Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Point's to be taken here are this game proves that the Willian was much needed. We really missed power and pace down the right hand side tonight. It's looking rather worrying that Mata is continuing to miss out (although I'll put that down to fitness atm) Lukaku MUST start in our next games

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than cry about Hazard not being able to create magic on his own surrounded by 3 people, let's look at the real issue. Our build up was non existent, none of the attackers were presented with opportunities to effect the game.

Regardless of who it is, if you're receiving the ball with 3 players on you and the rest of the defence back and in position and no options. You're not going to be able to do much.

I think you missed my first post where I address our entire AM and pivot... I was just answering to a post that was supposed to prove us that Hazard did something substantial in the match when in reality he didn't. He wasn't the only one, the formation wasn't the best, but you can't take away from individual performances. If the attack midfielders try and go for the plays, do the linkups, dribble (effectively) and try everything and we don't score because the formation was stupid and there wasn't a player to do the linkup with them, then I blame the manager alone. But it was a collective unwillingness to win (and score) from the manager to the players...

This was always going to be a tough venue to get a result... with or without Fergie for them.

Today's performance means nothing compared to the fact that we have cleaned up a tidy goalless draw away to United early in the season. I'm satisfied. Had we have gone into the game on the back of two defeats and drawn, I would have been fuming.. but we're top of the table after three games, with 7 points.

Mourinho's idea of putting Schurrle up front was something of a head scratcher though.. it has to be said.. have no idea why he decided to do that!

This was really painful to watch. First half was the worst no doubt. We played that false 9 formation which must have taken everyone by surprise (at least it did to me) and couldnt make it work because our passing was terrible and our players too physically weak to stand united's players challenges and even after several fouls on our players no yellow cards were shown, so eventually we had to keep defending with pretty much the whole squad. I'm actually impressed Oscar and Hazard could both defend and attack and make runs during the entire half. really lucky we didnt concede here because I felt like they could've scored at anytime.

Second half was a lil better, we constructed attacks made good passes but couldnt get through. This time it was us attacking and them making counters. God I wish we had mata down there for more explosiveness, him and Hazard could really make the difference. Then torres came in we started losing the ball more often started defending again with them being less threatening than in first half. Rooney and Valencia were a nightmare imo Im really glad they subbed Valencia but then again we also subbed KDB for Torres so thats only a good for a bad I guess?

Rest of the game went the same way, we had no real chance to score other than a few long easy shots for De Gea but they couldnt either thanks to our defensive work.

Im really unhappy about the false 9, I'm aware that our midfield is full of skilled players while ManU struggle but this doesnt seem like a good reason to use this formation for the first time in one of our most important matches. Ramires was horrible during the first half I wanted him out all long. I voted for hazard MOTM because I think he was the one threatening the most their defense and creating gaps while putting in great effort to defend. Pretty satisfied with the result not with the performance because I think we could have done so much better but failed. This is only the start of the reason and I hope we get better as the time goes on. Looking forward to Bayern's match.

Some people on here seem to think Hazard is on the same level as Messi...news flash, he's fucking not. He was doubled up on the entire game and was often surrounded by 3 players. He's not Jesus, so he's not a fucking miracle worker.

Not really. Even Garry Neville says it's not a penalty, moreover he was so close you can't give penos from there.

His worse decision was the Cole decision. Could easily have been a pen.

Between Ashley Cole and Jones? That was one of the worst dives I have ever seen

This thread is getting ridiculous ,, I an a great supporter of Lukatu and hope ans believe he will become great for us ,,,, BUT give it a fucking rest

. If Jose thinks the time isnt right ,,then I am willing to trust him ...The attitude on here to a GREAT RESULT is fucking unbelievable

Lukaku raped Manutd last year and the time isn't right for him?

Yeah the time is right for Torres I guess.

Good result. Disappointing decisions.

Happy for the clean sheet. The front 4 looked lost at times. Hazard had like 3 guys on him at all times yet everyone else just stands and watches. Get closer and link up with him.

Hate to say it but Cole is shockingly bad in the build up. Considering Hazard is our LW, we need to get a left back who can actually link up with him.

Schurrle worked hard and showed glimpses. KDB was poor. Lamps was horrible. Should never be playing on big matches.

A point isn't the worst. But we could have had at this United team.

you do have a point of players doubling and tripling on Eden most time. It annoyed me at some points because it meant two things 1) there were players unmarked somewhere 2) those players must have been sitting in the bleachers because when opponents double/triple their marking in one of our players, you take advantage of that instead of watching the guy be killed by the opponents all by himself. But there were times when they weren't doubling over him and he went to the horizontal pass instead of going vertical... but you do have a relevant point.

As long as Jose means what he has said and this is indeed a lone term project for him,I am happy with boring ugly wins...a league title will really do wonders for the team,help our young players grow in stature..we will play good football in due course,I can't see likes of Hazard and Oscar going on to become workhorses..it's not the end of the world...