• Mata (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm more upset that we didn't capitalize and win :(

Maybe this game was exactly what we needed. I mean, Mourinho sent a team to the pitch (a team we didn't really agree with) and that team failed to perform. After the HT everything changed with Mata on the pitch and Mourinho surely felt the difference. So if he realizes this and starts using him among other things, we will surely improve. A point from the White Hart Lane, while both Manchester clubs lost, is decent.

Nobody is for individual players, at least I am not.

But if someone like you keep posting here, Mata needs to defend better & he should be sold if he does not adapt to Jose´s clueless decision, then some of us object to it. That´s all.

and that's fair. We disagree about it. I think if Mata doesn't take responsibility in the work rate we expose our already weak pivot... you may disagree. Mourinho acted on what he believed was better for the team and seeing as how the teams in Manchester are struggling, I think our adaptation isn't even affecting our run for the title that much.

As for the individual players, it happens, bush, let's not deny it happens because it does. Mata isn't the only one, Hazard, Torres, Mikel among others have had situations that it seemed like people were putting them above the club's interests and the manager's objectives (whether because they're supposedly too good or too bad). It happens and for some people it's normal, for others it's annoying...

Also I never told Mata should be sold, I didn't take part in the comments suggesting he should. I did say months ago that if he was benched too much he would leave the club - but it doesn't need to be an Einstein to come to that conclusion. He's a top player, if he doesn't fit for whatever reason, after one season he will probably want to leave. But I'm against him leaving and I've said in the so nice thread about who should be our #10 that we desperately need him to perform in high level because Oscar on his best day isn't nearly creative as he is. But we also need him to take defensive responsibilities imo.

So how about both of us be happy as Mata is playing better, showed incredible attitude to press and tackle today and still could be consistent in the attack? Also both Mans lost, so it only ices the cake ;)

I don't think it fits me at all really. Thats why I said I didn't even have Mata as my favorite. I just keep noticing you like to flame the discussion, talk about 'them' in general terms so everyone and none should feel addressed. You go all hyperbole when the argument crosses your apparent agenda. Yes, that bugs me a bit, because you say you hate moaning, but really ... it is all you do about Mata, about Hazard, about people that see their worth, about people that have a point on Mou, ... You even came to the pub complaining that you would probably be coming to the forum drunk - it would make it more bearable or what?

So please, stop the marterhood - I think you are a barraqueira. Period. Now you can go right back to blocking me and reporting this post.

I don't know why you say I keep flaming discussions if you're the only one that reacts, lol I discuss with other people here all the time and I don't feel disrespected by them and they never told me they felt disrespected by me. Once again I think my comments must hit close to home to you.

Also if you can't distinguish what's moan about the team, the club, the board, the manager and assessing individual performances on matches I can't do anything. The only player I have been complaining about is Hazard. I don't expect you to agree on that. But I'm not the only one, so yeah, I guess other people also think he's been one of our worse players this season... About Mata, I post an worshiping post about him 30 minutes ago.

Really, go read other threads and see if people are reacting to me the way you think they are. They aren't.

My post on the pub was because I don't get why people moan so much in between the matches about everything related to the club, but I even asked Raphael if he feels that's a cultural thing as in Brazil we are much more carefree about our clubs and only react during matches.

I think you should learn better what barraqueira is, as after all the word in portuguese describes your post much better than describes any of mine.

I recognized 3 interceptions harassing opposition players into positions where we could win the ball back and also an excellent 1v1 tackle that stopped a flying spurs counter as well as he did some dirty work in the swindon match as well if that answers your question

He has done similar tackles before, nothing new there.

Mourinho made a mistake today by not subbing off Torres. Yes Torres was MotM for me too, but I could see he was going to pick the second yellow any time and I recjon our coaches should've seen it too. I know it's tough to sub the best player on the pitch, but you do what's best for the team.

As usual I'm unhappy with Mikel's performance, yes his passing was mostly good but his defensive work not so much. I don't understand, for example, why he always jogs back when he's behind the line of play; he should've been sprinting to get back and try to help as soon as possible. An additional man in the box could've prevented the passing and Spurs goal.

Oscar crosses were bad because they were all low. He should've lifted the ball in most of them. Hazard had a very good first half in my view. Like the way he moved and his aggression. JT and Luiz were great.

BTW, I voted Torres for MotM, but Ramires was a monster in the middle; his defensive work, movement and speed were just too good for Spurs. Mata had a great second half too, as expected.

BTW2, I still wanted to have gotten Debele - great pivot player.

