• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but with this team's behavior and attitude I don't know what's less ideal - playing under pressure or sit comfortably over an advantage - because that's what they do something, they sit. We see what happens when we take 1-0 leads. I hope Mourinho really works with those players' psychological aspect, they seem too comfortable in certain situations and they feel like they can win matches when they please (couldn't be farthest from the truth given our defense record in general and our chances conversion)... this worries me a bit, but I'm positive we'll be champions because if there's team that crumbles under pressure for sure, that's City. I can't bring myself to worry about Arsenal although it seems clear to me they'll end up grabbing that second place from City - which tells more about City than Arsenal themselves.

Could be an issue, but on the other hand I think the room for error we have now should help a lot, we can basically lose the next 3 games and it's still in our hands, that is a huge advantage at this stage.

One game at a time. Let's see what we do against Southampton first.

We are hardly playing well at the moment. Shouldn't be getting carried away regardless of the advantage we have.

Not so much carried away, however the advantage we have now is massive that even if the worse happens tomorrow (today technically but meh), it isn't an immediate issue.

6 wins and 3 draws is enough if City win 8 out of 9, 6 out of 11 would be bang average form for our standards but it should be enough, the result today for me was one of the moment's that started to really swing it hugely in our favour the same way Palace holding United did in 2005, for me anyway.

Ill never take anything for granted until it's mathematically sure, but I can't help but look at the situation and be incredibly excited.

Not so much carried away, however the advantage we have now is massive that even if the worse happens tomorrow (today technically but meh), it isn't an immediate issue.

6 wins and 3 draws is enough if City win 8 out of 9, 6 out of 11 would be bang average form for our standards but it should be enough, the result today for me was one of the moment's that started to really swing it hugely in our favour the same way Palace holding United did in 2005, for me anyway.

Ill never take anything for granted until it's mathematically sure, but I can't help but look at the situation and be incredibly excited.

Oh I'm not sure about that. We know how this place can take off if something goes wrong. ;)

I don't disagree with your point there but I would rather be cautiously optimistic/excited right now. It's the excitement/hope that kills.

Could be an issue, but on the other hand I think the room for error we have now should help a lot, we can basically lose the next 3 games and it's still in our hands, that is a huge advantage at this stage.

The advantage is there, it's real and as Mourinho said, anyone else would be happy to be at Chelsea's place right now. I also prefer this than having City or Arsenal sniffing our neck.

I just worry a little bit about how this team handles advantages. If they don't know how to properly approach games with a short advantage, I wonder how they'd do with so much room for mistakes. I'm a bit afraid they'll take the foot out of the pedal, get too comfortable and waste the lead. This lead should help us in case things go wrong against United, Arsenal and Liverpool, not Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.

I think a bad result tomorrow (draw or loss) is even acceptable - as Southampton is a good side, but then we should be winning those matches if we want to win the league. I hope the lads show up and play (something they didn't bother to do against PSG imo).

The advantage is there, it's real and as Mourinho said, anyone else would be happy to be at Chelsea's place right now. I also prefer this than having City or Arsenal sniffing our neck.

I just worry a little bit about how this team handles advantages. If they don't know how to properly approach games with a short advantage, I wonder how they'd do with so much room for mistakes. I'm a bit afraid they'll take the foot out of the pedal, get too comfortable and waste the lead. This lead should help us in case things go wrong against United, Arsenal and Liverpool, not Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.

I think a bad result tomorrow (draw or loss) is even acceptable - as Southampton is a good side, but then we should be winning those matches if we want to win the league. I hope the lads show up and play (something they didn't bother to do against PSG imo).

I feel like if PSG beat us in their home we would have come out with nothing to lose and beat them.

We have 64 points and ten games remaining. 30 points available.

City are on 58 with nine games remaining. 27 points available.

85 points is their highest achievable tally.

We need 22 points (7 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

Arsenal are on 57 with nine games remaining. 27 points available.

84 points is their highest achievable tally.

We need 21 points (7 wins, 3 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

United are on 56 with nine games remaining. 27 points available.

83 points is their highest achievable tally.

We need 20 points (6 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

7 wins from 10. Our last ten games (five at home):

Hull away - WIN

Stoke home - WIN

QPR away - WIN

United home - DRAW

Arsenal away - DRAW

Leicester away - WIN

Palace home - WIN

Liverpool home - DRAW

West Brom away - WIN

Sunderland home - WIN

That would give us 24 points. That would give us the title. Plus throw in the fact I am convinced we'll beat at least one of United or Liverpool at the Bridge. But my greatest confidence comes from the fact City still have to go to Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. They will not pick up maximum points. If they do, then fucking fair play. But it is totally in our hands and I am not panicking after a draw against a team in sixth that has only let in 21 goals all season.

We need 22 points (7 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

We need 21 points (7 wins, 3 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

We need 20 points (6 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats) from our last ten games to beat them to the title.

Hull away - WIN

Stoke home - WIN

QPR away - WIN

United home - DRAW

Arsenal away - DRAW

Leicester away - WIN

Palace home - WIN

Liverpool home - DRAW

West Brom away - WIN

Sunderland home - WIN

That would give us 24 points. That would give us the title. Plus throw in the fact I am convinced we'll beat at least one of United or Liverpool at the Bridge. But my greatest confidence comes from the fact City still have to go to Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. They will not pick up maximum points. If they do, then fucking fair play. But it is totally in our hands and I am not panicking after a draw against a team in sixth that has only let in 21 goals all season.

Can you imagine this place if we draw against Liverpool or United? Or heaven forbid lose against Arsenal. Oh god.

Good post, puts things into perspective.

Hull away - WIN

Stoke home - WIN

QPR away - WIN

United home - DRAW

Arsenal away - DRAW

Leicester away - WIN

Palace home - WIN

Liverpool home - DRAW

West Brom away - WIN

Sunderland home - WIN

A voice of reason! So refreshing for a change!

Hull away - WIN

Stoke home - WIN

QPR away - WIN

United home - DRAW

Arsenal away - DRAW

Leicester away - WIN

Palace home - WIN

Liverpool home - DRAW

West Brom away - WIN

Sunderland home - WIN

Thank you for collating my thoughts.

no, City fans thinks their team is horrible and only worrying about top 4. So congrats, a City fan is more rational than you...

they are playing horrible but still only 6 behind despite loosing yesterday so small boost even if small.Win sat then pressures on us which we better respond to.Hull shouldn't be a problem n if turns out to be oh dear.

qpr urgh tends to be a weird game for us.