• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Mata (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

How exactly Jose helped Mata ? Did he tell him to play well ?

no, he benched him while he wasn't performing well and challenged him to prove him otherwise. Something I don't expect some people to understand behind their tinted glasses - don't know if you do.

Players can get comfortable with their status and that more often than not detract their improvement unless they're highly self-motivated. Mata wasn't and Hazard isn't. Mata has been completely forgettable (or even bad) in two matches and played well against Swindon. Mourinho was true to his words and brought him today during half time and already said he'll start against Steua.

The thing is in your head he should have been played since the start at all matches - screw which form he was and what his contributions (good or bad) to the team and the match were. Not everyone think like that and our manager proved to be right again, not that some people will actually accept it. They won't.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the trip to White Hart Lane, one of the most difficult trips of the season, is behind us and we gained one point over both Manchester clubs. We can be really happy! Let's hope Swansea can produce something similar.

no, he benched him while he wasn't performing well and challenged him to prove him otherwise. Something I don't expect some people to understand behind their tinted glasses - don't know if you do.

Players can get comfortable with their status and that more often than not detract their improvement unless they're highly self-motivated. Mata wasn't and Hazard isn't. Mata has been completely forgettable (or even bad) in two matches and played well against Swindon. Mourinho was true to his words and brought him today during half time and already said he'll start against Steua.

The thing is in your head he should have been played since the start at all matches - screw which form he was and what his contributions (good or bad) to the team and the match were. Not everyone think like that and our manager proved to be right again, not that some people will actually accept it. They won't.

Oh did he ?

I don´t think so. Jose has done nothing to better Mata. Today, Mata showed us what he is all about.

He just needs to play as No 10 & your samba boy needs to watch closely. perhaps, you should stick with your stats, you are good at it.

2 big games played...2 points...could've been worse.Need to beat the rest of the teams around us/who can be dodgy and crap and get a run going.Not the easiest place to go and we've been dodgy there many seasons since loosing our record that time.Torres sending off...respect the ref is hard when they are crap

Mata stepped up, exactly what Jose asked of him.....isn't difficult is it?

Mata performed because they had to play to score, when they play with the mindset to score most players we have will play well.. this was the difference.

Mourinho's underlying tactics are built on defence, if he doesn't switch this around we'll continue to see a lot of underperforming players... he's expecting all the players to change around to his style, perhaps he should switch....

Oh did he ?

I don´t think so. Jose has done nothing to better Mata. Today, Mata showed us what he is all about.

He just needs to play as No 10 & your samba boy needs to watch closely. perhaps, you should stick with your stats, you are good at it.

Looool so bitter. Give José some credit... These last two games Mata showed a lot more hunger than the previous ones

Oh did he ?

fair enough, Bush. We can disagree. I think Mourinho challenged him. You think Mata has been amazing since the beginning and Mourinho refused to see it. Let's agree to disagree. As I said, you stand by your player, I stand by our manager.

As for Oscar... I think he needs to play better than he did today, so we agree on that, I suppose.

for some people around here it is. Especially when it touches their Player FC, I mean, their fave players.

I am really fed up with this sneaky bullshit 'on the fence kind of comments'."some people" - as if that gives you any authority or brings weight to the argument.

Personally, Mata for example isn't even my favorite at all. Never was. Some people just acknowledge what this guy does for the team and support their players. It showed again this match. It is so screwed up to say he became better because of the Mourinho treatment. I think he crawled out of that demotivational hole despite of the treatment, really.

fair enough, Bush. We can disagree. I think Mourinho challenged him. You think Mata has been amazing since the beginning and Mourinho refused to see it. Let's agree to disagree. As I said, you stand by your player, I stand by our manager.

As for Oscar... I think he needs to play better than he did today, so we agree on that, I suppose.

Jose benched him, nothing else. Clueless decision in my view. No reason for it. Play your best player for two years running, that´s what Jose should have done. Oscar may play but not as No 10. He still has got a lot to learn from Mata. Trust me on it Bara.

Of course it's in a match where Torres actually plays really damn well that he goes on to do such dumbfuckery again. The actual sending off was BS, that was nevert a yellow. But it's hard to feel hard done by when he should have had a direct red for that hand in Vertongens face, disgraceful stuff by him and extremely dumb to do that.