Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

united werent playing brilliant at all. they were bad, created only one proper chance in 90 mins and their passing has been awful. but mourinho killed the game for us with this line-up und we clearly were happy with the point in the 2nd half. if we would have played more offensively, I could see us easily winning the game. wellbeck and valencia were so bad and cleverly also had an off game. Rooney and Carrick the best for United, RVP mostly invisible. terry/cahill were massive. hopefully cahill gets some credit because some people on here think he isnt a good defender.

and to the people saying a draw is great result: yes, if we would have played a great united, than yes. today they have been woeful. and last season we dominated them in all games but Mou decided to play the football he is known for, sit back and just counter-attack which didnt work out at all. we could have easily grabbed massive 3 points but Mou didnt have the balls to do so.

Although we weren't great tonight we did the job and got a point at old trafford. Our attack didn't really start clicking up to the 60th minute where we had some chances. I think Hazard and Oscar were good tonight but we needed more creativity from them and we're definetely missing Mata. Torres was trying too hard to dribble at players and didn't do anything special, would've preferred to see Lukaku. However I am really happy we kept a clean sheet and prevented united from playing their game. Yes we could've gone for the win but the draw away to united shows we mean business and are the team to beat this year. KTBFFH

God these Moyes interviews look terrible.

Mourinho interviews>>>>>>>>>>Anyone

Moyes is being a useless idiot. He's trying to hint that ref's have been favouring us.

Says the manager of Manchester United.

De Bruyne gets elbowed in the face and given a yellow for it, and somehow we're favoured?!?

Awful game, but great point.

We should have been active during the first half. This system doesnt really work as too many similar players bunched together.

Second half was better.

In hindsight, we beat united a few times last season and then ended up fighting for top 4, while they went on to become champions.

This was dull but also means we are not 3 points behind them so early in the season, i.e. once they play their 3rd game.

We are frontrunners and can have sexy performances against other teams.

As long as we dont lose to any big sides, and keep winning against lower placed teams, we should have the best chance of winning the title.

However, i do not wish to see this formation and performance ever again.

Awful game, but great point.

We should have been active during the first half. This system doesnt really work as too many similar players bunched together.

Second half was better.

In hindsight, we beat united a few times last season and then ended up fighting for top 4, while they went on to become champions.

This was dull but also means we are not 3 points behind them so early in the season, i.e. once they play their 3rd game.

We are frontrunners and can have sexy performances against other teams.

As long as we dont lose to any big sides, and keep winning against lower placed teams, we should have the best chance of winning the title.

However, i do not wish to see this formation and performance ever again.

For those who say Hazard was very poor and invisible today: he made 5 dribbles and 2 tackles according whoscored.com.

I know that doesn't say everything but you can't blame him for the tactics Mourinho chose today...

and how many good chances came from those 7 plays? How he offered something to the match? Please, stats like that only cover a very invisible presentation. He wasn't the only one though, so I hardly blame him, but he's not even shadow of how he started, let alone finished the season. I see no progress from pre-season at all.

And I'm NOT saying he's shit, he should warm the bench or anything... I'm just saying right now he's playing the same as Mata played - except Mata had no pre-season between extended vacation and injury. This is the one match he could have solved for us and he did nothing except add a couple of stats that won't marginally give him anything except support of biased fans who might even vote for him as MOTM because no matter how shitty - or invisible like today - he plays, there are always people saying he's the best in the pitch (not saying you think so).

And you can't blame Mourinho for how utterly harmless Hazard was in a match he could have killed. He did nothing, he tried a couple of dribbles, but most time he received the ball he did nothing deserving of mentioning...

Rather than cry about Hazard not being able to create magic on his own surrounded by 3 people, let's look at the real issue. Our build up was non existent, none of the attackers were presented with opportunities to effect the game.

Regardless of who it is, if you're receiving the ball with 3 players on you and the rest of the defence back and in position and no options. You're not going to be able to do much.

Mourinho played defensive football but, defensive football does not = 0 attack.

We had 4 attackers out there, and they all managed to play badly. No width, no drive, nothing.

We will play like this vs Man city also, but if we select better forwards, we will be able to do damage on the break.

It literally sums of the vast majority of Chelsea fans now adays and their pathetic attitude. This has been easily one of or the hardest games of the season, and we got out of there with a point. And people are complaining? :rolleyes:

Our players were bought for hefty prices due to their POTENTIAL. They still need to develop. No way are they ready to just full on attack United at Old Trafford and expecting a result. Especially when they are the reigning champions

Second off, thank GOD Mourinho actually knows the quality that Michael Carrick has (unlike the lot of you) and packed the midfield to diminish any space he would find to pick out RVP.

Top of the league, Moyes has still yet to win at Old Trafford. Stop fucking complaining.

Lol @ carrick part, our midfield was the exact same as against hull or villa, schrulle didn't play as a false 9 but as a striker.

The football with this material is shit, and it will remain shit. Mourinho is the best manager in the world but there are better managers for this kind of squad. Laudrup for example. I'm not basing this on 3 chelsea games but on football from 2005-2013. Because i have watched atleast 95% of all matches with jose as a coach INCLUDING his preseasons.