• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think by the time we play Cardiff in the 38th they'll already be relegated and their spirit broken because of it, which is good for us.

We have an impressive record at home this season, so while Sunderland and Norwich will draw their blood in those matches at the Bridge fighting against relegation, I actually believe we're nearly unbeatable (even when it comes to draws and not only defeats) at the Bridge.

Mourinho made our turf a fortress again and Eto'o's been really good playing there for us. So I believe while those two matches aren't to be taken lightly, I'm quite confident we'll get the job done at home. We only had issues recently about playing SMALLER teams away. We've been pretty good playing big teams away, which could be a good scenario for us.

A big team away - but one that doesn't know what it is to fight for a relevant title in a very long time, with an unexperienced manager in this stage and who may not overcome the psychological pressure and challenge of depending only on themselves to win a title 24 years later.

2 smaller teams at home - as said above, we don't vacillate in those

1 relegation team away at the last game week - when they could already be relegated mathematically and come play us with a broken spirit.

In the mix of it all, just two UCL semifinal matches. Sorry if I'm being arrogant about our chances, but in situations like those that this Chelsea have been showing character in the last few seasons. When we need to give that one last breath to finish the sprint we just do it. And we have a winning spirit unlike Liverpool at the moment.

Things won't be easy, but that 'Failure or Success season' thread could end up being the most idiotic thread ever opened in this forum...

So, the permutations for the title are...

Chelsea - Win last 4 games and we win the title.

Liverpool - They can afford to win 3 and draw 1 OR win 2 and draw 2 (provided one of them is against us) and still win the title. :rant: that goal difference!

To be honest if we don't win it becuase of goal difference, I will be incredibly pissed off. Much more so than if it were becuase Liverpool beat us at Anfield.

We can possibly win PL AND CL without a striker

:Goober:

Jose must know winning the CL is unrealistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put the game vs Atletico as second priority to the clash with Liverpool.

If we beat Liverpool, the league is ours. Whereas for the CL, we will have to go through Atletico twice, plus Bayern/Madrid.

I just knew City would mess up. There was a lot of pressure on actually winning those games in hand. Liverpool with their offence and lack of European football were the ones to be feared.

Win the final 4 games and the PL trophy is blue. It won't be easy but definitely possible. I have full confidence in a win at Anfield. Winning the CL as well would be mind-blowing but that's possible too.

Crazy weeks ahead and I'm loving it.

Jose must know winning the CL is unrealistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put the game vs Atletico as second priority to the clash with Liverpool.

If we beat Liverpool, the league is ours. Whereas for the CL, we will have to go through Atletico twice, plus Bayern/Madrid.

IMO, he will be after both. He is on the verge of making history, as being the only manager to win 3 CL titles with 3 different clubs. He ain't going to give up on this chance to make history.

Alright, after a bit of celebrating and a lot of panicking and hyperventilating, I've calmed down and now realize that the sensible thing to do is just focus on the next match and go into each match like we always do: to win it. There could still be a some twists in the race so there's no point getting ahead of ourselves. Just approach every game with calmness and self belief.