Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

Sorry brah. Chelsea may be 4-2-3-1 on paper, but most of the time the formation is 4-3-3.

Especially, when OScar and Lampard play together, which is like 90 percent of this season.. THe ams arent adjacent to each other, Oscar has to retrieve the ball most of the time he plays..

A true 4-2-3-1 is not Chelsea.

bro, we are very much playing a 4-2-3-1. the reason oscar is sometime on the same level as lamps is cos lamps-mikel more often than not are unable to provide any service to our 3 AMs. so oscar has to come deep to retrieve the ball and start an attack. also playing 4-2-3-1 does not mean the 2 cant go ahead. look at city for instance, yaya and fernandinho are almost as high up as nasri/navas, yet they are the deep midfielders. so our base formation IS 4-2-3-1 and definitely not a 4-3-3.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the team would have a couple of suprises no matter what. but this would be mine

schwarze

iva DL JT cole

lamps rambo

willian oscar hazard

BA

any1 who expects a cake-walk is going to be in for a suprise. its a TONY pULIS side and palace have anyways earned 10 points in their last 5 game and have won 3 off the last 4 games.

i expect a hard fought 2-1/3-1 win.

ps - schurrle would be the first player in the history to get "dropped" after scoring 2 phenomenol goals... :)

Schwarzer, KDB ,Luiz and Oscar nailed on starters hopefully.

If De Bruyne can't even start in a 75% dead rubber game yesterday against Steaua, what makes you think he will do so against Palace here when we need the 3 points ahead of Arsenal next week?

Moreover with this being Palace under Tony Pulis coming to the Bridge likely to park the bus, think Mata would be much more suitable than Oscar here to break them down.

Mourinho confirmed in his post-match interview he's starting Cech, so I guess you guys can drop Mark from your formations.

I don't know what to do of our CAM position, supposing Ramires is back (Mourinho also confirmed the guy needed a rest and that's why he didn't play much) we will improve slightly in the pivot, but I don't know who to pick between Mikel and Lampard. I mean Lampard is the best option, but he was a sub against Stoke, played yesterday against Steaua and I don't fancy playing him three times in a row.

Based on performance (and even opponent) Schurrle and Eden should start imo and I think we should rest Terry now and play Luiz and Cahill. Mourinho should give our captain some rest because we'll need him on his best against Arsenal and Liverpool as we'll be facing some of the best attacking sides in the league, one of which away.

bro, we are very much playing a 4-2-3-1. the reason oscar is sometime on the same level as lamps is cos lamps-mikel more often than not are unable to provide any service to our 3 AMs. so oscar has to come deep to retrieve the ball and start an attack. also playing 4-2-3-1 does not mean the 2 cant go ahead. look at city for instance, yaya and fernandinho are almost as high up as nasri/navas, yet they are the deep midfielders. so our base formation IS 4-2-3-1 and definitely not a 4-3-3.

Fernandinho never in attack for City.

Which is why people in England are calling him a flop..

Also, City play 4-4-2, not 4-2-3-1 this season..

Whenever, Lampard and Oscar play, it is essentially 4-3-3. Lampard is ahead of everyone on the field.

Fernandinho never in attack for City.

Which is why people in England are calling him a flop..

Also, City play 4-4-2, not 4-2-3-1 this season..

Whenever, Lampard and Oscar play, it is essentially 4-3-3. Lampard is ahead of everyone on the field.

all u have said is the same thing but just ina different way.

i just explained to u why lamps and oscar play on the same line a lot of time.

also, city lines up as 4-2-3-1 with aguero playing behinf negredo rather than along side him. also ther have been matches where fernandinho has been involved ina lot of attcking. for eg - norwich, spurs, whu, etc. he is been called a "flop" so far cos he has been un-influential in defence and attack specially when compared to some1 like toure.

all u have said is the same thing but just ina different way.

i just explained to u why lamps and oscar play on the same line a lot of time.

also, city lines up as 4-2-3-1 with aguero playing behinf negredo rather than along side him. also ther have been matches where fernandinho has been involved ina lot of attcking. for eg - norwich, spurs, whu, etc. he is been called a "flop" so far cos he has been un-influential in defence and attack specially when compared to some1 like toure.

Negredo started 4 games.......

it's usually Silva-Fernandinho-yaya-nasri

with aguero -dzeko/negredo.

They play 4-4-2. Last season, Tevez played as their 10 and Aguero up top.

We play with Lampard and Oscar attacking through the mid with Rambo essentially as the shield.

Cech

Azpi Kalas Terry Cole

Chalobah Lampard

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Lukaku

Bench: Schwarzer, Luiz, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, De Bruyne, Mata, Torres

Oh that would be nice.

What we'll probably get

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Azpi

Ramires Lamps

Oscar Mata Hazard

Ba...or Torres....or that old black guy who looks like someone who used to be good.

Everton are playing Fulham at home at the same time - a team in blue, giving young players a chance and playing expansive football, plus that West London flavour.

Negredo started 4 games.......

it's usually Silva-Fernandinho-yaya-nasri

with aguero -dzeko/negredo.

They play 4-4-2. Last season, Tevez played as their 10 and Aguero up top.

We play with Lampard and Oscar attacking through the mid with Rambo essentially as the shield.

when rambo and lamps play together it is ALWAYS rambo who does the running and lamps who acts as a shield. for eg- the man city game where rambo was the far more mobile one compared to lamps who just put in tacles. what u r saying is the exact opposite and is making no sense what so ever.

for city it is

-------fernandinho------------

---------------------yaya------------

navas---------aguero----------nasri

----------negredo---------------