Flashes of greatness in the second half... hopefully we can build on that.

you know Mourinho really is The Special One when all goals Mikel scored was under him and Torres is voted the MOTM twice in a row.

One has gotta to be special to make those things happen.

And I don't get why in the live thread match I said where could I sign for this Torres to never leave and some (rude) guy said it could be in his butt cheek... Torres is playing really well and I'm sure much better than said butt check :P

Mata finally playing well. We desperately need him to play at his best level and Mourinho already said he's going to start against Steua.

He continues to lose some balls - and a couple of them today were in dangerous zones (one of them near the corner - in our field), but some things about him won't change and if he can contribute in the attack we can hope that those kind of balls won't compromise. He's been trying hard though and that's more than many on his place would have done. He's classy and a fighter and changed the game for us.

Torres my MOTM though. He was absolutely great and I wonder what his critics will say now, because in his thread earlier this week they were badmouthing him because it was against Swindon. Today he raped the best defense in the EPL. So what now?

So now he should continue kicking ass

and that's fair. We disagree about it. I think if Mata doesn't take responsibility in the work rate we expose our already weak pivot... you may disagree. Mourinho acted on what he believed was better for the team and seeing as how the teams in Manchester are struggling, I think our adaptation isn't even affecting our run for the title that much.

As for the individual players, it happens, bush, let's not deny it happens because it does. Mata isn't the only one, Hazard, Torres, Mikel among others have had situations that it seemed like people were putting them above the club's interests and the manager's objectives (whether because they're supposedly too good or too bad). It happens and for some people it's normal, for others it's annoying...

Also I never told Mata should be sold, I didn't take part in the comments suggesting he should. I did say months ago that if he was benched too much he would leave the club - but it doesn't need to be an Einstein to come to that conclusion. He's a top player, if he doesn't fit for whatever reason, after one season he will probably want to leave. But I'm against him leaving and I've said in the so nice thread about who should be our #10 that we desperately need him to perform in high level because Oscar on his best day isn't nearly creative as he is. But we also need him to take defensive responsibilities imo.

So how about both of us be happy as Mata is playing better, showed incredible attitude to press and tackle today and still could be consistent in the attack? Also both Mans lost, so it only ices the cake ;)

I don't know why you say I keep flaming discussions if you're the only one that reacts, lol I discuss with other people here all the time and I don't feel disrespected by them and they never told me they felt disrespected by me. Once again I think my comments must hit close to home to you.

Also if you can't distinguish what's moan about the team, the club, the board, the manager and assessing individual performances on matches I can't do anything. The only player I have been complaining about is Hazard. I don't expect you to agree on that. But I'm not the only one, so yeah, I guess other people also think he's been one of our worse players this season... About Mata, I post an worshiping post about him 30 minutes ago.

Really, go read other threads and see if people are reacting to me the way you think they are. They aren't.

My post on the pub was because I don't get why people moan so much in between the matches about everything related to the club, but I even asked Raphael if he feels that's a cultural thing as in Brazil we are much more carefree about our clubs and only react during matches.

I think you should learn better what barraqueira is, as after all the word in portuguese describes your post much better than describes any of mine.

One thing still puzzle me about you dear bara.

So much written but so little said. Repetitiously.

I thought it was a good game. Freaking woke up at 6:30am, but left to go to the gym when Jose went for the draw...

EL NINO I SAW and Vertoghen/Dawson were pretty crappy today...

On the other hand, Townsend and Walker were ripping apart the left side and I've come to the conclusion we have the most unathletic center midfield combo in Mikel-Lampard in probably the whole BPL....

Anyways, Tottenham have been playing well, so a draw isn't that bad of a result.....

On a side note, we really need to decide what we're going to do with our ams... Too many on the squad and we play defensively ALOT, so....

Impressive performance in 2nd half until the undeserved red card. Torres looked very good, so did Mata. I'm happy for Mata, a lot of things clicked for him today and he showed his worth.

All in all 1-1 away at Spurs is an okay result.

commentary on BT was about the most biased ive heard and that includes andy fucking gray and tony tosspot gale ...

Owen Hargreavs before the game called Willian and Lamela number 10's :doh:

It wouldn't wind me up so much if they weren't on good money.

Oh did he ?

I don´t think so. Jose has done nothing to better Mata. Today, Mata showed us what he is all about.

He just needs to play as No 10 & your samba boy needs to watch closely. perhaps, you should stick with your stats, you are good at it.

to call Oscar a samba boy is disgraceful and demonstrates your ignorance