• Torres
    • Schurrle(sub)
    • Lukaku(sub)
    • Marco van Ginkel(sub)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant first half performance. I don't know how, but Mourinho's presence just made Stamford Bridge such a lovely, happy place to be. It seems like the club seems 'happy' in a way as well, it didn't seem so formal like past seasons. Neil Barnett making comments about how he 'looked forward to announcing this manager much more than the last' , the piss take 'New dawn, new day' video of Jose training the players, fans inside the stadium during the warm up singing Jose's name. It just had a really positive vibe which helped the players.

Not too worried about the second half performance. It would have been nice to have kicked on and maybe got another one or two but like Mourinho said, the players were tired after playing internationals midweek. It actually felt comfortable being 2-0 up and the other team attacking unlike under Benitez.

Thought Oscar was absolutely superb today and was at the centre of everything good. Made intelligent runs, looked lively, pressed well, won the ball high up the field, tracked back. Couldn't have asked for anything more really. De Bruyne's passing was a bit wayward at times but its early days and he needs to learn about the players around him. It will come with time. There was some really exceptional one touch link up play with Oscar and Hazard though.

The double pivot was fine. Did a solid job although we didn't see too much of their defensive qualities like we will do against Man U. All in all, very happy with the performance. Solid 3 points on the board, new signings plus Lukaku also looked good. Happy days

Even in the second half when we let our foot off the gas, Hull only really had one chance which was the Curtis Davies header. Their was never any danger of us blowing this.

Annoyingly my stream kept cutting out in the first half, so does anyone know where i can watch the full match again? if someone could provide me with a website i will be forever grateful.

Even in the second half when we let our foot off the gas, Hull only really had one chance which was the Curtis Davies header. Their was never any danger of us blowing this.

Annoyingly my stream kept cutting out in the first half, so does anyone know where i can watch the full match again? if someone could provide me with a website i will be forever grateful.

my stream was good but commentary in Arabic ,,,much better than that Hammer Gale

No need to add which half was the best,the half when they were attacking towards me..it's all about meeeee. :tophat:

I Don't think Jose told his players at half time to step off the gas in the second half.just a fitness issue. I enjoy world cups when they are on and European championships have been fun but apart from that international football is just a pain in the arse.

Top noth first half in terms of creativity and energy. Good second half that showed us solid defensively and I'd put the lack of action in the second down to match sharpness still.

I'm not bashing Eden but he doesn't look at the pace he was last season. I'm hoping it is down to competiitve match fitness and not down to the extra few pounds he has put on in the summer break.

Ramires was an absolute beast in mid today and hos passing seems to have improved a lot.

Happy with what I saw today, now let's bring Villa back down to Earth.

Chelsea X-X Hull City looks a bit weird 4 hours after the match. Just keep it to Chelsea vs Hull City: Post Match. Just looks more normal, then maybe 24 hours it can say 2-0.

We dropped tempo and ball possesion in second half, but overall brilliant performance. Ramires was awesome, he could turn into one of best DM/CM players with regular plays like today. Oscar was top aswell, Hazard needs to be more central figure of team though.

Just think how good we will be with Luiz and Mata. And possibly Rooney.

Todays Mom for me was Lamps, whenever he scores such a beauty (those are getting rarer and rarer), he simply must get Mom award. Legend.