Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.

If it is true that our Spanish players aren't capable of playing in this game, then hopefully we can get to see the Belgian connection instead. For me Romelu has shown enough talent to be second striker (though should be first on threat alone but won't happen this season), and i think Kevin will add alot of attacking prowess in the center with Moses/Shurrle on the right allowing Hazard to free roam and create havic on the left - and maybe interchange with Kevin.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty surprised none of you are giving Hull a chance...

You don't get out of the Championship if you're a bad side... They can definitely make life difficult for us...

First game or the season is a lottery - anything can happen...

It will probably end up 1-1 or maybe 2-1 - I'm just being realistic.

However if we do win by a huge margin - I will be shouting loudest - just think it's a little arrogant to underestimate our opposition, we could be guilty of doing what Bayern did - and look how that turned out. ;)

Somehow, I am surprised that you think Hull might give Chelsea a difficult game.

First game against a newcomer, should be one sided affair, I feel.

If I were you, I wouldn´t worry much. I see, 3 or 4 goals scored by Chelsea.

Somehow, I am surprised that you think Hull might give Chelsea a difficult game.

First game against a newcomer, should be one sided affair, I feel.

If I were you, I wouldn´t worry much. I see, 3 or 4 goals scored by Chelsea.

Not always. they have a lot more to fight for. They'll give their 110%. the only way it can be a one sided affair is if the players treat it as a big game with vital 3 points.

Not always. they have a lot more to fight for. They'll give their 110%. the only way it can be a one sided affair is if the players treat it as a big game with vital 3 points.

Of course, Chelsea have to treated as a game to accumulate 3 points. Are they not aiming to win the EPL title ?

I see, two wins against Hull & Aston perhaps a draw against Manures would be fine. Chelsea needs to start well. As we all know, winning PL, it takes no more than 5-6 loses during the whole season. I am confident Jose is going to stress it.

mmm yeah. the EPL. ohhh baby.

Can't wait. this game is so hard to call. My best bet would be Hull to go 1-0 up within 10 minutes then us to run out comfortable 4-1 winners.

they will come out hard and play a good game. newly promoted, Vs a top team, they are going to be so up for it. but we've had a great pre season, so i cant see us losing it, but i can see Hull shaking us a bit.

I hope KdB starts and I hope he's a huge part of our first team this season, he's been super impressive.

The day Lukaku gets his first competitive Chelsea goal I will be so happy for him. Hope he can get it on Sunday. He dreamed of playing for Chelsea when he was younger and has made significant strides plus wanted to join us over many other clubs and has been patient and waited his time and now is ready to prove his worth this season. Really think he is going to surprise people this season. Beast!

Watching the match preview on Sky Sports. Curbishley really does not have a clue. For a start he put Torres up and then when he debated on who might start up front he said he think he might get the edge over Ba and Schurrle but it is a hard one. Hello, Lukaku is not on loan anymore. He is a Chelsea player and he did not even mention his name. Bloody disrespectful. Weird though that he has Mikel to start on Sunday and even though I think Mikel will become an important part of Mourinho's plans I am unsure he will start this game. The analysis should have been from a Ray Wilkins type of person. Someone who actually watches us and looks at he new boys like MVG.

I'm pretty surprised none of you are giving Hull a chance...

You don't get out of the Championship if you're a bad side... They can definitely make life difficult for us...

First game or the season is a lottery - anything can happen...

It will probably end up 1-1 or maybe 2-1 - I'm just being realistic.

However if we do win by a huge margin - I will be shouting loudest - just think it's a little arrogant to underestimate our opposition, we could be guilty of doing what Bayern did - and look how that turned out. ;)

I follow a good bit of the Championship, and they're a poor side. They went 1-0 up last season and sat back with 11 men behind the ball, not the prettiest.

Also, Bayern won 2-1 didn't they?

I have a feeling Hull is going to come to the bridge and play open and leave gaps for us to get at them on counter great game to play eden oscar moses and lukaku... im soo pumped for this took the day off work to watch.. may not be in london but very dedicated :blue scalf: