For the upcoming games against United and Arsenal, hoping the 'Big Game Chelsea' turn up. We've done alright in the big games under Mourinho, even if this season's results have been somewhat less than desirable.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are really hot at the moment, 7 wins in a row isn't nothing. They are only 1 pt behind City if City wins tonight. Plus Arsenal have the easiest fixtures left, they only have United and us as tough games.

To be honest, without the FA campaign there wasn't a title race at all.

Burnley - 2 pens not awarded, cards not given to that cunt but to Matic. Lost 2 points.

Southampton (a) - pen not awarded, 2 points lost.

Southampton (h) - our pen not awarded but their doubtful pen given, 2 points lost.

Spurs - pen not given, we lost in the end but could've had 1 point at least.

7 points taken away from us at least, for whatever reasons. I was really suprised with the penalty against Stoke, our first in 5 months.

And the only way they stand any chance is winning another 7 in a row. It's just very unrealistic imo. I would give them worse odds now of winning the title than i would have given them at the beginning of the season.

There fixture list may seem easy on paper but alot of them are against sides who are well and truly mixed in a relegation battle. All this talk about Arsenal's good form is just a ploy by the media to keep things interesting while it's really not.

My best guess is they will drop points at Burnley next week and that will be that.

To me City are still the one and only threat

And the only way they stand any chance is winning another 7 in a row. It's just very unrealistic imo. I would give them worse odds now of winning the title than i would have given them at the beginning of the season.

There fixture list may seem easy on paper but alot of them are against sides who are well and truly mixed in a relegation battle. All this talk about Arsenal's good form is just a ploy by the media to keep things interesting while it's really not.

My best guess is they will drop points at Burnley next week and that will be that.

they have a game against us and considering jose's record against whineger, i dont even care about arse-anals.

The difference between United, City and Arsenal are 2 points. And both United and Arsenal are in better form than City, both playing well. They are now all 3 equal in chances IMO.

It's not like the media made up the 7 win streak, they are really doing it.

Let's see if Mancity manages to beat Crystal Palace tonight.

I don't think the fans are afraid of Arsenal/United/City here, many are just cautious with their early celebrations/conclusions cause it's been too long since we've won it. I personally, take it game by game cause 1 game week can change a lot.

If you look at how the season has turned out so far, it feels like we and Arsenal are experiencing a similar season but only in reverse. We had a great first half of the campaign, picking up points and piling up the wins while Arsenal suffered the opposite and were inconsistent with their results. Now, we are slightly inconsistent and somewhat limping over the line while they are racking up the wins like there's no tomorrow.

I spoke to some friends who are Arsenal fans. They think they can challenge for the title and that they will beat us easily at the Emirates. Said to me that when Stoke was 1-1 hopes were rising.

Wow, Arsenal fans in Israel are the most pessimistic bunch, they dont give a shit about those garbage time wins right now, think it will always be the same as long as Wenger is there.

I would actually call them very reasonable-realistic fans, not pessimistic.

If you look at how the season has turned out so far, it feels like we and Arsenal are experiencing a similar season but only in reverse. We had a great first half of the campaign, picking up points and piling up the wins while Arsenal suffered the opposite and were inconsistent with their results. Now, we are slightly inconsistent and somewhat limping over the line while they are racking up the wins like there's no tomorrow.

Not really, no. We're not as slick as the start of the season but we're still getting results. Arsenal weren't.

Plus we both had tougher first halves of the season, but only we responded very well. Overachieved somewhat (not really but you get the point).

They are just having a more "normal response". Their tougher half season cost them points and their easier one gained them form. We have done the exact opposite.

I am trying to not get carried away as last year i was sure we were going to win the title and to be honest was crushed we didnt, so i am still taking it game by game, there is still alot of points on offer and some tricky games but it would be awesome if we could win it this year.

Its almost over. Its shocking that Arsenal is not going to win this year, because they squad is just better than ours, specially in attacking terms. Mourinho factor will explain the table at this moment.

How so? Compare the two squads from Saturday's matches.

Starting XI

Courtois > Ospina - easily Courtois is the better of the two, though Ospina is underrated, and it is criminal it took so long for Wenger to realise how much better he is than that Polish fraud.

