Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Seriously somebody voted for De Bruyne? He was absolutely awful tonight. Every pass he mad found a Man Utd player. He will continue to be inconsistent, but he's definitely a fantastic talent. Certainly doesn't deserve the pedestal he's been put on by some of our fans already. Tonight's game will have been a real wake up call for some people.

Did we watch the same game?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is getting ridiculous ,, I an a great supporter of Lukatu and hope ans believe he will become great for us ,,,, BUT give it a fucking rest

. If Jose thinks the time isnt right ,,then I am willing to trust him ...The attitude on here to a GREAT RESULT is fucking unbelievable

I think he is off, something don't seem right does it?

Exactly,the man who is the best Chelsea player last two seasons that does not get any playing time in this big match?He is the sort of player who could make diffrence tonight.

If he is off than we should buy Rooney,he is the only one who can replace him.

Although I prefer Mata more.

Good result, our attack non-existent.

I've been trying to understand the Torres sub, but I can't find a reasonable explanation. Odd to say the least.

Because of his record at OT and his likeness of owning Vidic....didn't happen today though. Lukaku might have done better IMO

Came looking for a draw and got it alright.

Pretty sure that was Mou's plan, maybe he even planned the score being 0-0.

I had a feeling that it was gonna be that kind of game..

Anyways in a few months this point will look good, and we will forget how terrible we played (good defending, though.)

too funny honey

I'm serious, I edited my post. I meant: 'I'm NOT saying he's shit, or he should warm the bench' (but I ate the NOT when typing) because I'm not crazy. I just think he's still too quiet. I understand why he's quiet during pre-season, but this is the third match already and he still seems too quiet.

Is it a criticism? Only a mild one, it's more like a plea for him to wake up and start showing his magic.

The problem continues to be the attacking midfield. This guys can't do a counter attack. They are slow, they are not objective, they are unprepaired to be in the starting 11 of a team like CHelsea.

We can't play with 3 attacking midfielders that only know how to play in the center, and Mata is just one more who don't have the quality to play on the wing.

We played with the guys that have a great work rate, and we got what we wanted.

But don't expect this team to do a good counter attack because they can't do it

Tje person who bought Oscar, Mata, KdB don't know nothing about football, because they can't play together. They are all great players but it doesn't work.

The fact is that we never lost against United(maybe a better United than the one we played against today) with Rafa in charge. Hate it or love it.

We were defesively solid, yes, but they still managed to create more chances than us.

And how is it relevant in this matter that City lost to Cardiff?

Maybe we didn't loose to United during Rafas reign, but remember what happened against QPR at the Bridge? Just putting it out there...

united werent playing brilliant at all. they were bad, created only one proper chance in 90 mins and their passing has been awful. but mourinho killed the game for us with this line-up und we clearly were happy with the point in the 2nd half. if we would have played more offensively, I could see us easily winning the game. wellbeck and valencia were so bad and cleverly also had an off game. Rooney and Carrick the best for United, RVP mostly invisible. terry/cahill were massive. hopefully cahill gets some credit because some people on here think he isnt a good defender.

and to the people saying a draw is great result: yes, if we would have played a great united, than yes. today they have been woeful. and last season we dominated them in all games but Mou decided to play the football he is known for, sit back and just counter-attack which didnt work out at all. we could have easily grabbed massive 3 points but Mou didnt have the balls to do so.

That's what I don't understand.

Why not give Lukaku some minutes as we played counter-attack.

And besides that, except Schurrle and Lukaku, our other offensive players are not great counter-attackers (Hazard with Benitez but with a game plan and more on combination not on instinct and outmuscling, outpacing, playing like a forward), Ramires who is great at it is wasted sitting deep.

Btw, ref was terrible. Absolutely spineless. Valencia should have been sent off in the first half for that tackle on Oscar (which he didn't even get a YC for!) and United should have had a pen for that handball on Frank.

Not really. Even Garry Neville says it's not a penalty, moreover he was so close you can't give penos from there.

His worse decision was the Cole decision. Could easily have been a pen.

God these Moyes interviews look terrible.

Mourinho interviews>>>>>>>>>>Anyone

Moyes is being a useless idiot. He's trying to hint that ref's have been favouring us.

Says the manager of Manchester United.

Finally someone see what a joke Moyes is, did you see that banner the chosen one? You mean the absolute no-one!

Favouring us he gave Utd everything, we had a stonewall penalty not given, and Kevin must be the only person to get elbowed in the face, gushing with blood and HE gets booked? Terrible refereeing.

Moyes GTF.

Anyway as for us, I think we did not bad, no sure I agree with no striker but sadly when Torres came on it was still like we didnt. I thought all the defenders were brilliant, and also Frank well done, i thought Oscar wasn't too good tonight he gave the ball away alot I would have played Mata.

The problem continues to be the attacking midfield. This guys can't do a counter attack. They are slow, they are not objective, they are unprepaired to be in the starting 11 of a team like CHelsea.

We can't play with 3 attacking midfielders that only know how to play in the center, and Mata is just one more who don't have the quality to play on the wing.

We played with the guys that have a great work rate, and we got what we wanted.

But don't expect this team to do a good counter attack because they can't do it

Tje person who bought Oscar, Mata, KdB don't know nothing about football, because they can't play together. They are all great players but it doesn't work.

oscar wasn't bought to be a CAM. And maybe the coach doesn't fit the team.

That game was just dreadful but then again, can already expect it with all the big hype and buildup before the game. Will always end in a dull, cagey 0-0 game. It certainly did tonight though Mourinho's approach contributed towards that as well that but understandable. It's only the third game of the season, still early and we just took a point away at one of our title rivals. A point at Old Trafford isn't always disastrous. A decent point to take for a developing team. Take it and move on. Can only get better as the players play more games together.

Exactly,the man who is the best Chelsea player last two seasons that does not get any playing time in this big match?He is the sort of player who could make diffrence tonight.

If he is off than we should buy Rooney,he is the only one who can replace him.

Although I prefer Mata more.

I think he is just not 100 percent fit so Jose didn't want to risk him in this big game. I believe as Jose said Mata is staying at Chelsea.

A good result. I don't like how we lined up for it and the tactics of the game. But it is a good result. Why no mata? Why no Lukaku? Why no forward passing? Why no attacking?

A great defensive display though, we were solid. Good result.

I'm worried for mata and Lukakus future though...