• Lampard
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • De Bruyne
    • Torres
    • Schurrle(sub)
    • Lukaku(sub)
    • Marco van Ginkel(sub)

Brilliant display of what the team can do under Mourinho in the first half, the attacks were oozing creativity and flair, and was just denied by some exceptional saves from the keeper. 3 points, and another possible 3 on Wednesday, the rotation of the squad will really help us win those pesky games where international, European, domestic cup games will try and carve down the fitness of the lads.

Nice to see Oscar and Kevin playing well, with still Moses, Mata, Shurrle on the side waiting to play.

In Jose we trust!

Atmosphere around the stadium was the best in a long while, could really be a fortress if the fans keep up the same enthusiasm, that alone could keep the tension on the lower teams and make it harder for them to concentrate and steal a goal.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad of Mourinho's return and the 3 points. Things I took from the game:

- Fantastic 1st half. Solid performance from all players apart from Hazard.

- Hazard was fairly poor all game and wasn't really influential (match fit?)

- Same old Torres

- I've yet to see Schurrle play a game where we have decent possession, seemed to be running around like a headless chicken. Honestly we were really poor in 2nd half.

- Oscar seemed to be playing quite deep at times when not needed. Needs to push up a bit more often.

Mourinho: 'We showed this is the football we can and want to play, and now it is up to us to show it more times.' #CFC

Mourinho on Rooney: "We will try until the last day to add new players. A striker . . but at this moment every striker has a club."

A bit disappointed with the second half performance after the way we totally battered Hull in the first. The movement, the passing, the intensity, tempo were all extremely brilliant! That being said, it's perhaps understandable why we eased off in the second half given the players just played international friendlies few days ago and with Villa coming up on Wednesday, it was probably wise to conserve the energy for then.

It's just that not being clinical enough and getting that 3rd goal to totally kill Hull off played in the mind and nerves after what happened last season against the lesser sides. We had like around 23-24 shots all game but only 6-7 were on the target. A reflection of the problem from last season. Hope it improves as the season progresses.

All in all, can't ask for more in the first game I guess. A win. 2-0. A clean sheet. And seeing the players performing brilliantly to cap it off as well. A joy to watch.

I don't mean Madrid tactics, I mean Mourinho tactics on Madrid.

You capitalize. You need to read/watch his presses after Madrid matches, or how the team scored very often more goals in the second than in the first.

I don't expect Madrid tactics either because we don't have Ronaldo and Alonso. There's no way to have the same tactics without the two of the vital players that made it work. You add di María, Benzema and Higuaín to that, and that's why they played like that. We don't have equivalent of those either, but we have alternatives that are as good to work in counter-attack

I only meant Mourinho having his team being relentless.

I don't think it's about being relentlessness but rather how to conserve a lead and reduce the chances of conceding with the least effort. Jose proved that to be a very effective tactic in the PL in his first stint here. Whether or not we'll see that often this time around, we'll just have to wait and see.

The season just started. Several players were not included. On Wednesday Villa´s game. I thought it was wise to ease off in the second. Even though, it was only Hull today but I think if the team can play as well as in the first 40 minutes, they can beat anybody.

Great first half, could easily have been five up after the first 45 minutes. Second half understandably not as good as the first but three points all that matters.

Oscar man of the match for me.