Ivanovic > Bellerin - an unfair comparison given Bellerin's age, but Ivanovic - despite his numerous faults - has easily been the best right sided full-back in the PL this season.

Cahill = Mertesacker - they're both utterly useless in a high defensive block, but stick them in a deeper-lying system and they're two of the best block-tacklers around. Pretty even.

Terry > Koscielny - Koscielny is the best central defender Arsenal have had since Campbell, but Terry is still the best defender in the league.

Azpilicueta > Monreal - no debate even needed, Azpilicueta is the best one-on-one full-back in world football.

Matic > Coquelin - Matic offers far more than Coquelin, who is unbelievably overrated

Fabregas > Cazorla - tight, as I personally think Santi is Arsenal's most effective player, but overall in an attacking sense Fabregas is more pivotal to our system than Cazorla is to Arsenal's.

Oscar < Ramsey - he might not be having the best season, but neither is Oscar - but I think Ramsey gives Arsenal more in an attacking sense than Oscar does for us.

Willian = Ozil - Ozil can be utterly magnificent in one game and anonymous in the next four. Willian is consistently good for us whilst rarely being outstanding.

Hazard > Sanchez - very tight call, but Eden Hazard is the best player in the Premier League at the minute. Sanchez has dropped off after Christmas; Hazard has turned it on and been sensational for us.

Remy = Giroud - two very different strikers but Remy, despite barely playing, has won us five points in 2015 alone with his goals vs City, Hull and Stoke. Giroud is a great target man and technically he is criminally underrated. I love the way he is a threat in the air and on the deck - but right now, whilst he is scoring goals, his overall contribution to the team doesn't match the contribution of Remy. Both have their strengths, so I'd call this a tie.

Subs

Cech > Szczęsny - no comment even necessary.

Luis > Gibbs - as above.

Zouma = Gabriel - an unfair comparison, however, given the age gap, but whenever Zouma has played, he's been brilliant. Gabriel is relatively unproven at this level so I don't think it's far to pass judgement.

Ramires > Flamini - I like Flamini, he has a calming influence like Mikel, but Ramires is undoubtedly better, and more versatile.

Cuadrado < Rosicky - Cuadrado will come good, but I've always rated Rosicky. Whenever he plays for Arsenal, despite him being about 70 years old, he makes things happen. Cuadrado isn't having that impact.

Drogba < Welbeck - I love Didier and think he has a great ability to hold the ball up, but whatever pace he had is now non-extant and Welbeck, conversely, is a fantastic impact player.

Costa > Walcott - Walcott has been borderline useless since coming back from injury. Costa, when fit, is one of Europe's top strikers. No comparison.

This is entirely subjective and based on my opinion of how much each player offers to each respective team. It is quite clear from the individual comparison that we're far superior in terms of both our starting XI and our strength in depth. Compare the teams through each unit, also, if you will. In terms of defensively and our goalkeepers, we are streets ahead of Arsenal's options. It is tighter between the midfielders, but I'd choose Matic-Fabregas-Willian-Hazard-Ramires as a starting five over Coquelin-Cazorla-Ramsey-Ozil-Sanchez any day of the week. I rate Welbeck and Giroud but the two don't offer as much as Remy and Costa as a pairing. Arsenal are having a good season by their standards, but I feel you are seriously over-rating their squad. United, City and arguably even Tottenham have stronger squads. Arsenal have possibly the third best starting XI, but when you start looking at squad depth, what we and City have blows them out of the water. Their position is entirely dependent on how poor City's defence of the title is. I wouldn't even be surprised if City drew at Palace tonight, although, as it is a must-win game for them, they will probably just about scrape a victory.

As for the title race - mathematically we need 16 points to seal the title, as we have 70 points:

City's maximum total - 85

Arsenal's maximum total - 84

United's maximum total - 83

That means, from our remaining eight games, that four wins (12) and four draws (4); or five wins (15) and a draw (1) with two losses; or simply six wins (18) and whatever else; wins us the league. And that is entirely dependant on those teams not taking points off each other. I can see United getting a draw in the Manchester derby next week, whilst Arsenal have to play United. Throw in the fact that City also have to go to Tottenham, who'll still be right in the 4th/5th place battle at that point, and that United and Arsenal have to face us, too, those teams will definitely not pick up maximum points. It might even transpire that four wins alone might be enough for us. To throw it away from here would be the biggest capitulation in Premier League title history. I have faith in Mourinho and the players that we will do it. It isn't over, not by a long shot, but we've been fantastic all season and we are the only side that deserves the league crown.

