Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

People who are trying to find so many excuses, such as "came for 1 point and we got it" or "it's Manchester United we played against!" do it just because they don't want to criticize Mourinho. Who the hell cares if we came for one point, since it's pretty clear that we could've won THREE instead? This is the weakest team United has ever had since I'm a football fan and it was the perfect moment for us to create some distance and show that we're more powerfull than them. We have a better squad, a lot of creative midfielders and a striker who scored 3 goals against them just a few months ago. Yet, Mourinho let Mata and Lukaku on the bench and chose De Bruyne and Schurrle for whatever reason which I cannot understand. It looked like he missed a pair tonight, with all due respect.

I don't know about you all, but if the Chelsea he's trying to build is just another "we don't want to lose games" team, then all of our hopes will be in vain. I, at least, can't agree with this mentality.

One question for everyone defending the way he treated this game: what if Benitez was on our bench tonight? What would've been your reaction in that case?

Completely agreed.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on paper a point in OT is good, but whoever watched the match and felt the same, really is settling for too little.

That match couldn't have been more uneventful...

We had a chance to score a win because their team was pretty pathetic. You don't play in your own turf so pathetically like that. It seemed like they were playing away. Moyes was afraid of what Mou had planned and the unexpected formation only contributed to that.

I think it wasn't a good formation, but honestly, with how our AM played today Ronaldo and Messi would have trouble receiving a ball to score. So Torres, Lukaku, André it doesn't make a difference imo.

Eden needs to get a grip... this isn't pre-season anymore, not sure if he realized it. He tried, but he's still too shy, too harmless, too quiet. Yeah defensively he tried, but that's not what he should be putting his best efforts. The same could be said about Kevin in the first. André and Oscar were only slightly better - as they actually had a couple of shots on goal - that were really either off or harmless as well, but still better than doing nothing at all.

Then in the second half it seemed like Kevin was going to do something while Oscar seemed to have entered sleepy mode, but Mou took Kevin off.

So that's why it felt like a waste. In theory is a good result, but the actual match was an invitation for us to show attack prowess and be at least dangerous, but our AM was null and void. Our pivot with Lamps in the first half was terrible. He didn't mark, he didn't distribute, he didn't do anything other than point to others who they should pass the ball to, lose possession, pass the ball to the defence and nothing else.

I'm not going to blame Mourinho or exempt him because he didn't play... when he planned to have 4 AM I bet he thought they would try... I don't know... to score. They tried nothing. So the lack of target man may have been a mistake. I wonder what would have worked when the team was simply uninterested.

And ManUtd was pathetic. I know I said it already, but really, that's not how you play at home. Moyes showing some of his true colors: respect the big competition, even in your own turf... pathetic from him and from the team

For those who say Hazard was very poor and invisible today: he made 5 dribbles and 2 tackles according whoscored.com.

I know that doesn't say everything but you can't blame him for the tactics Mourinho chose today...

we draw away at the champions and apparently some are complaining ...for me this was one of Jose's best results ...

this was a match we just COULD NOT AFFORD to lose ...FUCK entertainment save that for when we are at the Bridge

Points have been made already early in the season

1st game - Torres was so-so

2nd game - Ba was shite but Lukaku showed promise

3rd game - Shurrle is not a striker, Torres was poor.

I don't know if the board are refusing to pay a certain price for Rooney or someone, but a point has defiantly been made

Have I really seen someone (not you Cosmin, you made a good point) just say Laudrup would have been a better choice after 3 games, top of the league.

It's the sort of mentality we take the piss out of yet someone actually is thinking that way? Jesus

People who are trying to find so many excuses, such as "came for 1 point and we got it" or "it's Manchester United we played against!" do it just because they don't want to criticize Mourinho. Who the hell cares if we came for one point, since it's pretty clear that we could've won THREE instead? This is the weakest team United has ever had since I'm a football fan and it was the perfect moment for us to create some distance and show that we're more powerfull than them. We have a better squad, a lot of creative midfielders and a striker who scored 3 goals against them just a few months ago. Yet, Mourinho let Mata and Lukaku on the bench and chose De Bruyne and Schurrle for whatever reason which I cannot understand. It looked like he missed a pair tonight, with all due respect.

I don't know about you all, but if the Chelsea he's trying to build is just another "we don't want to lose games" team, then all of our hopes will be in vain. I, at least, can't agree with this mentality.

One question for everyone defending the way he treated this game: what if Benitez was on our bench tonight? What would've been your reaction in that case?

And whose to say it would have been 0-0 of rafa was in charge. You can criticise Jose all you want but were we or were we not defensively solid. Man city lost to Cardiff yesterday and we draw vs United.

. And that mentality won us two league titles.

Edit: and the reason people are saying that is because we are playing against United. It's the third game of the season. We can't win the season already. Keep it tight and beat them at the bridge. I would have made different subs but i can't criticise the result. Being annoyed that with a draw at old Trafford is just crazy, especially this early in the season.

Seriously somebody voted for De Bruyne? He was absolutely awful tonight. Every pass he mad found a Man Utd player. He will continue to be inconsistent, but he's definitely a fantastic talent. Certainly doesn't deserve the pedestal he's been put on by some of our fans already. Tonight's game will have been a real wake up call for some people.

For those who say Hazard was very poor and invisible today: he made 5 dribbles and 2 tackles according whoscored.com.

I know that doesn't say everything but you can't blame him for the tactics Mourinho chose today...

I agree.

Hazard was our best player up forward, moreover, he helped out defensively. Made a brilliant clearance.

Why are people complaining? Really? REALLY?!

Well, I'm biased as I'm not a big fan of Mourinho as his teams are not great in possession of the ball.

Just look how Real with a much better squad had difficulties beating Manchester last year while Manchester were just sitting deep and not that impressive defensively. With some intricate passing and movements, they should have easily beaten them.

Just look at our back 6 when we had the ball, they were almost alway staying in their position, creating nothing and we have not big forwards that can outpace outmuscle the players in front. Lukaku, Schurrle with his pace.

Ramires staying so deep is for me is a waste.

But if we have 85 pts at the end of the season, great.

But for me I would have liked to see what Benitez could have done with pre-season training, some midfield reinforcements as we had a good basis in our play in the last three four months.

we draw away at the champions and apparently some are complaining ...for me this was one of Jose's best results ...

this was a match we just COULD NOT AFFORD to lose ...FUCK entertainment save that for when we are at the Bridge

True. Still. Mou at his worst. Squeezing points.

United played their strongest possible side and were at home while we played without our best player and no striker and they still couldn't win.

We played pretty poorly and still get a nice point. Defense was immense.