City's next 4 games are definitely tougher than ours. We can get all 12 points and build momentum for the final more difficult act.

Uh?

we have Saints, Hull, Stoke and QPR - apart from Hull none of the others are 'gimmes'

Whereas City have

Burnley, WBA, Palace and United - I'd say easier fixtures except UTD

Southampton was a tough game this season, Stoke will be a bruiser too and QPR is always more ridiculous as a Derby match..

If we can get 10 points out of those fixtures - I will be happy, I just hope UTD have the performance of their lives and beat City - so they only take 9 points...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh?

we have Saints, Hull, Stoke and QPR - apart from Hull none of the others are 'gimmes'

Whereas City have

Southampton was a tough game this season, Stoke will be a bruiser too and QPR is always more ridiculous as a Derby match..

If we can get 10 points out of those fixtures - I will be happy, I just hope UTD have the performance of their lives and beat City - so they only take 9 points...

Burnley will be tougher for City than United will be :Goober:

Uh?

Whereas City have

We have Saints at home which is tough indeed. Hull away is relatively easy and last time we beat Stoke 3-0 at home I'm not worried about them that much. QPR are abysmal lately, but whatever, you can count that as a tough one because it's a derby and they are fighting for points although in current form I wouldn't be worried about them too.

Now City: Burnley away IS a tough one for them imo. Burnley can cause them problems (more than Hull to us), they even got a draw after losing 2-0 away at the Etihad. WBA of Tony Pulis is not a team you want to face when you need points (on par with Stoke at home). Palace away is always difficult to play more than QPR are normally. United away obviously tougher than Saints at home. Let me remind you that United haven't done badly vs top sides this season in the league.

LAB, on 11 Mar 2015 - 6:41 PM, said:

We have Saints at home which is tough indeed. Hull away is relatively easy and last time we beat Stoke 3-0 at home I'm not worried about them that much. QPR are abysmal lately, but whatever, you can count that as a tough one because it's a derby and they are fighting for points although in current form I wouldn't be worried about them too.

Now City: Burnley away IS a tough one for them imo. Burnley can cause them problems (more than Hull to us), they even got a draw after losing 2-0 away at the Etihad. WBA of Tony Pulis is not a team you want to face when you need points (on par with Stoke at home). Palace away is always difficult to play more than QPR are normally. United away obviously tougher than Saints at home. Let me remind you that United haven't done badly vs top sides this season in the league.

Not really. If you are away at a Pulis' team, then yes, it'll be difficult. But when they are on the road? It'll be easier. People seem to have forgotten that while his Stoke team was tough at the Britannia, they were almost non-existent away from home.

I don't know why everyone is so focussed on what City have to do and how hard/easy their schedule is. Its all about us! If we take care of our shit it doesn't matter what City do! We have a decent cushion and a game in hand...

City on 58 with 9 games to go.

We are on 63 with 11 games to go.

The most point's City can get now is 85, if they win 8 and draw one we need 7 wins out of 11 or 6 wins and 3 draws and we have done it. They need to win all 9 to even have the remotest sniff unless we have a complete meltdown.

Basically we can be above average from now on and still do it, it will take form mirroring the last 2/3 months of AVB to blow it now.

We win tomorrow and its but a formality. Too bad we're out of the Champions League, the rest of the season might be pretty boring.

We wouldn't win a Champions League anyway (still I have a bad taste when I think about this) but now I'm more disappointed that we went out of the Cup, against Bradford at home, winning 2:0. With the situation at the table now, we wouldn't be pressed to split the focus between Fa Cup and the league and actually put a real challenge for all 3 domestic trophies. Pity !

We wouldn't win a Champions League anyway (still I have a bad taste when I think about this) but now I'm more disappointed that we went out of the Cup, against Bradford at home, winning 2:0. With the situation at the table now, we wouldn't be pressed to split the focus between Fa Cup and the league and actually put a real challenge for all 3 domestic trophies. Pity !

right... the nice FA cup... <_<

After City got eliminated by Barca they will be mentally down a lot more than they are right now. After that they play against Tony Pulis's West Brom and Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace. It's too early to tell what's gonna happen but Jose told us to be optimistic so I'm very optimistic about the future. :)

City on 58 with 9 games to go.

We are on 63 with 11 games to go.

The most point's City can get now is 85, if they win 8 and draw one we need 7 wins out of 11 or 6 wins and 3 draws and we have done it. They need to win all 9 to even have the remotest sniff unless we have a complete meltdown.

Basically we can be above average from now on and still do it, it will take form mirroring the last 2/3 months of AVB to blow it now.

but with this team's behavior and attitude I don't know what's less ideal - playing under pressure or sit comfortably over an advantage - because that's what they do something, they sit. We see what happens when we take 1-0 leads. I hope Mourinho really works with those players' psychological aspect, they seem too comfortable in certain situations and they feel like they can win matches when they please (couldn't be farthest from the truth given our defense record in general and our chances conversion)... this worries me a bit, but I'm positive we'll be champions because if there's team that crumbles under pressure for sure, that's City. I can't bring myself to worry about Arsenal although it seems clear to me they'll end up grabbing that second place from City - which tells more about City than Arsenal themselves.