How so? Compare the two squads from Saturday's matches.

Starting XI

Courtois > Ospina

Ivanovic > Bellerin

Cahill = Mertesacker

Terry > Koscielny

Azpilicueta > Monereal

Matic > Conquelin

Fabregas > Cazorla

Oscar < Ramsey

Willian = Ozil

Hazard > Sanchez

Remy = Giroud

Subs

Cech > Szczęsny

Luis > Gibbs

Zouma = Gabriel (an unfair comparison, however)

Ramires > Flamini

Cuadrado < Rosicky

Drogba < Welbeck

Costa > Walcott

This is entirely subjective and based on my opinion of how much each player offers to each respective team. It is quite clear from the individual comparison that we're far superior in terms of both our starting XI and our strength in depth. Compare the teams through each unit, also, if you will. In terms of defensively and our goalkeepers, we are streets ahead of Arsenal's options. It is tighter between the midfielders, but I'd choose Matic-Fabregas-Willian-Hazard-Ramires as a starting five over Coquelin-Cazorla-Ramsey-Ozil-Sanchez any day of the week. I rate Welbeck and Giroud but the two don't offer as much as Remy and Costa as a pairing. Arsenal are having a good season by their standards, but I feel you are seriously over-rating their squad. United, City and arguably even Tottenham have stronger squads. Arsenal have possibly the third best starting XI, but when you start looking at squad depth, what we and City have blows them out of the water. Their position is entirely dependent on how poor City's defence of the title is. I wouldn't even be surprised if City drew at Palace tonight, although, as it is a must-win game for them, they will probably just about scrape a victory.

Ozil is better than Willian but yeah, Chelsea is definitely better. The form has not been good in terms of performances in 2015, but let's not lose our grip on reality. Their options in the '3' are only superior.

Chelsea will win the league, no doubt it. And it's 'deserved', a season consists of two halves.

Last year we won the Big Teams league, but lost in the Other Teams league. This year we haven't been great against the top sides (though that can be amended by going unbeaten against Arsenal, United and Liverpool) but we've been terrific against the rest. Unlike La Liga, which is won by the victors of Barcelona-Real Madrid's two matches, the Premier League is won by the best team over 38 matches. Over the first 30, we've been the best team by a fucking mile. We have to win the league from here.

This is from the comments section from The Guardian. Think the blokes pretty much nailed it especially about Oscar. How can a kid go so backwards in a couple of seasons. Oscar is afraid to express himself and has completely lost his confidence. I am going to be massively pissed off if De Bruyne joins Man City and does well. As for Cuadrado he makes Shaun Wright Philips look like Luis Figo.

I've rarely seen a player as limited and average as that of Willian and Oscar starting this regularly for Chelsea, a team that has shifted Mata, Bryune, Schrulle and Salah to fit these players in. Intially there was this narrative that Oscar and Willian put in a defensive shift and run around a lot more than the likes of Mata and co. That seems such an English national team mentality!

Having watched qutie a few Chelsea games, I feel like the brilliance of Hazard completely overshadows the utter gash that's Oscar and Willian. What's the fucking point of Oscar? He neither defends, creates, scores or intercepts. What he does well is a lot of pressing. Fair enough. But what happens if you press a team, get the ball off them, and can't create anything from it? I presume you pass it to Fabregas, and he has the responsibility of finding Costa or Hazard. So, technically, out of 6 players in your team, only 3 can create or score goals. The other 3 are there to run around or defend. It's not shocking that Chelsea have underperformed in Europe and scraping past teams in last couple of months to the finishing line.

There were so many articles written about Mourinho intelligently addressed gaping holes in their squad by buying the likes of Fabregas, but looks like there are a lot more holes to be addressed that are just being papered over by the likes of Fabregas. I suggest a few youth players to be given their due chance next season - Baker, Ake and so, and not spunk money on another limited player and then sell/loan them to some other team.

This might seem too harsh, but it is an indictment of how poor this league is that a team as limited as Chelsea, is currently coasting towards a title