• Torres
    • Schurrle(sub)
    • Lukaku(sub)
    • Marco van Ginkel(sub)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there may be some people who will dislike not trying to thrash teams by big numbers. But i for one am perfectly happy with good solid performances resulting in wins and clean sheets. Sure its great when you beat a team 8-0. But 3 points are 3 points. And first game of the season especially we did what we needed to do and did it well.

We could've went out and scored 3 or 4 more, but Jose knows best.

He knows that we have contenders and he knows that we will need to rest our squad. We literally never even broke a sweat second half, we just pissed around and passed it about because we can.

We have Jose, we dominate (at least the 1st half!), we create so many chance, we win and still some people complain! If you want 7 goal in each and every match go support Barcelona cause probably you will see alot of this result in coming matches.

I'm just happy we got Jose back and even if we don't win any trophy this season which is highly unlikely under Jose i should be fine and you lot be better be fine with it too or we'll end up with Benitez, AVB, Avram Grant or some crap manager again! So you better be grateful with what we have right now cause many team dying to be at our position!

Job done

The 2nd half was frustrating though - we literally stopped playing and let Hull back into the match.

Granted it was Hull - but if we get complacent like this against better teams - we will come unstuck.

Yes conserve energy, but keep the fucking ball and demoralise the opposition - not give them a sniff like we did today.

Also agree that the midfield without Mata still looks a little shit. Hazard and Oscar try too many flicks and lose possession way too much. I'm still disappointed with Hazard. He's definitely not 'World Class' and has been pretty average all Pre-season and today - for a guy with that amount of skill, you expect more - well I do...

Shirley did ok when coming on - unlucky with that chip...

All in all 3 points in the bag - Villa will be tougher and Utd even more so - so by the end of next Monday, we'll know much more about our team :) plenty of training sessions between now and then :)

We have Jose, we dominate (at least the 1st half!), we create so many chance, we win and still some people complain! If you want 7 goal in each and every match go support Barcelona cause probably you will see alot of this result in coming matches.

I'm just happy we got Jose back and even if we don't win any trophy this season which is highly unlikely under Jose i should be fine and you lot be better be fine with it too or we'll end up with Benitez, AVB, Avram Grant or some crap manager again! So you better be grateful with what we have right now cause many team dying to be at our position!

its the first game of the season, its not complaints, its areas to improve on. If we had jsut won a trophy there would be no need to worry about areas of weaknesses. Win =/= flawless play.

I am happy at the result, a good 3 point but we did look sloppy in the 2nd half. I am just pissed at Mourinho a little because he didn't play Mata or David Luiz because they were in my fantasy team. What a waste of points there.

Should be pissed at yourself cause he announced both weren't going to play.

I would have liked to see us do more in the second half, it is not enough to be up 2-0 at the half if we are going to drop our momentum and allow the other team opportunities in the second half. Granted they were wasted opportunities but at some point that will come back at bites us in the butt! The second half needs to be as strong as the first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Solid performance, but if we want to hang with the big teams I still believe we need someone like Rooney.

At the moment I think we are more than fine in every position (yes, even the defensive midfield) but we dont have THAT clinical, game changing striker. I do have ALOT of trust, faith and hope in Lukaku but he is still young. Torres is torres and Ba is too sloppy etc. We need that kind of RvP, Drogba, Cavani, Falcao type of striker.