• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Mata (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

you know Mourinho really is The Special One when all goals Mikel scored was under him and Torres is voted the MOTM twice in a row.

One has gotta to be special to make those things happen.

And I don't get why in the live thread match I said where could I sign for this Torres to never leave and some (rude) guy said it could be in his butt cheek... Torres is playing really well and I'm sure much better than said butt check :P

Mata finally playing well. We desperately need him to play at his best level and Mourinho already said he's going to start against Steua.

He continues to lose some balls - and a couple of them today were in dangerous zones (one of them near the corner - in our field), but some things about him won't change and if he can contribute in the attack we can hope that those kind of balls won't compromise. He's been trying hard though and that's more than many on his place would have done. He's classy and a fighter and changed the game for us.

Torres my MOTM though. He was absolutely great and I wonder what his critics will say now, because in his thread earlier this week they were badmouthing him because it was against Swindon. Today he raped the best defense in the EPL. So what now?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Lamps have Eriksen in his pocket for their first? Nah. It was also shocking Mourinho took Mikel off instead of him. I severely doubt Lampard ever has anyone 'in his pocket' to be totally honest.

It was Mikel's man. The Lamps-Mikel pivot does not work we all know that. But we dominated Spurs for 70 minutes. You don't do that with a shit pivot.

As I said before - I'm not basing it on this game in particular though. I'm basing it on what we saw last season and during this season in general. The chemistry between Mata and Hazard was sublime on so many occasions last season.

Hazard has in general been poor this season, there's no denying that, and I really think Mata not playing too often is partly responsible for that.

Mata's work rate was pretty great today, he really got stuck in defensively and pressed pretty well when he came on. He keeps that up for the rest of the season and he'll easily be one of the nailed on starters under Mou.

It's only the start of the season.

Hazard wasn't that impressive at the start last season except for the first 3 games, and he went off track for quite a while and then when it came January time (his favorite time of the month) he started to play really well.

It's got nothing to do with Mata, and work rate isn't a thing you can base off one game, it's your mentality, he may be able to work hard one game because anyone can work hard, but can he do it every game? Mata is a player, ever player has there own egos and beliefs, it's not guaranteed he's going to be working that hard every game, we've seen players not keep it up.

I just disagree with your point that Hazard needs Mata to perform well, I really don't think that's the case.

this reminded me of the Norwich game 2 seasons back i think

Torres had a great game and had scored then got sent off, he was shit after that

hopefully that won't happen this time

It was Swansea. And I do hope you're right. Its just to me that it seems every time Torres gives a fiery performance he always looks vulnerable to get sent off.

Torres MOTM, no doubt about that, in my opinion. I don't know what's happened to him lately, but his attitude is as good as possible! As I said before, he is our main striker. Clearly in better form than Eto'o or Ba. Good job, Fernando!

Great half-time break for Mourinho, he's done some intense magical shit since we've been so good during the second half.

Just another thing that I'd like to say. During the second half, I think Torres missed a chance, Spurs recovered the ball and went on a counter-attack, but one of our players stopped them by sliding in our half. Was that player Mata? That was my sensation, I couldn't see his number because of the bad quality of my stream.

if it's the play I remember, it was Lampard...

You can clearly see Mata is working his ass off when he doesn't have the ball; this has definitely come about because Mourinho told him he needs to adapt. Mata is only going to get better under Mourinho - good for Chelsea :).

Mata was fantastic, but how many times did you see him in the running as much as he did today? How many times did you see him recovering possesion, running for the ball, helping the defenders? Mourinho knows what he's doing! And this game was the proof.

Same goes for Torres, His attitude improved so much lately. Mourinho is an absolutely astonishing motivator.

This^^^

Mata has gotten better defensively fantastic for us. Jose has motivated him into a better player.

But jose must know that ramires is our best CM. He is our best CM. If he wants defending on the right, just play schurrle or willian there.

I'm just making my point as to why I think Mourinho was wrong in not giving this guy a run of games and collaborate it with the crap performances we gave without him. Consider it as my gratitude for putting Mata on for the second half.

Again its just you trying to pick a fight because of some stupid grudge you hold (that you really need to get over). Oh well its the ignore list for you.

You're arguing against logic, Mata has not performed since this very game yes? So how the hell can Mourinho be at fault when it's took him this time to actually start performing when he's had his chances.

It's a big squad, no one gets the upper hand because of a reputation, you need to perform well to keep your place, everyone knows that.

So you're blaming Mourinho because he can't predict or see the future that Mata is going to have a good game this match, the only thing managers can do is judge on there performances of there last games. You don't realize how stupid you sound here.

It was Mikel's man. The Lamps-Mikel pivot does not work we all know that. But we dominated Spurs for 70 minutes. You don't do that with a shit pivot.

Well it was Lampard who Eriksen ghosted by, but it doesn't really matter. We dominated the second half mainly because of the quality of our attacking players. Those top two players being Mata and Torres, not Lampard.

I think Jose's comments on none of the strikers we have can play in close spaces made Torres work on that part of his game .. he has been skinning a lot of defenders where over last 2 and half years would just lose the ball and end up on his ass..

Well it was Lampard who Eriksen ghosted by, but it doesn't really matter. We dominated the second half mainly because of the quality of our attacking players. Those top two players being Mata and Torres, not Lampard.

I would also say the leg work ramires did to hide the fact that lampard couldn't get out to his man.. shit I even saw Hazard complete a succesful slide tackle and win us possession vs. Dembele.. Mourinho at work there

I really should have known Terry would score today. I just took him off my Fantasy team yesterday! :lol:

At least I believed him and put him as Chelsea first goalscorer in the prediction league here :lol: So I'm waiting for my points!

It was 100% Lampard's man for the goal, watch it again. Mikel left to press ahead of him and Lampard lazily left Eriksen unmarked which allowed Eriksen to start the creation of the goal.