeing an abundance of 'don't sell him to United' comments out there. Surely if he's not thought of highly we should be selling him to United?

You play Mikel knowing that he is comfortable on the ball, defensive minded, will sit in front of the defence, won't score, won't burst past players and get out of position, knows how to foul and when, he quick enough to recover, can tackle and reads the game well. There is loads he isn't but thats why he is a defensive midfielder and you know if you play Mikel don't expect him to do things he can't do. Matic teases you, because he can and has scored. He can and occasionally does go past people. He can tackle. He can read a game. he has made good forward passes. So you play him thinking ok lets play Matic and Fab or Matic and Oscar or Matic and RLC expecting Matic to be able to do what you need. then he has a 6 or a 7 out of 10 game, isn't good enough to dominate and we get over run by a Watford midfield that is less talented but functionally know what they are doing and what their constraints are. He gets pulled after 70 minutes for Mikel and we then have a better shape. Mikel usually needs oxygen if he gets within 25 yds of goal, but we know what we're getting. If United want him sell at the right price.

We sold them Mata, we sell them Matic, next season Hazard returns to his '14-'15 Player of the Year form and Mourinho comes for him next summer knowing Chelsea have no issue selling to a direct rival. Or Guardiola wants to bid for him.

Just can't happen. Sets a terrible precedent.

21 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Very few seem to rate him yet I'm seeing an abundance of 'don't sell him to United' comments out there. Surely if he's not thought of highly we should be selling him to United?

Yeah but there's a difference in us not needing what he brings to the table and giving a rival exactly what they could need. 

You've written a great paragraph on how Matic does bring teasing qualities for us, but at a Jose favourite and seeing Matic's form when he rejoined us we should not chance him at United. It's like Barcelona selling Cesc to Real. A player they didn't really need but had all the qualities to be useful in another team. They were happier to sell to us than domestically, which makes complete sense. Just because he's less effective here, doesn't mean he won't be as, if not more, effective for a rival. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just can't happen. Sets a terrible precedent.

Don't think we can help that now, the precedent has already been set. We've strengthened our rivals both direct and indirectly. Directly when we sold Cech and Mata to Arsenal and Manchester United respectively; Indirectly when De Bruyne ended up at City and if Lukaku ends up at our domestic rivals'. 

If Jose realy wants him and Matic wants out, our board would be complete idiots if they dont demand ridiculously high fee.

United is spending like idiots, they are our rivals and Matic was important player for us. 

Slap starting price at 50m and then we will talk.

But yeah for the benefit of club picture we shouldnt sell him to any of our rivals. 

57 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah but there's a difference in us not needing what he brings to the table and giving a rival exactly what they could need. 

You've written a great paragraph on how Matic does bring teasing qualities for us, but at a Jose favourite and seeing Matic's form when he rejoined us we should not chance him at United. It's like Barcelona selling Cesc to Real. A player they didn't really need but had all the qualities to be useful in another team. They were happier to sell to us than domestically, which makes complete sense. Just because he's less effective here, doesn't mean he won't be as, if not more, effective for a rival. 

Like a knife thru butter LDN, you've nailed it. :D Jose can probably get the old Matic playing again, and against us aint good news.

The problem being - if Mourinho wants him, their board will probably sanction silly money, and our lot will let him go regardless of it being to an adversary.

-MIDFIELDER SET FOR MOURINHO REUNION?

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic could be set for a reunion with former Blues boss Jose Mourinho, reports The Sun newspaper.The Serbian midfielder, who Mourinho re-signed for the club during the first season of his second spell in charge of the Stamford Bridge club, has reportedly told club officials he wants to link up with the Portuguese at Old Trafford.In Chelsea’s 2015 double-winning campaign, the Serbian star was outstanding and ranked amongst the best defensive midfield players in Europe – but he was guilty of being one of the team’s biggest underachievers last season.Despite scoring a number of goals last season, including a stunner in a 3-1 defeat to Everton at Goodison Park, Matic looked unfit for much of the campaign and his performances subsequently slumped.Whilst Branislav Ivanovic, Eden Hazard, and Thibaut Courtois received the greatest amounts of criticism, it was in fact Matic’s horrendous early-season form that acted as one of the most significant catalysts in Mourinho’s eventual sacking last December.The Sun, however, claims that Matic has already told incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte that he wants to leave Stamford Bridge and join Manchester United.Chelsea and United haven’t had the best of relationships in previous transfer windows, with United repeatedly succeeding in scuppering Mourinho’s plans to entice Wayne Rooney away from Old Trafford, whilst the Red Devils had to fork out more than £37 million to sign Juan Mata in January 2014.Should Matic depart, Chelsea will need to bolster their midfield options, with AS Roma’s Radja Nainggolan a reportedly highly-rated potential replacement.

TalkChelsea.net

8 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

-MIDFIELDER SET FOR MOURINHO REUNION?

Seriously? He would play for the dude that subbed him on, then off again minutes later... 

Yeah - I wish I worked at the Sun - what do they have? A wheel of news - spin for club, spin for player, create rumour... 

Just a joke - it's worse than this Brexit shit

If anything of that is true that he wants out...Chelsea bought him back as sign of his good form for triple the amount they sold him for. He should show all the respect and fullfil the trust that was given to him. If he is not commited to work hard and play for Chelsea sell him outside PL. I couldnt care less about his feelings if he wants to dump us to join United.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, nono said:

Only sell if they give us Bonnuci. 

No doubt we will have to pay but that's how it should be. You want Matic, let us get Bonnucci and we give you money as well. 

I don't really care tbh where he goes as long as we get a good price. Pogba is moving this summer most likely and if we can't buy him outright we  should be looking to sell as much deadwood as necessary to help us finance his purchase. 

The only club I wouldn't sell to is Tottenham. Not because they are our competition, but because they didnt sell us Modric.