I think the win at Hull pretty much cemented the title. I was so worried we were not gonna show the resolve necessary to hoist the title but after getting knocked about a bit in the first half and then seeing the miraculous saves from Courtois, I was left not only buoyed when Remy hit the winner but also supremely confident we have the mettle to win the title! 6pts with the game in hand against the most likely team to get relegated has me waking up each day thinking those bookies who paid out early are geniuses.

If the Southampton game and the Hull game are any indication of how we are going to play here out we should be elated! In both games we employed a high line, it seems as though Jose is going to attempt to seal the title playing the sort of football we played at the beginning of the year. That would be the perfect way to book end a fantastic season!

Courtois' triple save pretty much locked us in the for title.

Hazard is without question about to cement his status as a Chelsea legend. We win the title and he wins POTY and its a lock! We might be witnessing the greatest Chelsea player of all-time if his trajectory continues to point upwards. He is now looking like a talismanic figure at the club, a guy who you can depend on week in, week out to be at his best.

2yrs under Jose and now we once again look like the team ready to dominate for years. I really can't wait to see what year 4 and 5 under Jose will look like! We have now become the most desirable place in England to come play.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is everyone downgrading premier league all of sudden just because we are about to become champions? Every media is acting like PL is worthless trophy this year or sth.

I know all english teams are out, but every news i read are like chelsea wont become better side even if they win PL because league is shit. They are pointing it out like anyone can win it nowdays.

Everything just to downgrade chelsea.

Allthrough its true that its not as difficult as some other years. United is shit, arsenal and pool are their ususal selves and city are bottlers this season even in england. But it doesnt make it easy league anyway.

Is it just me or is everyone downgrading premier league all of sudden just because we are about to become champions? Every media is acting like PL is worthless trophy this year or sth.

I know all english teams are out, but every news i read are like chelsea wont become better side even if they win PL because league is shit. They are pointing it out like anyone can win it nowdays.

Allthrough its true that its not as difficult as some other years. United is shit, arsenal and pool are their ususal selves and city are bottlers this season even in england. But it doesnt make it easy league anyway.

I think there is a case to be made that the PL is poorer than a few years ago .. IMO Man U were poor champions .. City scraped it last year and we are

aren't completely convincing. But as they say you can only beat what is put in front of you . It would be nice to see a little more style tho

No, the league is pretty shit. It has been declining for several years. People have been saying it for years, even in 10/11 people were saying that Man Utd were the worst champions in years.

• 2 weeks later...

even in 10/11 people were saying that Man Utd were the worst champions in years.

They won with 80 points. And in 30+ fixture we went to old traford when a win meant we're going on top. And im pretty sure it was the weakest Chelsea we've ever been since Roman came, we playerd awful.

10/11 was an awful season for european football in general. 3 of the 4 best teams from 09/10 went down hard (Inter, Chelsea, Bayern). And a poor Man u team got to the final, to lose easily to Barcelona.

They won with 80 points. And in 30+ fixture we went to old traford when a win meant we're going on top. And im pretty sure it was the weakest Chelsea we've ever been since Roman came, we playerd awful.

10/11 was an awful season for european football in general. 3 of the 4 best teams from 09/10 went down hard (Inter, Chelsea, Bayern). And a poor Man u team got to the final, to lose easily to Barcelona.

not even close. our 12/13 team was without a doubt the worst in roman era

not even close. our 12/13 team was without a doubt the worst in roman era

Really? The 2010/11 team was certainly the worst IMO. No inspiration. No excitement. No nothing. Just pure stagnation from start to finish, with a bunch of players who were already over the hill.

Really? The 2010/11 team was certainly the worst IMO. No inspiration. No excitement. No nothing. Just pure stagnation from start to finish, with a bunch of players who were already over the hill.

i agree about no inspiration and excitement. but dont forget that when that same group of players were given the motivation, we won an fa cup and CL double. that team had character and balls.

i agree about no inspiration and excitement. but dont forget that when that same group of players were given the motivation, we won an fa cup and CL double. that team had character and balls.

That was before and what happened when that motivation sort of went out of the window? They went AWOL, to put it kindly.

