• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Mata (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

This is the only time Mata has performed this season, and he's been a participant in 2-3 other games, when he played in those games he was dreadful. Still can't get a good argument against Jose Mourinho, well done.

This is only his second start in the PL (if I'm correct) and with the exception of the first half against Hull we have played some dreadful football and had to rely on getting lucky scrappy goals to get wins (as against Fulham).. Same again first half against Tottenham, soon as we put on Mata e play like Champions.

Still trying to making a poor attempt at starting a fight, well done.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the goal can't remember A spuds shot on target let alone a Cech save!!!! 70 mins of dominance away from home!!!!!

Mourinho says @juanmata10 will start v Steaua on Tuesday having earned it with his last two performances. #CFC

This is only his second start in the PL (if I'm correct) and with the exception of the first half against Hull we have played some dreadful football and had to rely on getting lucky scrappy goals to get wins (as against Fulham).. Same again first half against Tottenham, soon as we put on Mata e play like Champions.

Still trying to making a poor attempt at starting a fight, well done.

A poor attempt? You can't even get your facts right because Mata didn't even start this game. And he has started a PL game, it didn't go very well.

You want to have a cheap shot at Mourinho just for the sake of being controversial, calm down Harry.

If Arsenal don't win today we will be two points off the top having played 3 of the top 6 away (yes, i still believe Everton are better than Liverpool), not to shabby.

Hopefully we can hear the end of the Jose doubters, Mata had his best game in months probably since January, his pressing and overall game is looking alot better and even Torres is looking like a footballer again (as great as he was today, i need to see him perform consistently for months before i comp-template humble pie, we have been here before). He is the best in the business, when will the penny drop?

Jose took a risk at half time with the sub to go for the draw, isn't that refreshing after the rigidity of Rafa?

I've said it before - but I really think Hazard's poor performances this season go hand in hand with Juan not playing that many minutes this season.

He's our main creative threat when Mata isn't on the pitch so he gets crowded out by three players. With Juan on he has more space to express himself.

I disagree with this, I think over one performance people take things a little too far.

He still needs higher work rate, and I would much rather have Oscar on because he actually works hard. Saying Hazard can't perform because Mata isn't there is just silly, if I recall correctly he has had one of his best performances ever against Bayern and that was without Mata.

Torres finally know what is required of him hope he continue this performance it really encourage the fans to back him up as the first team striker, did not watch if all but good to know he put a good game now let hope he do more after his red card.

We were better in the 2nd half and surely would have won it, if it wasn't for some expectedly horrendous refereeing. whenever we are coming from behind to win a big match, Torres gets an unrightful red card.

But where were those scare Paulinho and Sandro guys? Did not see any of them. When we had 11 men in the second half Lamps had them in his pocket.

Did Lamps have Eriksen in his pocket for their first? Nah. It was also shocking Mourinho took Mikel off instead of him. I severely doubt Lampard ever has anyone 'in his pocket' to be totally honest.

A poor attempt? You can't even get your facts right because Mata didn't even start this game. And he has started a PL game, it didn't go very well.

You want to have a cheap shot at Mourinho just for the sake of being controversial, calm down Harry.

I'm just making my point as to why I think Mourinho was wrong in not giving this guy a run of games and collaborate it with the crap performances we gave without him. Consider it as my gratitude for putting Mata on for the second half.

Again its just you trying to pick a fight because of some stupid grudge you hold (that you really need to get over). Oh well its the ignore list for you.

I disagree with this, I think over one performance people take things a little too far.

He still needs higher work rate, and I would much rather have Oscar on because he actually works hard. Saying Hazard can't perform because Mata isn't there is just silly, if I recall correctly he has had one of his best performances ever against Bayern and that was without Mata.

As I said before - I'm not basing it on this game in particular though. I'm basing it on what we saw last season and during this season in general. The chemistry between Mata and Hazard was sublime on so many occasions last season.

Hazard has in general been poor this season, there's no denying that, and I really think Mata not playing too often is partly responsible for that.

Mata's work rate was pretty great today, he really got stuck in defensively and pressed pretty well when he came on. He keeps that up for the rest of the season and he'll easily be one of the nailed on starters under Mou.