Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

lol what else would he say? Fernando and Demba had been crap and not up to Chelsea standard? There is a unwritten rule in football of never criticizing your own players in public, look what happened to Man City last season after Mancini broke this rule. The right way to deal with it is just to drop the player like Pellegrini is doing with Hart, Jose doing with Cole and Casillas.

We aren't getting Falcao because we as a club don't have any money anymore, FFP means Roman is soon practically almost useless to the club now.

He talked about team organization and dynamics, which is true in a sense. Chelsea aren't looking for poacher, but more for a complete striker. One's that can not only score but also play in a way that will suit the philosophy of the team.

Jose called Pepe, Casillas and quite a few Real players crap though, right?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He talked about team organization and dynamics, which is true in a sense. Chelsea aren't looking for poacher, but more for a complete striker. One's that can not only score but also play in a way that will suit the philosophy of the team.

naaa don't think he did, he just dropped him without explanation. But I might be wrong.

I cant see mourinho putting Schurrle up front, as that would basically be saying. Our strikers are not good enough that none of them can start over an attacking midfielder up top.

I think we should try schurrle up top as he has the characeristics to be good there. But i really can't see it happenning.

doesn't he do the same to Bertrand and Cole when he puts Azpili in the left and says he has two #1 players for the LB position meaning Azpili as one of them? :ph34r:

But I do agree with you on André being kept as a winger. I don't feel compelled to see him as a striker or a false 9, although I was sold on the idea at first.

Nailed it. This is why Falcao will never play for us as hes a poacher who doesn't necessarily do anything other than score (which isn't a bad thing I suppose but still)

doesn't he do the same to Bertrand and Cole when he puts Azpili in the left and says he has two #1 players for the LB position meaning Azpili as one of them? :ph34r:

But I do agree with you on André being kept as a winger. I don't feel compelled to see him as a striker or a false 9, although I was sold on the idea at first.

Well, i think we should put Schurrle upfront.

But Putting Azpi in over Bertrand and cole isn't close to putting Schurrle in up top...

I mean this is 50 mil torres, Ba who we bought last christmas, and Eto'o. Cole was having a bad run so he put the right back in at left back. It doesn't have the same impact. 3 fit strikers losing out to a winger, is not the same to a left back getting injured then struggling on return so got replaced by a world class right back who should arguably be in the team anyway.

I don't see Arsenal spending one pound. Where exactly can City improve? They need to gel the new players and the new manager's tactics, they don't need new players.

United need everything... reason why I don't see them getting what they need the most

CB? I feel if they get an established CB to partner Kompany, they'll be favorites for the title.

CB? I feel if they get an established CB to partner Kompany, they'll be favorites for the title.

and keep him fit.

But Nastasic- Kompany is a pretty decent partnership. Not sure how Demichelis and Kompany are going to partner up but the only area that needs any sort of reinforcement, at the Ethihad, is the CB dept.

Nasri and Navas are great players IMO. Good enough ..

Great players? Nasri is extremly inconsistent, he's having an ok season but when was he realy 'great' except half a season in Arsenal?

All Navas does is running wide.. a very flat RW. Both of them wouldnt get into the first 11 of Bayern, Real, Dortmund, Barcelona, Chelsea, PSG.. so i dont think they are good enough for a club who spends so much on players every summer. CIty are playing with only 2 AM's and i think Silva needs a better partner there if City wants to be as good as the top 3-4 teams in Europe. Its no coincidence they chased Isco all summer.

and keep him fit.

But Nastasic- Kompany is a pretty decent partnership. Not sure how Demichelis and Kompany are going to partner up but the only area that needs any sort of reinforcement, at the Ethihad, is the CB dept.

Nastasic is an incredible prospect. I was livid that he didn't win young player of the year last season. But he still lacks some experience which can be vital in crucial games, like the last minute mistake he did against.

I also wonder if Pelligrini will be looking for GK. Maybe not in Jan, but probably in the summer. Pantilimon(?) has done well since coming into the side but they will no doubt want a top keeper between the sticks if Hart doesn't regain his place by the end of the season.

Ideally in a game like this I would like to see something new and refreshing:

_________________Keeper and back four______________

_____________Ramires___________Oscar_____________

Willian_______________Hazard________________Schürrle

____________________whoever______________________

Anyways, people keep talking about Mata and Oscar, but we haven't tried Eden + Andre + Willian. Think that might work very well actually. All of them can play football, but can run and do the defensive work also.

Best possible team in my opinion. Really does not matter who plays as striker as they are all crap.

I'll be completely honest and no disrespect to this player as he has been incredible the past few seasons but this season he has been appalling in all areas.
Ivanovic has to be dropped and Azpi replacing him.

My starting line up tomorrow would be :

Schwarzer

Azpi - Luiz - JT - Cole

Rami Oscar

Willian Mata Hazard

Ba

Reasons for oscar playing deeper is i'd like to think we will be the dominant force tomorrow and will be attacking most of tomorrow so oscar would actually still be more of a support player than anything.

I'll be completely honest and no disrespect to this player as he has been incredible the past few seasons but this season he has been appalling in all areas.

Ivanovic has to be dropped and Azpi replacing him.

My starting line up tomorrow would be :

Schwarzer

Azpi - Luiz - JT - Cole

Rami Oscar

Willian Mata Hazard

Ba

Reasons for oscar playing deeper is i'd like to think we will be the dominant force tomorrow and will be attacking most of tomorrow so oscar would actually still be more of a support player than anything.

I really like this lineup and if Mourinho played this it may be a true changing of the guard