That was before and what happened when that motivation sort of went out of the window? They went AWOL, to put it kindly.

i think u misunderstood me.

it was not before. i am talking about the 11-12 season where we won the fa and CL double with almost the same group of 10-11 players. the only players to have a substantial amount of contribution who were not in our 10-11 squad was mata and even his was minimal.

the 12-13 period for me was the darkest era. firing our cl winning manager when we were 2nd in PL coupled with fsw's appointment, our absolute lack of identity, half hearted displays, asenine subs, that performance against QPR at home, idiotic transfers like marin and average ones like moses. all in all, it looked the bleakest moment for me,

it was not before. i am talking about the 11-12 season where we won the fa and CL double with almost the same group of 10-11 players. the only players to have a substantial amount of contribution who were not in our 10-11 squad was mata and even his was minimal.

Apologies for mistaking the timeline of events but still doesn't exactly take away the point.

the 12-13 period for me was the darkest era. firing our cl winning manager when we were 2nd in PL coupled with fsw's appointment, our absolute lack of identity, half hearted displays, asenine subs, that performance against QPR at home, idiotic transfers like marin and average ones like moses. all in all, it looked the bleakest moment for me,

While replacing RDM with Rafa was wrong on every sentimental level, it was right for the evolution of the club.

RDM for me was the tale of two jobs, his interim spell he did amazing even before putting the two trophies into account, he managed to rally a squad of players that looked lost and devoid of motivation and won the double against all odds, I still to this day argue against the people who say he just sat there and let the player's take charge.

The full time job however was too much for him and Roman forsaw that which is why he hesitated giving him the gig in the first place, I can't prove it but my theory is he wanted to make the change in the summer but held back because he didn't want to ruin our "summer in the clouds" after Munich, all this talk when Robbie was sacked of Roman disrespecting the fans but i honestly think he only gave RDM the full time job in the first place because we wanted it so much.

In his full time spell we looked a better more talented version of his WBA team, started well, had some impressive results but quickly got found out and nosedived massively after that, 2 wins in 9 (one of them being in ET against Uniteds ressies) isn't just bad form, it's relegation form.

Rafa and Chelsea was the ultimate marriage of convenience for both parties.

At the same time won the Europa League which in theory makes it automatically a better season than 13-14 or any other trophyless season as well. Also we signed Hazard, Oscar, Dave, Cahill in Jan 2012, Mata and Ramires both had 2 of the best seasons of their career. Agreed it was far from perfect but also far from 'dark' time either. For me the dark time in modern day is from 2006-07 to 2009 where we were so close but ended up winning nothing sigificant. Then again in that 'dark time' we finished 2nd and runner up in CL...etc which is better than 98% of other clubs.

11-12 was a freak campaign, happens once every 10-20 years or something, I wouldn't go too much into it.

At the same time won the Europa League which in theory makes it automatically a better season than 13-14 or any other trophyless season as well. Also we signed Hazard, Oscar, Dave, Cahill in Jan 2012, Mata and Ramires both had 2 of the best seasons of their career. Agreed it was far from perfect but also far from 'dark' time either. For me the dark time in modern day is from 2006-07 to 2009 where we were so close but ended up winning nothing sigificant. Then again in that 'dark time' we finished 2nd and runner up in CL...etc which is better than 98% of other clubs.

11-12 was a freak campaign, happens once every 10-20 years or something, I wouldn't go too much into it.

Sometimes things need to be looked at in context, the season should be evalued in two ways for me, trophies and progression made by the club.

Like in 11/12 I was ecstastic with what we won but anything but happy with our overall performance in the season whereas last season I obviously wasn't happy going trophyless but happy with progress made.

Call me crazy but I kinda enjoyed the 'mess' that happened in the 2011/12 season. Plenty of ridiculous ups and downs, especially when we were playing a game every 3-4 days from start to finish.

It was good at the start till about November because I believed AVB was going to do good with us, December till AVBs departure was a complete mess but the RDM spell was quite exciting culminating in a double win against all odds.

Obviously means to an end an all that but I after Naples especially thought we were heading down the same path Milan have found their way down.