Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted. Really gutted with the result. We defended brilliantly for long periods with 10 men, never looked out of place and pushed the European Champions all the way till the end. As Sheva said, it just felt so disgusting when the ball dropped for Martinez and he scored. Sickening! We had the better chances which we should have converted at least another but sadly didn't. Otherwise, proud of the players' performance. The effort, commitment, desire and determination were immense!

not complaining, only started watching around the 75th min. So all I got to see was a parked bus...Again(due to the red I guess). I would have used the young excuse of the players weren't so expensive.

pity THEY were magnificent

Schurrle was good at the right side.

That's what I've wanted before the match against Manchester United.

I think we could have won against Manchester if Schurrle had started at the right as Evra is not that good, often leaving players running in his back.

Schurrle had a fabulous game. The red obviously changed everything in a game he could've had more influence as the game wore on.

The only disappointing thing for me was we should of won the game in normal time, we had all the chances but didn't stick them away, Bayern had plenty of possession but created next to nothing.

I said after the Utd game people just need to be patient cus we will get better & better as the season progresses & this performance against the EC that dicked Barca 7 nil bodes well for the rest of the season, you can only look to it as a massive positive despite the cruel way we lost. Some fantastic performances & to think we have some top quality players to come in that have yet to play........

Nothing but admiration for team and strangely enough this defeat will make them stronger for it. Detractors need to bury their heads in the sand and come back in May when the trophies are handed out!

Weird me too - I was working late and driving home and texted my bro that exact scoreline he didn't believe me :)

It's just everything balancing out again - next time we'll smash them and when it counts - maybe in a CL Final.

We and Utd destroyed them twice in a CL Final - let the Munchens have a worthless trophy, we all know they are Sausage eating surrender monkeys when it counts :)

I think we deserved to win. It's a defeat that's hard to swallow, but alot of positives to take from this defeat. We showed even with our young team that we can hang with the best and we will only get better. And besides let's not forget that we won the one that actually mattered 15 months ago. This is just a mere consolation for them and baldyola.

I'm proud of this team :wub: I'm proud of Mourinho :wub:

There is no doubt we were the real winners today. But the fact is that It was out destiny to lost this match, just like it was our destiny to win the UCL in 2011/2012.

I'm not mad at all, because I know this team is the best and it will be even better.

BTW, Lukaku missed the penalty but, from now on he will put efforts twice as much and make us proud. This Chelsea team is just amazing.

Clearly shows we should not sit deeply. I mean even with 10 men there was time when we crowded the midfield. We are underestimating our attacking power. Just press it and its all good.

Seriously? Mind posting your explanation on how we should be pressing Bayern with 10 men against 11. You make it sound so easy to do so.

Can be proud of that performance.

As for the Man of the Match Poll there should be an everyone option

Every player - Superb, all brilliant. Great effort, especially with ten men. Feel very proud. We won when it mattered.

It wasn't to be tonight but we are in good hands and the future is bright!

As we lost tonight, it was only a European Charity Shield and anyway we're Top of the league, and having a laugh! :dance:

Again, read my other posts about me pointing out what happened the first time we went 1-0 up.

Good lord its like people are just learning how to read

Dude... did you even see the equalizing goal? that had nothing to do with philosophy and everything to do with individual brilliance. They scored very early in the second half not as a result of us sitting back but Ribery finding a good gap to hit a fabulous strike.

You clowns nit pick everything... Would you rather us play cavalier like Barca did and get destroyed 4-1? We had a lead and it came as a result of us defending well and hitting them on the counter, nothing changed after they scored we were still looking to hit them on the counter and but for some dumb luck we would've executed that perfectly.

So sick of so called supporters nit picking results with nothing really to add.